Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Find Gaps in series

Re:Find Gaps in series 7 years 8 months ago #6178

• DrZigloo
  • Fresh Boarder
WriteMissingIssuesToTextFile is a great help. One idea: Is it possible to show missing issues as "empty" thumbnails inside the library? Maybe it could show a red X icon instead of the cover thumbnail that would be there normally, if the book was present in the list. Just an idea. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Find Gaps in series 7 years 8 months ago #6181

• Knight Rider
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Exclude from results issues like 0, 0.5 and 0.75 it will be nice too. Adventures of Superman started in issue 424 and is a good example where the 00 issue causa a error.

A good idea it will be if the series in txt file re ordered by name and a break line before "Missing Numbers for:"
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Knight Rider.

Re:Find Gaps in series 7 years 8 months ago #6183

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
DrZigloo wrote:
WriteMissingIssuesToTextFile is a great help. One idea: Is it possible to show missing issues as "empty" thumbnails inside the library? Maybe it could show a red X icon instead of the cover thumbnail that would be there normally, if the book was present in the list. Just an idea. Thanks.
A good idea. Sadly I don't think that it is possible. :(

rgponce wrote:
Exclude from results issues like 0, 0.5 and 0.75 it will be nice too. Adventures of Superman started in issue 424 and is a good example where the 00 issue causa a error.
I'm pretty sure that decimal numbers are not counted as a result of how the script builds a list of issues that you have. I'm also pretty sure that 00 issues shouldn't cause a problem but please let me know if they do.
A good idea it will be if the series in txt file re ordered by name and a break line before "Missing Numbers for:"
Agreed. I will look into the sorting, but the new line is easy enough.

Re:Find Gaps in series 7 years 8 months ago #6195

• Knight Rider
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
All series that don't started in issue #1, has this problem. In example i quoted, Adventures of Superman, has missing issues 1, 2, 3, 4,..., 423

Re:Find Gaps in series 7 years 8 months ago #6197

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
Some kind of setting to only look between issues <x> and <y> would be nice.
I suppose you could have it prompt this for every series it hits as you do an entire library crawl but that would be a bit tedious, and I can't imagine how you'd script the GUI to do it beforehand. Maybe when you select entire library you get the option to exclude <series> or <series> between <x> and <y>?

Re:Find Gaps in series 7 years 7 months ago #6386

• Rincewind
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The script works fine for me, even if some of the crazy numbering scemes that particulary Marvel and DC have come up with trough the years means that for the list to be really usefull, it needs to be edited quite a bit before it is worth printing.
(Like the mentioned Adventures of Superman, also the big gap in Superman vol 1, Marvel have also recently jumped up their issue numbers the same way, and then you have Deadpool Team-Up, starting at 900 and counting down :laugh: )

With the exelent sorting and searching functions in ComicRack, what would really be cool would be if somebody wrote a script that could make reports from what is in the current workspace (preferably with a GUI like the Comicvine script, that would let us choose between different templates for reports, or at least choose what to include in the report).

Re:Find Gaps in series 7 years 2 months ago #10090

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
What a beautiful script, thanks for the work on these. Man, I love this place :cheer:

Re:Find Gaps in series 7 years 1 month ago #10338

• matrixik
  • Junior Boarder
Hello, can someone tell me how to edit this script to find missing volume instead of missing issue?

Cheers
I am what I am.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by matrixik.

Re:Find Gaps in series 7 years 1 month ago #10359

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
matrixik wrote:
Hello, can someone tell me how to edit this script to find missing volume instead of missing issue?

Cheers
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by find missing volumes. Could you expand on that?

Re:Find Gaps in series 7 years 1 month ago #10370

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I assume he means something that will look and say "Oh, you have books in Green Lantern vol. 2 and vol. 4...you're missing all of vol. 1 and vol. 3!"
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Who's Online

We have 292 guests and 6 members online