Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 7 months ago #7370

• mjp
  • Fresh Boarder
I've replied in the new thread. Thanks for your help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 7 months ago #7561

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
I know I'm a sucker by not creating an issue entry in google :)

Would it be possible to add an option to copy the volume information from the name to the Volume Tag and remove the "Vol. x" from the series name?

As I'm not using the V[Year] scheme, I'm finding myself doing the above steps manually over and over again.

Just a thought. The script is amazing as it is right now :)
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by cYo.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 7 months ago #7564

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I never allow the scraper to update series name or volume number for just that reason. It would be a nice feature.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 7 months ago #7571

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
cYo wrote:
I know I'm a sucker by not creating an issue entry in google :)
Not to worry, RevQuixo has already created one.

cYo wrote:
Would it be possible to add an option to copy the volume information from the name to the Volume Tag and remove the "Vol. x" from the series name?
Shinrai wrote:
I never allow the scraper to update series name or volume number for just that reason. It would be a nice feature.
I'm about to start working on this feature. It should be in the next release, which is a couple weeks away.

The problem right now is that it is summer where I live (Canada) and the sun stays out very late into the evening here. That means I'm not spending as many hours working on the scraper these days--it's just too hard to force myself to stay inside and write code when the nights are so warm and beautiful! :laugh:

But don't worry, I haven't stopped coding completely. And summer doesn't last very long in Canada; I'll be spending all my evenings writing code again by September.

cYo wrote:
Just a thought. The script is amazing as it is right now :)
Thanks, I'm very happy to hear that you like it! :blush: I am a big fan of Comic Rack, so it's really cool that I can contribute something to the project.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 7 months ago #7574

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 26
Please, please, (please?) make this feature optional. Having scraped 10s of thousands of comics and basically building my folder structure around V1961, V1989, etc, I would really be bummed if I couldn't retain old style volume naming.

Now on the flipside, in the old style way, I still would want to trim away the Vol 1. etc from the name of the file and leave the date as the volume.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 7 months ago #7575

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
RevQuixo wrote:
Please, please, (please?) make this feature optional. Having scraped 10s of thousands of comics and basically building my folder structure around V1961, V1989, etc, I would really be bummed if I couldn't retain old style volume naming.

Now on the flipside, in the old style way, I still would want to trim away the Vol 1. etc from the name of the file and leave the date as the volume.

There is no question that I will definitely make this feature optional (the old way will still be available.) So no worries there.

As for making it so that the old way strips the volume out of the title...that I need to think about more. Something like that might have to wait until I get around to breaking the configuration dialog up into a "simple" and "advanced" mode (I'm trying to strike a balance between flexibility/power vs. not overwhelming new users with a lot of options).

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 7 months ago #7710

• Johann
  • Junior Boarder
Is it just me, or is the Scraper not working anymore? I just get the Message that my Internet-Connection or Comicvine might be down, but none of these two things are true. Everything worked fine the whole weekend long, until yesterday evening it just stopped working. I hope there is a way to fix this issue.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Johann.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 7 months ago #7721

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Johann wrote:
Is it just me, or is the Scraper not working anymore? I just get the Message that my Internet-Connection or Comicvine might be down, but none of these two things are true. Everything worked fine the whole weekend long, until yesterday evening it just stopped working. I hope there is a way to fix this issue.

I was using the Scraper last night without any problems.

I'm at work now, so I can't easily try it out this morning. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Johann, has the problem resolved itself for you yet? It is entirely possible that they took the ComicVine api down for a few hours for maintenance or something.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 7 months ago #7722

• Johann
  • Junior Boarder
nope, still not working.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 7 months ago #7724

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Working like a charm here.... ;-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds

Who's Online

We have 261 guests and 4 members online