Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Comic Vine Scraper - Can't Install

[SOLVED] Comic Vine Scraper - Can't Install 7 months 3 weeks ago #47313

I seem to be missing something here and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.
I recently had a laptop crap out on me so I replaced it and have been working towards rebuilding everything from scratch. My comics are stored on a network drive and I opted to get a fresh start on my ComicRack setup.
I installed v0.9.178 onto my new laptop and set about putting back my plugins, Smart Folders, etc.
When I went to install the Comic Vine Scraper, I selected the Install button and pointed it at 1.0.93 of the scraper plugin but nothing happened. I shut down ComicRack and double-clicked on the plugin instead. When I do that ComicRack launches and displays the Script section of the Preferences dialog but again the plugin isn't put into the install queue.
I pulled an older version of the plugin from a backup (v1.0.90) and whether I double-click on it or install it from the Preferences dialog it installs just fine. Of course 1.0.90 doesn't scrape anymore so I downloaded v1.0.92 only to find that it won't install either.
Clearly I'm doing something stupid but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. Has anyone run into this before? If so could you shove me in the direction that I require to get up and running again?
Last Edit: 6 months 22 hours ago by Cyber-Wizard.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper - Can't Install 7 months 2 weeks ago #47333

• Surfal666
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Check out what is in %APPDATA%\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts. Possibly you've got a messed up partial install?

Comic Vine Scraper - Can't Install 7 months 2 weeks ago #47338

No such luck, I'm afraid. That scripts folder shows the three scripts that I have installed successfully. No sign of the ComicVine scraper and the .Pending directory is empty.

Comic Vine Scraper - Can't Install 7 months 2 weeks ago #47339

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
This is odd. it sounds like ComicRack is crashing before it can get to the install and forgetting it is trying to install it.

One thing worth trying would be to uninstall every other script first then try before reinstalling the others.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by jkthemac.

Comic Vine Scraper - Can't Install 7 months 2 weeks ago #47344

It's super weird.

I removed all of the other plugins, shut down ComicRack, and doubleclicked on the ComicVineScraper-1.0.93.crplugin. ComicRack launches fine but opens the script installation window with nothing in it. Clicking the Install button and manually selecting the plugin doesn't do anything either. I downloaded another copy of the plugin in case the first one was corrupted somehow but it wouldn't install either.

I uninstalled ComicRack and then shut down and powered my laptop on again (Win10 1607 Build 14393.1066). After it was up again I reinstalled ComicRack v0.9.178 without letting it launch. I then doubleclicked on ComicVineScraper-1.0.93.crplugin again but got the same result.

Comic Vine Scraper - Can't Install 7 months 2 weeks ago #47346

• Surfal666
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
That is super-ultra-mega-weird.

So now you can decide just how big a hammer to hit it with...

When you dbl-click the plugin, windows ought to be executing
"C:\Program Files\ComicRack\ComicRack.exe" -ip "%1"
or whatever based on where you installed comicrack. so you could try running that by hand and see what happens.

Or you can unpack the plugin (its just a zip file) and install it by hand.

Or you can set fire to the computer, get a new one and see if that works better. (lol just kidding - dont do this. unless you're rich. like really rich.)

Comic Vine Scraper - Can't Install 7 months 2 weeks ago #47352

That was quite helpful!! Although not perhaps in the way you intended.

When I opened up ComicVineScraper-1.0.90.crplugin (which was copied from an older download of 600WPMPO's "The Organizer") as a zip file to have a look inside there is a collection of Python scripts, DLL's, ZIP's, and PNG's. 55 Files in all.
When I opened up the newly downloaded ComicVineScraper-1.0.92.crplugin or ComicVineScraper-1.0.93.crplugin both have only two files inside. Ionic.Zip.dll and ComicVineScraper.py were the only things in there.
I took a shot and installed 1.0.90 and just copied the files from 1.0.93 into the Script directory. No luck.

I figured since there were files missing from inside the package I figured maybe my A/V software messed with the file on download. I disabled my A/V (ESET NOD32) and downloaded the plugin again. When I opened it up to peek inside it had all of it's files intact. Following that it installed just fine.

Thank you for your help! Now I can get back to setting up my organizing.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Cyber-Wizard.

Comic Vine Scraper - Can't Install 7 months 2 weeks ago #47354

Well, I'm sort of closer.

The script does seem to install. It's now listed in the Scripts dialog and it shows that it's installed. However, the ComicVineScraper icon is still missing from the menu bar. I'm not quite sure what to make of that.
I uninstalled the ComicVineScraper plugin and reinstalled it, making sure that my anti-virus was turned off, but still no joy. Guess I'm not out of the woods yet.

Comic Vine Scraper - Can't Install 7 months 2 weeks ago #47357

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I have noticed a few scripts including this one have only part installed once the program runs, but that shutting it down and restarting it makes everything fine. Before you hit uninstall have you at least tried that?

Comic Vine Scraper - Can't Install 7 months 2 weeks ago #47368

Yep. I gave ComicRack a couple of restarts for good measure to see if that would finish up the ComicVineScraper install. I figured when I still didn't get anything, a reinstall of the scraper would do the trick. Clearly I was wrong.

I've since run an older installer of the scraper but got the same result. I tried manually installing all of the files from the plugin to the Scripts directory. That gives me the same result, the scripts section under preferences shows that it is installed, but the icons don't show up.

If I right-click on a comic in a folder and select Automation I have an entry there labeled cvs_scrape. Selecting that gives me a pop up error that says that "Execution of the Script Failed" and advises that 'ScopeStorage' object has no attribute 'cvs_scrape'.

Something is surely fishy.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Who's Online

We have 237 guests and 3 members online