Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: (New) Import Comic Info From ComicVine

Re:(New) Import Comic Info From ComicVine 7 years 10 months ago #5216

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Alan Scott wrote:
@ Arturo - Hello, with the newest version of ComicRack, upon first attempt to import, I get this error box...

The attached file should fix this... I have no time just now to make a proper package and upload it, so simply overwrite the current file.

File Attachment:

File Name: ImportComi..._8_2.zip
File Size:17 KB
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:(New) Import Comic Info From ComicVine 7 years 10 months ago #5217

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
No need for apologies, my man, do it when you can. I'm sure we will survive the week's wait :P .

In the interest of keeping you informed, the script will now successfully run with issues having preexisting tags. If I try to run on an issue without one, the script quits. If I manually enter a tag for an issue without one, it will successfully run. So halfway there ;) .
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:(New) Import Comic Info From ComicVine 7 years 10 months ago #5220

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Alan Scott wrote:
No need for apologies, my man, do it when you can. I'm sure we will survive the week's wait :P .

In the interest of keeping you informed, the script will now successfully run with issues having preexisting tags. If I try to run on an issue without one, the script quits. If I manually enter a tag for an issue without one, it will successfully run. So halfway there ;) .

Thanks for the report! As a matter of fact I did test in only on issues already tagged! :blush:

Re:(New) Import Comic Info From ComicVine 7 years 10 months ago #5221

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
I updated the faq about scripting with info about the packaging format to easily install scripts.

Re:(New) Import Comic Info From ComicVine 7 years 10 months ago #5225

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Well, trying to use the comicvine script with v0.9.115 & ImportComicVineInfo0_8_2.zip update.

The problem is when I try to import comic info, I get a dialog box showing the thumbnail and that's it. It just keeps on standing there without updating the comic (net is working fine, older versions of the script worked fine with older versions of comicrack). It then hangs the entire program, and I have to kill it via Ctrl+Alt+Del

Please help..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re:(New) Import Comic Info From ComicVine 7 years 10 months ago #5227

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
ComicRack is now using IronPython 2.6. Maybe there are some incompatibilities.

You can also try to set the frame settings in ComicRack.ini (at the end) to false. Maybe that's the problem.

Re:(New) Import Comic Info From ComicVine 7 years 10 months ago #5228

cYo wrote:
ComicRack is now using IronPython 2.6. Maybe there are some incompatibilities.

You can also try to set the frame settings in ComicRack.ini (at the end) to false. Maybe that's the problem.

The script's been working fine for me post-.115. It's more likely there's a problem with one of the following:
-You specified a series name and used the delete key in the dialogue box(a known issue that causes the script to hang)
-You don't have an internet connection or comicvine is unreachable for some reason (should eventually unfreeze and end, but it does freeze for a while)
-There's an error in CV's database that's causing the script to screw up (for instance, any series that starts with Power Pack currently does this)

Can you copy the actual values in the following fields into a post here? Also make sure these are committed values (in other words, not in grey)
-Series
-Number

Re:(New) Import Comic Info From ComicVine 7 years 10 months ago #5235

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
DouglasBubbletrousers wrote:
-You specified a series name and used the delete key in the dialogue box(a known issue that causes the script to hang)
-You don't have an internet connection or comicvine is unreachable for some reason (should eventually unfreeze and end, but it does freeze for a while)
-There's an error in CV's database that's causing the script to screw up (for instance, any series that starts with Power Pack currently does this)

Ok.. I checked the above-mentioned points, and nothing is wrong with them.

I tried cYo's suggestion of setting the frame settings in ComicRack.ini (at the end) to false. That helped partially. Now, it doesn't hang, but downloads the covers for the comic and then closes without updating.

p.s. the comics I've tried include batman & robin, and daredevil. CV definitely won't error in these, would it ?
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re:(New) Import Comic Info From ComicVine 7 years 10 months ago #5236

• Krushr
  • Fresh Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
Now, it doesn't hang, but downloads the covers for the comic and then closes without updating.

I'm also having that problem.

Re:(New) Import Comic Info From ComicVine 7 years 10 months ago #5239

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
You guys are welcome to try the new branch of this script that I've been working on; some of the bugs you are experiencing may be fixed.

You do not have to uninstall perezmu's script in order to install mine--they can be installed at the same time, and will run just fine side by side.
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Who's Online

We have 351 guests and one member online