Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: [Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 20-Sep-2017, NEW FORMAT)

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Updated: 22/3/2017) 5 months 3 weeks ago #47393

Xelloss,

First of all thank you for this plugin. It works spectacularly and the constant updates shows a huge commitment. One question: is there or a way (or a functionality hack) to check an entire ComicRack database against your ComicVine list for EVERY missing comic (including those series that are not present in the user's database)? Essenitally, seeing every comic the ComicVine database has that you don't. I know this would generate probably too much information for most people, but I just want to know if it's possible with your plugin. Thanks and keep up the great work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Updated: 22/3/2017) 5 months 3 weeks ago #47394

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 101
First of all, thank you so much for your kind words, I am happy people find my little project useful. Second, don't thank me for updating it, I confess I do that because I myself need it for my collection XD

About your question:

It wouldn't be much a problem... In fact you could do it with the second function of my script (checklist mcc files) if someone would create a huge checklist with all the comics in comicvine database...

To do that with my database mcl file and a little code change wouldn't be hard, as it has all comics in the database. The problem would be the comic names...

You see... To make the mcl file relatevely small, I don't save comic series names in the file, but instead I extract them from the comics itself... As all comics shown has at least a comic in your library which it has the series name, that is not a problem as it works now.

In the checklist option (mcc files), as it shows all comics missing, even the ones witch you don't have any issue, there I do store the series name to show in the result.

To do what you mention, I could create a mcc file with all comicvine database, and you could use it with the script just as it is for looking for missing issues, but:

1. I would have to do it manually with a new script and not from comicrack (that would take extra time and work)

2. It would be a huge file.

All the same I think I could do it when I have some free time if you need it... But I cannot asure you I would update it regularely... (as it should be done for it to work ok)

I hope this answer your question, I tried to explain it the best way I could, but if you still have something you would like to know feel free to write them in this topic :)

All the same, the result of what you are asking would be so huge I really doubt it would help you with anything... Remember comicvine has even tpbs and reprints, and comics in many languages (even same comics)

I am telling you this because I think I tried to do something similar to what you are asking, with only comics from 2010 till today, and only from a few publishers, and still the result was so huge it didn't help me at all (and I have most comics from that publishers in that time gap!)

If you still want that mcc file, tell me and I will create an updated version of it when I have some free time (I indeed have all the info to do it if I work on it from the info I downloaded from comicvine to update the mcl file)

Ps: excuse my horrible English... I REALLY have to work on it XD
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Xelloss.

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Updated: 22/3/2017) 4 months 2 weeks ago #47640

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Updated Database: June 2nd 2017

mega.nz/#!kJs30RrT!LHxH1tD8N5czUuwI17_W7xV_duovW98mZxJ86xAhz44

Sorry for being late this time... I have been quite busy in my personal life D:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rmagere, romsnesrom

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Updated: 22/3/2017) 1 month 1 week ago #48148

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Updated Database: Sep 11 2017

mega.nz/#!4BNg0DSI!QFIW7KBCScduPLgTskgevQK2rh4XOthnCWMWZ5jDCeo

You should really tell me when I haven't upload it for so long XD
The following user(s) said Thank You: romsnesrom

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Updated: 22/3/2017) 1 month 1 week ago #48155

We didn't want to bother you :)

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Updated: 11-Sep-2017) 1 month 6 days ago #48186

• huoc
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks a lot, this is a pretty cool script to have :) it helps a lot in maintaining the integrity of a collection.

I'm just wondering why it does not give detailed feedback on "Comics not in Database", "Unscrapped Comics" and "Repeated Comics", only a total number.
I think path and filename would be useful (also publisher, series, volume and number where available).

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Updated: 11-Sep-2017) 1 month 5 days ago #48187

• bferrell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm really loving this script--you're awesome! As a way to say thank you, I wrote a small python program to update the mcl file. I haven't fully tested it, but for "good" inputs it seems to work just fine. This way you won't be too burdened with us waiting on you to provide updated files :)

Usage is pretty straightforward.
python update_missing.py <in_file> <out_file> <api_key> <start_date> <end_date>

An example command based on the current database version (fill in API_KEY with your own):
python update_missing.py missing.mcl missing_20170917.mcl API_KEY 2017-09-11 2017-09-17

There is more documentation in the py file itself. Feel free to copy/modify to your heart's desire.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelloss

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Updated: 11-Sep-2017) 1 month 4 days ago #48192

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
WOw! I have just read your script and it is A LOT simpler than the way I do it! It is fantastic!

It is incredible how you understood how my script worked and manage to find a way to update it easily without all my "system"

The key was the date, I didn't know you could use it in comicvine api, that helps A LOT!

What I like of your script it is that it uses the current data, and updates it downloading the new data in the best way possible!

I have to test it when I am at home, but the idea itself is excellent! This will help everyone in this forum to update their own database without needing me, THANKS A LOT!

btw, I like what you did with the problem with the '"' in the number definition, and also the bugfix for the volume 77901. I had never noticed that and it is true, it would be a big problem if not carefully treated as you did. So, you not only find a way to updating the database, but also fixing it :)
Last Edit: 1 month 4 days ago by Xelloss.

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Updated: 11-Sep-2017) 1 month 4 days ago #48193

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
If you let me propose a more general fix for ","s in the "number name"s, instead of an individual bugfix and preparing the script for another situation like that... Why not just replace the ","s in the number with a "."? (or if you want a more elegant solution, replacing it with a string such as "##bugfix##", and then replace it in my script with a "," for the output XD). We can also do the same with the ";" character!

This will also fix this:

"The lists are comma delimited. Commas followed immediately by a space are
not considered a delimiter. Some issues are numbered like "v. 1, no. 01".
If there is a space in the list of issue numbers, the entire list is
wrapped in double quotes."

As nowayadays my script DOESN'T see that that way (which should!). I will try to make a temporary fix for that now so that it works with current databases files (I will replace ", " for " " before spltting the number string)

About the '"' in the mcl files, I will tell you the truth, I HAVE NO IDEA where they came from, they shouldn't be there (I will clean my mcl files from now on of them)

I say it again, It is incredible how you understood the script even better than me that created it, and found so many bugs and even fix them without touching my script! O_o (thanks again)

edit: U_U I was searching the reason why there were '"' in the mcl file, and now that I found it, I realised you have already found it: "If there is a space in the list of issue numbers, the entire list is wrapped in double quotes."

That is MYSQL Workbench fault (Which I use to export the data), I never realised it did that... And my script never had it into account...

Please, feel free to not export it in the output file anymore, as I will delete it from my mcl files from now on... (as my script doesn't deal with them). I will also add a quick fix for the already created mcl files, but the idea is to not have to deal with it in the future, as it doesn't make any sense to use them...

[Script] Find Missing Comics using Comicvine Offline (Updated: 11-Sep-2017) 1 month 4 days ago #48194

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Updated script with fixes:

File Attachment:

File Name: FindMissin...CV-2.zip
File Size:4 KB

It now ignores '"' in number strings (as first and last character only)
It now ignores ', ' as number separator and replace it with " " in number strings (only if the above is true, and number is no " ")

These are temporary fixes for "corrupted" mcl files (all of them till today), but the idea is to delete/replace all '"' and ',' in comic number string in mcl files from now on... (to avoid future bugs and errors)

Also the new mcl file "fixed" (with no "s or ,s)

mega.nz/#!IM9QHJhK!qpLc3tNQ6bCNRby3J_1NFau3tyaRHUMRn68AXx9DJ-w

(it is the same version I uploaded last week, I will not update it till I can test bferrel script to update it :))
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Who's Online

We have 251 guests and 7 members online