Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Remove scanner credits

Remove scanner credits 3 years 7 months ago #38894

• Liam Fearghail
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Folks
Just a thought as to identifying which pages are scanner credits and which are not.

Would be possible to have the script check the page resolutions and then delete, move, etc the pages which are the odd ones out?
For instance, in the attached screenshot all the pages are 1275 x 2040 except for the scanner credit which is 640 x 480.

It seems to be the case in all the comics I've looked in my collection that the scanner credit page(s) are the odd size out.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Remove scanner credits 6 months 1 week ago #47451

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I just tried the "move first page to end" script and it actually moved the first page to the second page spot. Anything I can do to get it to move the page to the end instead?

Remove scanner credits 6 months 1 week ago #47452

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
What probably happened was the page files themselves were named differently. The script does rely on the Pages having the standard P0001.jpg format.

It is advisable if using this script to first use Export to convert to CBZ even if they are already CBZ files. Then the files will be named in the standard manner.

In general if you want to correct the order after it is messed up it is easier to do so by dragging the pages around in the pages panel of info.

You may also find this thread interesting: remove scanner page at end of books
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by jkthemac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Drybonz

Remove scanner credits 6 months 1 week ago #47458

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks jkthemac... that does seem to be the solution... just run the export to cbz first and it looks like it works fine. Thanks again.

*edit* I looked at that link... is that the same version? Should the index of scripts be updated to point there?
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Drybonz.

Remove scanner credits 6 months 1 week ago #47463

• romsnesrom
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
jkthemac wrote:
What probably happened was the page files themselves were named differently. The script does rely on the Pages having the standard P0001.jpg format.

It is advisable if using this script to first use Export to convert to CBZ even if they are already CBZ files. Then the files will be named in the standard manner.

In general if you want to correct the order after it is messed up it is easier to do so by dragging the pages around in the pages panel of info.

I recommend a little caution here. A while ago I started converting my comics to CBZ to standardize the filenames, but it proved to be bad, especially for the older scans. The reason is that not all files use the same sorting system (Should sample20.jpg be before or after sample3.jpg?).
If the files are in their original form, it is easy to rename them, but not so much if they are all P0000x.jpg and incorrectly ordered.

To remove scanner tags (I leave credits in the filename) I made a (very crude) script that extracts the last page of every comic in the folder. I then look manually at all images and if they are all tags i run another command to delete the files inside the zips.

Remove scanner credits 6 months 1 week ago #47464

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Never had a problem with using standard numbering. My entire library uses it. I cant see how that would ever be a problem. If the files are in order, they are in order. If they are for some reason out of order than clearly that's an issue that needs sorting before you standardise but that is incredibly rare.

Remove scanner credits 6 months 1 week ago #47465

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Drybonz wrote:
*edit* I looked at that link... is that the same version? Should the index of scripts be updated to point there?

I think the initial link is the same, not sure. The discusson itself and the other scripts, Including my adaptations and the one for removing files starting with z are worth checking for an alternative. My own scripts I find useful in thumbnail view for working with dozens of files at the same time, rotating the pages of all of files and deleting those pages that I wish to.

Imagine you wanted to delete the last few pages from all the books from the same publisher. I keep clicking last to first on all of them until they are all on the last story page, rotate them all forward and then delete until the front cover returns. Then Export all at once. Very efficient for removing stock adverts common editorials etc.

Remove scanner credits 6 months 1 week ago #47467

• Drybonz
  • Gold Boarder
Yeah, I have exported my entire TB+ library, over time, to .cbz and haven't had any problems.
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Who's Online

We have 277 guests and 3 members online