Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: [archive] Script retrieves X unread comics by series group in order com

[archive] Script retrieves X unread comics by series group in order com 9 months 1 week ago #46926

• MofoMojo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Note: Please ignore this thread.
Use this one instead.

This is a script I took and modified from Ricardo Pescuma Domenecci. It grabs 1,5, or 10 of all comics defined in a Series Group, that are unread, by published date. I modified his original script because I have some comics, like Hellboy series where I put BPRD, Hellboy, Abe Sapien, etc,. in the same Series Group. I wanted to read them all in the order in which they were published but I didn't want to sync them all to my iPad.

This smartlist script does that for me. It basically gets up to 10 comics per Series Group, in the order they were published, oldest to newest, and unread. This way, every time I sync this specific list the read ones drop out and the next unread comics by publish date in each series group are sync'd up.

There are times where the publish date may be the same for a given set of comics in the same series/group, and in this case the order will be based on the series number. I build an "order #" to sort by using YEARMONTHSERIESNUMBER. I haven't tested this out thoroughly but spot checking against my collection seems to be working well. Hope someone finds this useful.

Enjoy!
Last Edit: 9 months 16 hours ago by MofoMojo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xelloss

Script retrieves X unread comics by series group in order comics were published 9 months 4 days ago #46948

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 117
great idea for a script! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MofoMojo

Script retrieves X unread comics by series group in order comics were published 9 months 17 hours ago #46983

• MofoMojo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Yeah... that was supposed to be more than an Idea. :) Totally forgot to attach the script into the body of the message itself. Just attached to the post. Just put out v.02 on a new thread that I'll use for tracking updates.

Thanks!
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Who's Online

We have 163 guests and 4 members online