Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: [Script] Retrieves X unread comics by SeriesGroup in order comics were published

[Script] Retrieves X unread comics by SeriesGroup in order comics were published 9 months 3 days ago #46982

• MofoMojo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Sorry for the repost but I just realized that I had never added the attachment link to the body of the message.

So, here's a a script I took and modified from Ricardo Pescuma Domenecci. It grabs 1,5, or 10 of all comics defined in a Series Group, that are unread, by published date. I modified his original script because I have some comics, like Hellboy series where I put BPRD, Hellboy, Abe Sapien, etc,. in the same Series Group. I wanted to read them all in the order in which they were published but I didn't want to sync them all to my iPad.

This smartlist script does that for me. It basically gets up to 10 comics per Series Group, in the order they were published, oldest to newest, and unread. This way, every time I sync this specific list the read ones drop out and the next unread comics by publish date in each series group are sync'd up.

There are times where the publish date may be the same for a given set of comics in the same series/group, and in this case the order will be based on the series number. I build an "order #" to sort by using YEARMONTHSERIESNUMBER. I haven't tested this out thoroughly but spot checking against my collection seems to be working well. Hope someone finds this useful.

I've updated to version .02 now. I found
with some series like batman which has issue 0s, and issue numbers with periods, 1.1, 1.2, that this would throw off the system. Issue 1000000 I haven't investigated yet. Probably for a .3 version I'll simply set the 1000000th issue to like an issue #0 so it will at least get seen.

Feedback appreciated!

v.02

File Attachment:

File Name: NextIssueI...PDv2.zip
File Size:11 KB

Also available here
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rmagere

[Script] Retrieves X unread comics by SeriesGroup in order comics were published 9 months 3 days ago #46985

• MofoMojo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Here's my two Smartlists I use to manage my content on my devices.

This smartlist uses Pescuma's original script to pull back any of my comics that don't have SeriesGroups, such as trades, Limited Series, etc,.
Name "No Series Group"
Match All
{
    Not [Read Percentage] is greater "98",
    [Series Group] equals "",
    Not [File Directory] starts with "I:\\Books\\ComicRack\\0 day",
    [User Scripts] Next 5 issues to read including firsts
}

This uses my user script to pull back SeriesGroups. Also, I'm only interested in Batman series that were published in or after February 1987 so I have a "No Match" clause that ensures it doesn't grab any articles before then. You could do similar for really long running series that perhaps you're not interested in earlier, stacking "no match" groups. Also, I have a NOT clause on SeriesGroup = "" because this script will see a blank SeriesGroup as a SeriesGroup and I didn't want it to include those.
Name "Series Group"
Match All
{
    Not [Read Percentage] is greater "98",
    Not [Series Group] equals "",
    Not [File Directory] starts with "I:\\Books\\ComicRack\\0 day",
    Not Match All
    {
        [Series Group] equals "Batman",
        [Published] is before "2/1987"
    },
    [User Scripts] Next 5 IssueInSGbyPD
}

Both scripts block out my 0-day folder as I don't want things I haven't finished scraping, organizing, tagging, etc,. being included.

Hope that's clear and helpful.
Last Edit: 9 months 3 days ago by MofoMojo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Who's Online

We have 196 guests and 2 members online