Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 5 months ago #7725

• Dr.RoXo
  • Senior Boarder
Johann wrote:
nope, still not working.

have you tried reinstalling the scraper?
I'd never belong to any club that would have someone like me as a member...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 5 months ago #7726

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
Johann wrote:
nope, still not working.
Are you on the latest version of the scraper (1.0.22) and comicrack (0.9.123)?

Any chance that a firewall (on your computer or network) or something like PeerGuardian is blocking your connection to parts of the internet?

Does clicking on this link give you an error page, or a page full of search results (in xml format?) This is the exact connection that the Scraper uses, and its currently working for me.

I posted a response here for someone else who was having issues, it basically contains a generic set of "things to try" that might help out. Maybe check those out when you have a chance? (The "debug log" stuff would be particularly helpful, I'm sure.)

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 5 months ago #7727

• Johann
  • Junior Boarder
so just reinstalled the script but still not working. I use the newest version of ComicRack and the newest Version of the Script. The website you linked works fine. Firewall-Settings are ok. Hmm, I had a little Malware-incident yesterday, perhaps this has something to do with the problems.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 5 months ago #7743

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Johann wrote:
so just reinstalled the script but still not working. I use the newest version of ComicRack and the newest Version of the Script. The website you linked works fine. Firewall-Settings are ok. Hmm, I had a little Malware-incident yesterday, perhaps this has something to do with the problems.

Any luck?

It's a bit of a pain to do (depending on how handy you are with Windows) but the "debug log" I mentioned earlier today would almost certainly shed some light on this issue.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 5 months ago #7744

• Johann
  • Junior Boarder
just had no time to have a deeper look into it. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with my OS. I have some more connectivity-problems with other applications, like the update from my Antivirus-Soft or Internet-Radio but I don't have a clue what it could be. Hopefully I will get to it in the evening after I had a nice little chat with our administrator-guys at work. Damn Malware, i thought after all the popups were gone, i were through with this. Anyway i will try the Debug-Log in the evening, not that i have many hopes that it will fix my problems...

Thanks for all the Help.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 4 months ago #7933

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
@ cbanack - Forgive me for being a pest, but might you be able to add Locations to your wonderful script in the near future? As cYo just added this I'd love to make use of it. Never met comic book metadata I didn't like :laugh: . Thanks in advance!
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 4 months ago #7936

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Alan Scott wrote:
@ cbanack - Forgive me for being a pest, but might you be able to add Locations to your wonderful script in the near future? As cYo just added this I'd love to make use of it. Never met comic book metadata I didn't like :laugh: . Thanks in advance!
Yup, Teams and Locations will definitely be in 1.0.23, which I am putting the finishing touches on right now. I hope to release it in the next few days. :)

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 4 months ago #7937

cbanack wrote:
Alan Scott wrote:
Yup, Teams and Locations will definitely be in 1.0.23, which I am putting the finishing touches on right now. I hope to release it in the next few days. :)

Just an FYI, I modded my version of the code to pull this (basically just copying the characters chunk) and it works in most cases. However, there are some cases where, while locations are present on CV, they don't get pulled in. Don't know if this is bad indexing or some other API glitch, but once Cory gets this in place, keep an eye out and maybe we can identify some specific cases for quashing.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 4 months ago #7939

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
just a question: The ComicVine site has nice user ratings for each comic. Can you get these with the API? Also user reviews?

Is there a way from the scrape id to the web page?

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 4 months ago #7940

cYo wrote:
just a question: The ComicVine site has nice user ratings for each comic. Can you get these with the API? Also user reviews?

Just feel like I need to jump in here with "you were probably already thinking about these but just in case..."

If we wanted to scrape these, we should have a seperate field for it so those of us that rate our own comics preserve our ratings :). Also, there are often multiple reviews, so if it is possible to get these, it would be great if we could have some way of handling each discretely.

Finally, an option in CR to not write review data (quite a large amount of text) to the .xml files would be nice (but the option to do it would be nice as well).

:)
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Who's Online

We have 229 guests and 8 members online