Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Remove scanner credits

Remove scanner credits 9 years 7 months ago #919

• dfuse
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
My first script, it's really, really simple but it solves (at least for me) a tiresome manual chore. It basically marks the first page as advertisement and the second page as the front cover. I use it for all those comics where the first page is the scanner credits. Enjoy

File Attachment:

File Name: RemoveScan...dits.zip
File Size:1 KB
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JudgeChief, MrDowntown, Dorin

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 7 months ago #985

• wash
  • Junior Boarder
Works great. Thanks!
Would it be possible to make a version that removes scanner credits when they are on the last page?

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 7 months ago #988

• dfuse
  • Senior Boarder
Sure, I don't have much time now but you could adjust a copied version of my script with the following I guess:
for book in books:
    if book.PageCount > 0:
      book.GetSafePage(book.PageCount-1).PageType = ComicPageType.Advertisment

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 6 months ago #1040

• imsabbel3
  • Senior Boarder
Hey thanks. Thats very useful!

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 5 months ago #1143

• dfuse
  • Senior Boarder
I've updated the script, it now runs through all pages until it finds a page that is not advertisement and makes that page advertisement and the next one the front cover. So you can now keep using the script on the same comic and it will always go one page further. I downloaded a bunch of comics with 2 pages of scanner credits instead of one so... :)

File Attachment:

File Name: RemoveScan...098d.zip
File Size:1 KB

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 4 months ago #1157

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
dfuse, thanks for an excellent bit of code! Really made that chore much easier. May I ask for a tip? I understand this may not be something you can answer but I was hoping you might have come to a situation like this, and worked out a solution. After running your script, whenever the eComic is loaded, the front cover and the front page are displayed in the window, rather than the front cover alone as in those eComics with no scan credits. Might you know how to adjust this? Thanks in advance for whatever help you offer.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 4 months ago #1167

• dfuse
  • Senior Boarder
I would like to help you but I don't quite understand the problem. What do you mean with front cover & front page? What's the difference? Do you mean the first page?

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 4 months ago #1169

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Oops, grammatical error there. Front cover, and first page. Page one. What happens is, the cover and the first page are shown side-by-side in a "two pages" layout, whereas normally, when no scan credit exists, only the cover is shown upon loading into the viewer.
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 4 months ago #1174

• dfuse
  • Senior Boarder
Haven't noticed that yet but I'll have a look at it when I have some time. It probably has something to do with the page type of the first pages, could you help me by checking which page type your cover and first page are?

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 4 months ago #1177

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
I just used the script to verify the results. Before execution, the scanner image is listed as the front cover, the true cover and beyond are listed as type story. After running the script, the credit is listed as advertisement, the cover as front cover and beyond that all else is story. I also noticed that the page numbers do not change; the advertisement is still page 1, the front cover still page 2. Might this be causing this?

One other item; I've noticed that when you load an issue for the first time after running the script that the advertisement still loads with it. I have to move forward a page or two then go back for it to no longer appear. Opening the issue from then on the scanner credit is hidden. I don't know if that helps but it does occur every time.

Thanks again!
Marty Pasko
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Who's Online

We have 179 guests and 7 members online