Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Remove scanner credits

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 5 months ago #1180

• dfuse
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
As I use the script myself quite a lot it is in my own interest to take a look at this. I don't have time right now however, maybe in the weekend but I can't promise anything. Or you could take a look at it yourself? ;) Even if you are not a programmer, you should be able to understand what it does, it is very simple. In any case, thanks for the more detailed information.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 5 months ago #1184

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I took a look, and it does look simple, but as I'm not a programmer I not sure what to do next. I think that what needs to happen is that the pages need to be renumbered, I've got the feeling that when ComicRack sees "page 1", it will display the page alone, but beyond that it puts all other pages together. I don't know how to do that in code however, nor am I sure if it can be done via ComicRack.

No need to promise anything though. I'm very happy with the script and it is my bad habit of saying, "yeah, but..." ;).
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Alan Scott.

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 5 months ago #1186

• robstandard
  • Junior Boarder
@dfuse: How are you detecting whether or not they're ads?

@Alan Scott: Are you saying there's two pages displayed as the cover?

Also, this may be stating the obvious, but I usually delete the images from the archive. i.e. open up WinRAR, open file, delete the image out of the CBR/CBZ. I also delete extraneous stuff at the end, if I feel extra-OCD. I imagine this is a bit time-consuming, but we should automate THAT, not just the flagging of an image as an ad. I don't use ComicRack exclusively (my comics are shared across my network to other devices/computers) but would like a script/feature that would delete certain images from CBZ files (not CBR because it's proprietary).

EDIT: Can anyone think of a way to detect whether or not an image is a scanner credit? Are the image files themselves usually named the same thing? I'll investigate.
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by robstandard.

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 5 months ago #1187

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
No, not both as the cover, but the cover is shown on the left and the first page is shown on the right of a two-page window setup.

I had been deleting the pages manually too, but this is much easier. I would agree that we should automate that but as you noted this is not possible with CBRs, and most of my files are in that format. I'm fine enough with this solution as a result, I just kinda miss the nice look of a front cover by itself in fullscreen :) .
... The failure to appreciate... is perfectly understandable, because the readership never evaluates old material in the context of the cultural climate in which it was created, or the state of the art at the time it was created.
Marty Pasko

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 5 months ago #1192

• dfuse
  • Senior Boarder
Deleting the pages is the best solution, true! It would be possible to write this as a script, on one condition, that you can access the filename from the comicbook instance that is passed in. I don't think it would be a problem to do this for cbr either, I'm sure there are libraries for .NET or Python to do this. One problem though: time :)

The way I detect whether a page is a scanner credit is very simple: I don't :) The script just assumes that the first page is a scanner credit because you are executing the script. If the 2nd page is also a scanner credit you can execute the script again and so on and so on. It does the job.

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 2 months ago #1847

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Bummer. I want to let dfuse know that the script is broken using .89, but he hasn't visited since July 7th. That would be a shame if he moved on, his script was valuable, to me anyways.
Marty Pasko

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 2 months ago #1849

• dfuse
  • Senior Boarder
I'm still using it myself, but I always wait for the bugfix release after a major release so I haven't noticed it yet ;) I'll look at it tomorrow!

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 2 months ago #1850

• dfuse
  • Senior Boarder
Btw, it's nice to hear someone is using it, thanks

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 2 months ago #1853

• Alan Scott
  • Gold Boarder
Oh, good to see you are indeed still around! I looked at your profile and assumed that you'd disappeared.

Definitely, this is one of my essential scripts. Since cYo made an update a couple versions ago that made any page marked Front Cover display alone, all I need is to run this and I don't even have to manually edit the eComics anymore. I really don't care if the credit is still there in the file, as I only interface through the ComicRack library anyway so for all intents and purposes I'll never see it again. One right click, one left click, done.
Marty Pasko

Re:Remove scanner credits 9 years 2 months ago #1857

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
As I rewrote the whole internal storage of page infos, changing ComicPageInfo properties does not work anymore.

You have to use the
ComicBook.SetPageType (page, type)

call.

I think this should fix it.
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by cYo.
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Who's Online

We have 118 guests and 6 members online