Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 3 months 2 weeks ago #48086

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 118
I have to read all the topic more carefully, but it sounds A LOT to what my "autocomplete script" does.... (although with specific fields I choose)

Edit: Ok, I have read it now, and yes... it is. Of course not with all fields, and the script does much more than that (it also copies volume fields for example if the volume is the same, even when it is not the same comic exactly)

If you send me a list of all the fields you want to copy, I could add them to the fields it copy ONLY when the comicvine scrapper id is the same... :)

About how my script works, it is easy, you select the comics you want to autocomplete, run the script, and it will copy the fields from the "nearest" comic (the more the same). It also choose the fields to autocomplete depending how similar de "source comic" is... but if the "condition" is the nearest one (the same scrapper id), then I don't see any reason to not include EVERY field you want :)

It would help me to improve my script a lot, and at the same time it would help you for what you want.

Actually, among the many uses I give to this script daily, is to do what you are mentioning, replacing comics with new scans without having to complete them from 0... But I do that knowing which fields the script complete, which are the ones I need, surely not the same as yours

The script I am talking about:

comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/13-scripts/3...pt-beta?limitstart=0

If I remember correctly it copies: Series Group, Imprint, Count, Format, and nothing more (it was thought for copying information from different comics of the same volume, that's why they are fields usually consistent in every volume)

If you want to try the script just as it is, I recommend to only use it for what you want in "duplicated comics already scraped", as if it is not duplicated it will copy the data from comics of the same volume (and perheps it is not what you want)

NOTE: This script if for use in only the comics you want to modify, not in the source ones... The script will take ALL your library as data input for the data and find the source comics if any... In case you selected both comics, the script will try to guess which one is the one you want to modify and which one is the soruce, but I don't guaranteeit will choose correctly (specially if bot fields are completed in each comic)
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Xelloss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 3 months 2 weeks ago #48109

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
I specifically updated the script for this use, now it will copy many fields (most of the ones not scrapped, such as custom values) if it recognised a duplicate :)

File Attachment:

File Name: Autocomple...-6-7.zip
File Size:7 KB

If there is a field I forgot that you want me to include in the script, answer this post with the name of the field :)
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Xelloss.

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 3 months 1 week ago #48111

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
Interesting. So to clarify if I ran it while selecting ten new issues that I already had, would this script identify the same issues and copy the values to the new files?

[Script Request] Transfer Metadata between doubles 3 months 1 week ago #48115

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
yes, the script as always search for the info in ALL YOUR LIBRARY, and will only copy fields into the selected files

The rule for copying is that the source comic field is not empty, and the the output comic is empty (it doesn't overwrite)

In the case of Tags and Genres, it will copy the ones that the output comic hasn't and the soruce comic has... (they are copied one by one)

Also, it will only copy fields that are not scrapped by cvscraper, and not all of them (if someone want some field it doesn't copy to be added, ask for it, I put the ones I could think of)

IMPORTANT: remember the usual volume information copy still works the same as always...

edit: This only works with cvscraped comics... (source and output both) it will ignore any other matches because they are not sure. In addition, because of performance in how the algorithm works, it will only work if the series is EXACTLY the same... (usually they should be if the comics are scraped). This is for the script to be quick and not compare ALL books in the library with ALL books, which would make the script works for many seconds (even minutes) instead of 1 or 2
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Xelloss.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds

Who's Online

We have 234 guests and one member online