Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 8 months ago #5361

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
The way to rescrape the values now is two-fold:

1) Go into the GetInfo area for any book and on the Info tab clear out the tag (click the diamond, select the check tab and uncheck the tag)

2) Go to the parts & notes tab and clear out the tag reference in the notes area.

Save and then rescrape.

The only failing of this is that if old data is in the various fields in comicRack and the corrected scrape doesn't have a field populated (let's say the new scrape doesn't have a writer listed). Then the new scrape leaves behind the writer from the first scrape. This has already been listed as a future fix. Also a fix has been proposed to overwrite the stored tags and notes and rescrape without manually erasing the values.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 8 months ago #5363

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Great last update; everything is working fine now ! So, we are getting greedy ;)

Here is a feature request:

Can we have a "show/hide series cover" check-box just like the "show/hide issue cover" one ? :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 8 months ago #5364

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
Great last update; everything is working great now ! So, we are getting greedy ;)

Here is a feature request:

Can we have a "show/hide series cover" checckbox just like the "show/hide issue cover" one ? :unsure:

Isn't that the option labeled "Display SERIES covers thumbs (slower)"?
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by RevQuixo. Reason: typo

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 8 months ago #5365

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
Ha, wishing well :)

My toss is:
I would like to have one integrated GUI and not all the windows popping up :)

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 8 months ago #5366

• 600WPMPO
Well, if we select "Display SERIES covers thumbs (slower)", then the program has to download a lot of(and sometimes, huge number of)covers.

If a user is confused between only 2 series, or just wishes to confirm that the series being chosen is really the correct one.. then it would really help to have a check-box handy, wouldn't it ?

p.s. cYo, that would be a dream come true..!! But, seriously, its your dream that we all are sharing today.. viz. ComicRack.. Thanks!

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 8 months ago #5367

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
My turn:

I know this has been asked before, but I don't think it is one the current to-do list.

If Comicvine doesn't find a match on a name search, I would like instead of the script telling you that it can't find it that it prompts you to alter the name so it can search again..have this logic repeat until you hit skip.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 8 months ago #5368

• 600WPMPO
Maybe we all have to ask cbanack if we can have a wishlist tab on his googlecode page !

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 8 months ago #5369

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
Well, if we select "Display SERIES covers thumbs (slower)", then the program has to download a lot of(and sometimes, huge number of)covers.

If a user is confused between only 2 series, or just wishes to confirm that the series being chosen is really the correct one.. then it would really help to have a check-box handy, wouldn't it ?

p.s. cYo, that would be a dream come true..!! But, seriously, its your dream that we all are sharing today.. viz. ComicRack.. Thanks!

I'm confused. If you check off the display Series cover, the script only pulls in the first issue of each series. The display issues check box is the one that pulls in everything. This being the case, the script never really pulls in all that much.

Perhaps a better way to do this process is to scrap both the Display Series & Display Issues options altogether and change it to an option that is a "Cover match validation".

If you choose this option the script will run as normal, but before you accept the value for a particular issue you will be presented with a cover pulled from comicvine and can either choose to accept the match or cycle back and search again.
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by RevQuixo.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 8 months ago #5370

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 503
cYo wrote:
My toss is:
I would like to have one integrated GUI and not all the windows popping up :)

That's something I've thought about too. I have to spend some time refactoring the existing code first, though. And also, I need to learn about how to do forms/events/gui in .NET.
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by cbanack.

Re:ComicVineScraper - an ImportComicVineInfo clone 7 years 8 months ago #5371

• 600WPMPO
RevQuixo wrote:
Perhaps a better way to do this process is to scrap both the Display Series & Display Issues options altogether and change it to an option that is a "Cover match validation".

If you choose this option the script will run as normal, but before you accept the value for a particular issue you will be presented with a cover pulled from comicvine and can either choose to accept the match or cycle back and search again.

Yes, that would also do.. I agree. B)

However, the only issue with this is the word I have marked above in red in your quoted text... "issue". My emphasis is on "series".

See, individual issues of a series are no problem.. that has already been taken care of. It is an entire series I'm talking about. Sometimes downloading the first issue cover of each series is also time-consuming (add tagging gigs of comicbooks doesn't help either ;) ). So, I just uncheck the "Display SERIES covers thumbs (slower)" ckeckbox, and let it present me a list of series I can choose from. Now, as a final step, I wish to have a little checkbox to let the script confirm my selection by downloading only the first issue cover of the selected series.

That would be really helpful quickie when you have a lot of comics to tag and little time in your hand !

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Who's Online

We have 204 guests and 6 members online