Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: ComicBookXML

Re:ComicBookXML 8 years 8 months ago #3154

• unteins
  • Fresh Boarder
Interesting. It looks like I was about 90% of the way to implementing an SVG file through best guess work.

Converting to SVG appears to be just encoding to base64 and wrapping in a tiny bit of extra XML. Easier than the implementation I created. I know that Firefox currently supports SVG natively. Not sure how things work in IE or Safari, but then again, if the aim is cross platform, Firefox is a good target I suppose.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:ComicBookXML 8 years 8 months ago #3158

• unteins
  • Fresh Boarder
So, I played around with SVG as the image container and was able to hack together a new converter that makes a CBX file using SVG. The cool factor is, in Firefox, you can open the CBX file and view the comic. In Safari 4 (beta) you have to rename it to xml and you can open it and also view the images.

There isn't any formatting of the resulting pages, they can possibly come later on. For now, I am pretty happy with the current success. You can use the browsers zoom function to enlarge the images and make them more viewable.

If the files were served from a web server you could configure the files using proper MIME types to allow you to use gzipped cbx files (cbxz? possibly) and you would be able to possibly achieve file sizes very close to the original cbz.

I am attaching the file for anyone to try out. Usage is simple, just run the script passing a cbz file as input. Please post any suggestions you might have here.

File Attachment:

File Name: CBXConverter2.zip
File Size:2 KB
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by unteins.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Who's Online

We have 199 guests and one member online