Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Append tags to selected eComics

Append tags to selected eComics 9 years 9 months ago #676

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The purpose of this script is to append tags to all selected eComics while preserving any existing tags. In addition, duplicate tags will not be added.

The script prompts the user for the tags to add and makes sure to exclude existing tags in a non-case sensitive search. One assumption I made based on my own use of the tags field is that tags are comma-delimited. This way I can have a single tag for multiple word phrases.

For example, Batman Titles will not be considered a duplicate of Batman, Titles or vice-versa. However, Batman is considered a duplicate of BATMAN or batman.

To install, extract the contents of the attached file to your \ComicRack\Scripts folder. Restart ComicRack. Select one or more eComics and right click. Look for the entry labelled Append Tag... In the dialog, enter one or more comma-delimited tags you would like to add to ALL selected eComics. When the operation completes, a dialog box will pop up. Just click Ok or Cancel but note that you CANNOT undo the operation.

File Attachment:

File Name: AppendTag1_0.zip
File Size:7 KB
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Append tags to selected eComics 9 years 9 months ago #680

• Elianto
  • Fresh Boarder
I noticed that if I put new tags through this script any existing tag is removed (like the CBDB id inserted by your comicbookdb script). There is any way to append tags to existing ones?
Cristiano \"Elianto\" Cozzolino
http://mondialterei.wordpress.com

Re:Append tags to selected eComics 9 years 9 months ago #684

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
I specifically formulated the script to preserve existing tags. This works as described when I run the script on one or more selected eComics.

What tag are you adding and how are you entering it in the dialog?

Re:Append tags to selected eComics 9 years 9 months ago #685

• Elianto
  • Fresh Boarder
I just tried again on the same book and now it's working. I'm adding tags comma-delimited as you suggested in your first post. But now seems to work really ok (also tried with existing tags etc).... dunno why
Cristiano \"Elianto\" Cozzolino
http://mondialterei.wordpress.com

Re:Append tags to selected eComics 9 years 9 months ago #692

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Many thanks for this script.

In the following days I will try to upgrade it so it can read new tags from the filename...

Now, if only ComicRack could save the tags to the Comicinfo.xml file.... :(

Re:Append tags to selected eComics 9 years 9 months ago #728

• imsabbel3
  • Senior Boarder
Maybe i am missing something, but:
Its seems that i cannot search in tags.
Thats something that really bothers me with the "category" listbox in comicrack: If a series is Mystery, SciFi AND Crime, i would like it to show up if i search for any of those...

Re:Append tags to selected eComics 8 years 10 months ago #2591

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
The latest version of ComicRack allow lists to be made based on items in the Tag field.

Re:Append tags to selected eComics 8 years 10 months ago #2629

• fatony
  • Junior Boarder
But i think the problem is the behavior for tags you select multiple books. This goes for adding and deleting.

When multiple values are selected the information editor treats the tags and genres as a single string. If you want to add tags it simply overwrites the tag string. The same goes for deleting a single tag that multiple books share. Even if multiple books share the same tags the common tags are not shown so in the Information Editor.

Re:Append tags to selected eComics 8 years 10 months ago #2645

• wadegiles
  • Gold Boarder
Sounds like a candidate for a feature request post. Until the behavior desired concerning Tags in the filter is added, I think the options are:

For adding non-duplicate tags, your best option is the script I posted or one like it.

For searching and showing eComics with one of several tags, the smart lists are the way to go.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Who's Online

We have 222 guests and 8 members online