Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper Patch [Not Official]

Comic Vine Scraper Patch [Not Official] 8 months 6 days ago #49095

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 150
EricS1980 wrote:
I've come across a few that are returning no results with the scraper.

The series I'm unable to scrape are:
Coyotes
Reactor
VS

All three are giving me 'Search Failed. Couldn't find any comic books that match...' with the scraper using your latest version (cvdb-2-3-4-5-6-7-8). I reverted back to my original cvdb.py file, and Coyotes and Reactor were both found, but VS still couldn't be found.

I tried running all 3 searches through the api in my browser and they all came back with results (just 1 each for Coyotes and Reactor, but quite a few for VS):
comicvine.gamespot.com/api/search/?api_k...tes&resources=volume
comicvine.gamespot.com/api/search/?api_k...tor&resources=volume
comicvine.gamespot.com/api/search/?api_k...=VS&resources=volume

I was able to locate all 3 searching ComicVine directly, and was able to scrape all of them by manually entering the comcivine_volume ID into ComicRack and rescraping.

Hope this info is helpful. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks.

About Coyote and Reactor, MY MISTAKE, the scraper works different for one result only queries, I never noticed that. My patch worked only for the branch that returned more than one result. Now if ONLY ONE result is returned, it will show it no matter what (the patch will ignore this case and it will work as before)

About the VS case, it was not becuase of the patch, but because how the script filtered conflictive words such as vs, is, the, etc... This was very clever of the developer, as this words could cause "no results" before. As the new method can ignore words, I made a little modification that will make the scropt use this words in case they are alone.

All this changes are already made to the patch in the version I just posted :P

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE BUG REPORTS! I fixed big bugs thanks to them
Last Edit: 8 months 6 days ago by Xelloss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic Vine Scraper Patch [Not Official] 8 months 6 days ago #49097

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Don't use the last version, I broke something somewhere and I am fixing it U_U

Comic Vine Scraper Patch [Not Official] 8 months 6 days ago #49098

• Gemris
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Ok, I know i'm going to look pretty stupid here, but I can't find the folder to put this file in anywhere on my computer. AND I did a search for files, hidden and otherwise, and there is no file on my computer named cvdb.py to replace with this new one.

I'm working with Windows 10. The only Comic Vine Scraper file is under AppData, and the script file in Comicrack doesn't have a py file by that name.

Can anyone assist?

Comic Vine Scraper Patch [Not Official] 8 months 6 days ago #49099

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Now, here is the correct last version:

File Attachment:

File Name: cvdb2.1-2.zip
File Size:9 KB

Sorry for the problems, fixing other issues I completely broke the big searches U_U

This one should work ok!
The following user(s) said Thank You: beardyandy

Comic Vine Scraper Patch [Not Official] 8 months 6 days ago #49100

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Gemris wrote:
Ok, I know i'm going to look pretty stupid here, but I can't find the folder to put this file in anywhere on my computer. AND I did a search for files, hidden and otherwise, and there is no file on my computer named cvdb.py to replace with this new one.

I'm working with Windows 10. The only Comic Vine Scraper file is under AppData, and the script file in Comicrack doesn't have a py file by that name.

Can anyone assist?

In MY windows 10, it is here:

C:\Users\Nahuel Nakama\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper

(change the user name to yours)

An easier way to find the folder is: Open ComicRack, go to scripts, and double click in the Scrapper icon inside the script list :)

You won't find the folder by file search because it is a system folder that is hidden for normal searches U_U

Actually you don't seem stupid at all, the folder, if you don't know how to look for it, is quite difficult to find... I remember having problems with this some time ago

Comic Vine Scraper Patch [Not Official] 8 months 6 days ago #49101

• beardyandy
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Gemris

Just make sure it's installed ok first
bit.ly/cvs1093

All the files should be in \scripts\Comic Vine Scraper

Afraid I don't use the standard location but from memory it's in %appdata%cYo\ then *maybe* data\scripts\comic vine scraper

EDIT - follow Xelloss' instructions. Just to note that %appdata% is a shortcut that gets you up to the /Roaming/ part
Last Edit: 8 months 6 days ago by beardyandy.

Comic Vine Scraper Patch [Not Official] 8 months 6 days ago #49102

• beardyandy
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Xeloss-

I use comicrack in portable so all my information from the roaming should be under P:\comicrack\data

But I just noticed a folder for the scraper under C:\Users\hawki\AppData\Roaming\Comic Vine Scraper - probably the one Gemris was finding - note it's not under the CYo folder

It's likely it always did this and I never noticed but thought I'd check it wasn't a change you'd made.

EDIT- Ignore me (again!) Looks to be where it saves api key and settings. Shame this isn't under the portable folder (for backups) but can live with it
Last Edit: 8 months 6 days ago by beardyandy.

Comic Vine Scraper Patch [Not Official] 8 months 6 days ago #49103

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Not my doing, I was looking at exactly the same just now XD

It seems the script save its configuration files there

Comic Vine Scraper Patch [Not Official] 8 months 6 days ago #49104

• Gemris
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Thanks for all the help. Comic Rack Scraper should be installed fine since I've been using it for a while now.

And I found the folder in appdata scripts/Comic Vine Scraper, but there are no .py files in it, hidden or otherwise. I have my file explorer set to show me all system files. How do I replace the current file with the new one if it can't find the current file by the same name in that folder?

Comic Vine Scraper Patch [Not Official] 8 months 6 days ago #49105

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
Gemris wrote:
Thanks for all the help. Comic Rack Scraper should be installed fine since I've been using it for a while now.

And I found the folder in appdata scripts/Comic Vine Scraper, but there are no .py files in it, hidden or otherwise. I have my file explorer set to show me all system files. How do I replace the current file with the new one if it can't find the current file by the same name in that folder?

Did you double click the comicvine scraper icon in options->scripts to open the script folder? Where does this takes you to?

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Who's Online

We have 145 guests and 2 members online