Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Move Files - Relocate eComics within ComicRack

Re: Move Files - Relocate eComics within ComicRack 4 years 4 months ago #35380

• the_grip
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry for my newbieness... I double-clicked, chose Apply and restarted ComicRack. I still don't see any icon to run this plugin.

Also, can this move an entire library or does it do file by file? I want to move my entire library from a C: folder to a D: folder.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Move Files - Relocate eComics within ComicRack 4 years 4 months ago #35381

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
the_grip wrote:
Sorry for my newbieness... I double-clicked, chose Apply and restarted ComicRack. I still don't see any icon to run this plugin.
Right-click on a comic & see in the automation menu:

the_grip wrote:
Also, can this move an entire library or does it do file by file? I want to move my entire library from a C: folder to a D: folder.
Use the in-built Search and Replace script on the filename within comicrack. It will re-point the database to your new location. You only have to search and replace the main folder as long as you don’t change the folder structure.

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_grip

Re: Move Files - Relocate eComics within ComicRack 2 years 10 months ago #41466

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 268
Something I just remembered to do. I had found out how to use the newer and better folder picker in Vista+ for LO (update pending, eventually, hopefully) so I quickly added it to the move files script. All credit still to wadegiles!

Warning: Use 1.5 only if you are using Windows Vista or better. I have no idea if it will work at all in XP.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Stonepaw.

Re: Move Files - Relocate eComics within ComicRack 2 years 10 months ago #41471

• Freakeao
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
600WPMPO wrote:
the_grip wrote:
Use the in-built Search and Replace script on the filename within comicrack. It will re-point the database to your new location. You only have to search and replace the main folder as long as you don’t change the folder structure.

So if I'm moving my whole library, or whole subdirectory trees at a time; should I move the directory in windows first and then do the search and replace? Should I have comicrack running before I move the directory?

Move Files - Relocate eComics within ComicRack 7 months 1 week ago #47262

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Still works great... only small problem I saw is that with a couple of stacks it moved the comics, but left them in the library... not a big deal because they could be manually removed from the library. Saved me a good bit of time. Thanks.

Move Files - Relocate eComics within ComicRack 6 months 4 weeks ago #47318

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
I changed my PC and all my drives have been remaped?

Could I use this scritp to "virtually" move files in my library from the original folder to a new one...?

I mean, simply use it to change the path information for books in my library without actually moving the files (since they are not in their origilnal path anymore, and are already in the destination path)

Thanks

Move Files - Relocate eComics within ComicRack 6 months 4 weeks ago #47320

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
It allows you to browse to a folder that you want as the destination, so it might work. Give it a shot, it's worth a try... it would probably save you a lot of time if it works.

I noticed that it does "tell" ComicRack what the new destination folder is... while this would probably help for your purposes, it causes a problem if you are wanting to move the comics to a new folder and not keep that folder in the library, because a rescan will not remove the books... you have to go in and delete them manually.

Move Files - Relocate eComics within ComicRack 6 months 3 weeks ago #47384

• rmagere
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Last time I completely changed my file location I was still using xml database rather than SQL.

My solution at the time was to open the xml in an editor (Notepad++, WinEdt, whichever) and then do a Search and Replace of the old directory for the new directory. E.g. "C:\Users\Me\Comics\Publisher\Etc" to "A:\Users\Me\Comics\Publisher\Etc" I would have done a search for C:\Users and replace with A:\Users

At that time I also chose as base directory A:\ so all comics are in A:\Publishers\Etc. Now whenever I move computer I just make sure to create a mapping to A: to wherever my comics really are and have never had any issues with file locations.

Move Files - Relocate eComics within ComicRack 6 months 3 weeks ago #47385

• boshuda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Drybonz wrote:
Still works great... only small problem I saw is that with a couple of stacks it moved the comics, but left them in the library... not a big deal because they could be manually removed from the library. Saved me a good bit of time. Thanks.
I've discovered this issue to be far less frequent if you wait for CR to stop doing any background tasks, particularly writing to files.

Move Files - Relocate eComics within ComicRack 6 months 3 weeks ago #47386

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
It actually seems like it's leaving them all in the library. As I was using it I started going back over the ones I had moved and they all remain in the library linked to the new folder. I had to stop using it because it was taking as much time to go back and manually remove the library entries.
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Who's Online

We have 235 guests and 5 members online