Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 2 months 4 weeks ago #48020

• Skullberry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I've been finding a lot of better scans lately. The problem is after scraping there is still allot of Metadata that was manually added over time on the older lower quality scans. I'm looking for a script that copies meta from a stack of older scans then adds it to the new scans.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 2 months 4 weeks ago #48024

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Have you tried just coping the data from the old scan (right click - copy data) and then paste everything (right click - paste data - check all boxes)?
----

Edit - re-reading your message I guess when you say "a lot of scans" you mean more than you can manage manually as per above.
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by rmagere.

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 2 months 4 weeks ago #48026

• Skullberry
  • Senior Boarder
Hmmm....

That's still an individual issue thing, right?

If I just downloaded a new uncanny x men file with better scans and I already have a bunch of meta filled out in a bunch of the old scans.

I could copy the data from all the new ones and paste it to all the new? All at once?

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 2 months 4 weeks ago #48033

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Skullberry wrote:
Hmmm....

That's still an individual issue thing, right?

If I just downloaded a new uncanny x men file with better scans and I already have a bunch of meta filled out in a bunch of the old scans.

I could copy the data from all the new ones and paste it to all the new? All at once?

I am confused: you mentioned you downloaded "a new uncanny x-men file" i.e. 1 new file and you want to copy into it all the information from the other files? Surely copying the titles, dates of publication, summaries from multiple issue to one issue for them to be merged does not make sense (nor does comicrack do that)

If instead you are saying you want to copy all those characteristics that are common across files, then you can just select the relevant fields and you can copy such information to multiple files in one go.

If you have never tried copy/paste data give it a shot and see whether or not it is what you are looking for.

I thought you wanted to copy everything (and I mean everything) from issue 1 to the new issue 1, from issue 2 to the new issue 2 - which (for multiple issues) would be a pain with copy/paste.

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 2 months 3 weeks ago #48037

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
I don't think this is what Skullberry is saying.

I also sometimes wish this function was available. Imagine you had a load of scanned files and you preferred digital files (or vice versa), you may manage to find a selection of better files and want to copy the data from the scanned files to the digital files before moving and replacing the files.

This is a labour intensive process if you have twenty or more files that you want to replace in your library. Copy and paste for multiple files is tedious and can be prone to error. The main reason I often have to do this is my your database has been tweaked and improved from the original scrape, and multiple custom fields have been inserted.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by jkthemac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skullberry

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 2 months 3 weeks ago #48041

• Skullberry
  • Senior Boarder
jkthemac wrote:
I don't think this is what Skullberry is saying.

I also sometimes wish this function was available. Imagine you had a load of scanned files and you preferred digital files (or vice versa), you may manage to find a selection of better files and want to copy the data from the scanned files to the digital files before moving and replacing the files.

This is a labour intensive process if you have twenty or more files that you want to replace in your library. Copy and paste for multiple files is tedious and can be prone to error. The main reason I often have to do this is my your database has been tweaked and improved from the original scrape, and multiple custom fields have been inserted.

What he said.

A copy and paste for multiple issues is what I'm asking for, I guess. Or an automated script that affected duplicates. Let's say you highlight a stack of duplicates, the requested script would find each pair of duplicates in that stack and then copy meta from the one that had custom fields to the one that didn't...then on to the next pair.

Thanks for the replies, guys.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Skullberry.

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 2 months 3 weeks ago #48046

• Skullberry
  • Senior Boarder
I was discussing this very topic with a buddy of mine today (He's helping me build a beastly nas) , he was telling me that he believes that calibre has a feature that does what we've been talking about. He, however, doesn't use calibre so he wasn't sure.

Anyone out there familiar with calibre?

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 2 months 3 weeks ago #48055

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 248
In theory a simple SQL script in any language could do this directly if you are using an SQL/Nas combo.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by jkthemac.

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 2 months 3 weeks ago #48056

• krandor
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Skullberry wrote:
I've been finding a lot of better scans lately. The problem is after scraping there is still allot of Metadata that was manually added over time on the older lower quality scans. I'm looking for a script that copies meta from a stack of older scans then adds it to the new scans.

I just found recently there is an option in duplicate manager to do this when it removes duplicates. Turned it on about a week ago and so far it seems to be working. Read state is the main one I'm concerned about because I'll read a comic then get a better scan and it comes in as "unread". I haven't seen that behavior since turning on that featuer.

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 2 months 6 days ago #48074

• pueblo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
As far as I know duplicate manager copies only few fields (AlternateCount, AlternateNumber, AlternateSeries, Count, Title).
It would be nice if rest fields would also be supported (like: number, vol, published date, tags, ratings, notes, custom fields etc).

For me, the best solution would be to choose (in config file) an override folder (ex D:\Comics\Organized\) with files with preferred metadata values.
When script decides to delete something from this folder it should copy all values from file in override folder to new file.
When both files (duplicates) are in override folder, nothing would be deleted.
In perfect world user could choose which fields to copy ;)

Side note, I keep my comics in folders like D:\Comics\Organized\ and D:\Comics\Incoming\.
I don't have many duplicates in Organized folder, but Incoming is a real mess. And what's worse, a lot of files in Incoming are better
quality, so right now I'm handling them semi-manually.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Who's Online

We have 198 guests and 6 members online