Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Comic Checkout script?

Comic Checkout script? 7 years 11 months ago #4769

• ryoga79
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
All,

The way my current reading environment is set up, i have all my comics on my media server, managed by a desktop installation of comicrack. Most of my reading, however, is done on my laptop, which views the comics from the shared library. This works great, as long as i'm around the house. However, i'd like to take the comics on the road, to read on my commute. Is there any way, via a script or program feature, to "check out" comics from the library? E.g. have the script copy the files from the server to the local drive, and then import me to comicrack?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Comic Checkout script? 7 years 11 months ago #4771

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
I tried to create a script that did that exact thing once. Copying a file to another location is easily done. However I couldn't find a way to add that new comic into the database and copy the data from the original comic to the copy.

I could post a script that would copy a comic to another location but then you would have to add that comic into the library manually.

However I just found a way to do what you want entirely in ComicRack. Right-click on the comic and select "Export eComics->Export eComics..." In the window that pops up, under "Export Location" set "Export To" to "Select a Folder". Choose the location where you want it to go. Also make sure that "Add newly created eComic to Library" is the only option checked.

You can set any other options and then click OK. It may take some time but eventually the new comic will appear in your library.

That way is not as convenient as a single script that does it all but it works...

Hope that helps :)
Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Stonepaw.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Who's Online

We have 220 guests and 2 members online