Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: [Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 23-Nov-2017!)

[Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 20-Sep-2017, NEW FORMAT) 2 months 1 week ago #48243

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 118
It appears I only had to add an icon to appear there... XD

Realising that I learnt a lot of new things though about comicrack interface...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 20-Sep-2017, NEW FORMAT) 2 months 1 week ago #48245

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Yes - that is actually the only thing I know as I had repackaged your old script myself by adding an icon (a question mark) :silly: .
I was about to do the same with the new version but thought we would all benefit from it ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelloss

[Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 20-Sep-2017, NEW FORMAT) 2 months 1 week ago #48246

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
It is funny, because I thought Library hook was for that... (instead of books), but I wanted also to keep the "book hook", so I began doing what I always do for scripting, opening other scripts and looking for the things I want to add to my script (in this case I used Library organizer), and see I could add multiple hooks per .py file... so I added a hook for Library and built a function that called the original function (later I realised you can put multiple hooks in the same function with "," XD), but I didn't see any changes... So I thought... ok, I need to add an icon to do that, which was quite easy to find how to XD, and so I added the icon in the Library hook, and, just by chance, I added it also to the "books hook" (for cosmetic only). This time it worked... but not because what I thought it did... (it was because I added the icon to the "book hook" and not the library hook)...

After that, I realised I had to put a filter so that if no book is selected, the script didn't do anything (something that from the Automation link was imposible before), and I added this condition to the function called in the "library hook". Of course, it didn't work, because the button was calling to the book hook... and that was unchanged... After A LOT of trial and error, I realised that the library hooks is for the "file -> automation" menu, and the book hook is for edit -> automation and bar buttons... (the second only shown when the book hook has an icon XD)

Al this to learn this:

book hook is for "Second Click -> automation" in selected comic (with or without an icon), and also for the button bar IF iIT HAS AN ICON
library hook is for "File->automation" (with or without an icon)

You can add multiple "hooks (with their name and icons)" in a py file, and it apply to the function it is hooked to...
You can also add multiple hook types for a function by using "," in the hook type (for example in my script it is now "books, library")

Also, THANKS! all ideas to improve my scripts are always super welcome!
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Xelloss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rmagere

[Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 20-Sep-2017, NEW FORMAT) 3 weeks 6 days ago #48580

• beardyandy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Xeloss

You mention here comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/13-scripts/4...cripts-here?start=10

That I could perhaps use this script to repopulate the comicvine_issue field for previously scraped comics

Steps I took...
1) Used the crplugin - It may be that I'm using the wrong version here. I'm a little confused about your naming convention is FindMissingIssuesOffline-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.crplugin the latest one (ver 2.7). Just checking you've updated the first page of this post with the latest one?
out of interest, what is the logic of that naming convention?

2) I download the mcl file and point the plugin to that when it runs.

It detects the file as unscraped, but the CVCB is in the notes field

In the xml I can see
<Notes>Scraped metadata from ComicVine [CVDB212420].</Notes>

I'm clearly doing something wrong but not quite sure what.

[Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 20-Sep-2017, NEW FORMAT) 3 weeks 4 days ago #48604

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
You are doing it ok, I don't know what could be working wrong...

When I have some free time (I am VERY busy these weeks) I will take a better look at it... I promise

About the name convention... I don't put that name, it is the forum that detect the duplicate files and change de name :P

I upload it as "FindMissingIssuesOffline.crplugin", and the forum change it to that because of old versions uploaded in other posts XD

The last version it is always the one in the first post of this forum (If I remember to change it :P)

[Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 20-Sep-2017, NEW FORMAT) 2 weeks 5 days ago #48650

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, this is rare... I used my script with a "notes" field as you mention and it worked for me... It recognised it, and put the correct custom values...

In your case it seems it doesn't recognise it, so my guess would be you are using the incorrect mcl file...

I will try to upload a new one today, try using that one and tell me if it worked...

[Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 20-Sep-2017, NEW FORMAT) 2 weeks 5 days ago #48651

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
New version of the mcl file!

23-11-2017 database:

mega.nz/#!pNkXkSyY!EJUw5VHT9Q6U_eo1oWd7CuuVwgbKx_S9FX99o0BEahI

Automatically done with bferrel script! :)

I also cleanes the first post of this topic and updated it, it was a complete mess XD
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Xelloss.

[Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 20-Sep-2017, NEW FORMAT) 2 weeks 3 days ago #48652

• beardyandy
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Xeloss but that's not working for me (populating the comicvine_issue field from existing ID in the notes field). Strange but not working on several thousand (with V2.7 of your script and that latest MCL).

It would be simple enough to do, I just need to copy the field but the copy/ replace script I have (V1.3.1 by stonepaw) won't copy to custom fields.

May have to finally learn some sql to do it. Any other suggestions very welcome but your help and replies are very much appreciated.

[Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 20-Sep-2017, NEW FORMAT) 2 weeks 3 days ago #48654

• beardyandy
  • Junior Boarder
Hah, ignore that, I'm an idiot - I've managed it

For anyone else (I'm sure there are 10 better ways!)

1) Copy notes field to tags field
2) Search and replace the extra Scraped metadata from ComicVine [CVDB ]. part
3) Copy tags to comicvine_issue through datamanger

EDIT :blush: Or just do the whole thing in datamanager
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by beardyandy.

[Script] Find Missing Comics using CV Offline (Updated: 20-Sep-2017, NEW FORMAT) 2 weeks 3 days ago #48657

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
beardyandy wrote:
Thanks Xeloss but that's not working for me (populating the comicvine_issue field from existing ID in the notes field). Strange but not working on several thousand (with V2.7 of your script and that latest MCL).

It would be simple enough to do, I just need to copy the field but the copy/ replace script I have (V1.3.1 by stonepaw) won't copy to custom fields.

May have to finally learn some sql to do it. Any other suggestions very welcome but your help and replies are very much appreciated.

That's really strange... It should work with the notes "ComicVine [CVDB ]. part" D:

Are the comics recognised by the script?
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Who's Online

We have 254 guests and 2 members online