Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Metadata Info Panel

Metadata Info Panel 7 years 1 month ago #9645

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
This script is just for fun, not very useful, but...

Description: Shows most of the available metadata of the selected ecomic

I always thought it would be nice to have all the metadata of the comic (most of it at last) available without invokint the info window... asked cYo for this, and in his best tradition of "Do not feed them, teach them how to fish instead", he gave us Info Panel!!!!

Installation/Usage: Open the crplugin file with Comicrack. For the basic html code included it is recomended to Dock the Info Panel to the Right

User's Mods: After installing the script, download the selected mod zip file and extract the file "ComicInfoPanel.html" in the script directory overwriting the original one.
Drybonz's - Vertical layout taking up much less width...

Customization/Contributions: No scripting needed!!!!!!

Also, since I know the looks of such a script is very particular, I made sure it would be "easy" for anyone to modify. The script takes a default html file (from the scripts directory) "ComicInfoPanel.html" looks for key words and substitutes them by the comic info data.

To create another template more to your liking, open the "ComicInfoPanel.html" file in your favourite html editor.

Just make sure to preserve all the words starting with $ (like $Series, $Volume, etc...) that are placeholders for your info. Also you need to preserve certain structures like "$Month/$Year" and "($AlternateSeries #$AlternateCount)", since these are the ones that are searched for and replaced by the real info by the script.

If you create new templates, please share them here and I will add them to the mods up here!

Cheers! :woohoo:

PS: More Info Panel fun coming soon! (if I ever get Javascript to run in the Infopanel... help anyone?????)

PS2: For a more complete script, with similar layout, be sure to check pescuma's Series Info Panel script.

NEW VERSION: 0.5 - Some fixes and Notes layout change!

NOTE: There will not be many more updates... Hopefully sensible requests will be addressed in the Series Info Plugin Request.
# Changelog:
# v0.5 - Cleaned up html using css
# - Changed 'Notes' field placement
# - Included newline in textual fields
# v0.4 - Corrected paths
# v0.3 - Removed all references to os module
# v0.2 - Added a local copy of os module

File Attachment:

File Name: Metadata_I...crplugin
File Size:16 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ComicInfoP...bonz.zip
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by perezmu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Metadata Info Panel 7 years 1 month ago #9646

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
congratulations.
this is amazingly cool :)

And some nitpicking: Maybe add some javascript resize code / css styles to make the best out of the available docking space.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by cYo.

Re: Metadata Info Panel 7 years 1 month ago #9647

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
cYo wrote:
And some nitpicking: Maybe add some javascript resize code / css styles to make the best out of the available docking space.

Agreed! I will work on this!

Re: Metadata Info Panel 7 years 1 month ago #9649

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
I put it on the front page. Something visual like this is always cool to hilite :)

Re: Metadata Info Panel 7 years 1 month ago #9650

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
cYo wrote:
I put it on the front page. Something visual like this is always cool to hilite :)

Thanks!!!!

Re: Metadata Info Panel 7 years 1 month ago #9651

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Yes.. the Grand-daddy of all developers comes back with a bang with one of the finest plugins in Cr history !! +1 karma right away.. B)

However, I am facing problems similar to what I initially had with pescuma's series info plugin. This is the error message that I get displayed in the info panel:

Please note that currently I am able to use pescuma's series info plugin v0.4 correctly. I feel some "minor" changes in the Metadata Info Panel are required.

It is a very good plugin, what a shame that I am not able to use it.. :(
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by 600WPMPO.

Re: Metadata Info Panel 7 years 1 month ago #9652

• pescuma
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
For me the problem was in the import os

Re: Metadata Info Panel 7 years 1 month ago #9653

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
I can confirm the same issue. :/

Re: Metadata Info Panel 7 years 1 month ago #9654

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
Added to the index.

However I have the same problem. :(

Re: Metadata Info Panel 7 years 1 month ago #9656

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
If this helps, this is the error I get on the first comic i use with the plugin:
IronPython.Runtime.Exceptions.ImportException: No module named os at IronPython.Modules.Builtin.__import__(CodeContext context, String name, Object globals, Object locals, Object fromlist, Int32 level) at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.FuncCallInstruction`7.Invoke(Object arg0, Object arg1, Object arg2, Object arg3, Object arg4, Object arg5) at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.CallInstruction.Invoke(Object[] args) at Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.Calls.MethodCandidate.Caller.Call(Object[] args, Boolean& shouldOptimize) at IronPython.Runtime.Types.BuiltinFunction.BuiltinFunctionCaller`5.Call4(CallSite site, CodeContext context, TFuncType func, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3) at IronPython.Runtime.Importer.Import(CodeContext context, String fullName, PythonTuple from, Int32 level) at IronPython.Runtime.Operations.PythonOps.ImportTop(CodeContext context, String fullName, Int32 level) at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.FuncCallInstruction`4.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run2[T0,T1,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1) at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.RunWorker(CodeContext ctx) at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.Run(Scope scope) at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.InvokeTarget(Scope scope) at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.Run(Scope scope) at Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit.Execute(Scope scope, ErrorSink errorSink) at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptSource.Execute(ScriptScope scope) at cYo.Projects.ComicRack.Plugins.PythonCommand.get_Scope() at cYo.Projects.ComicRack.Plugins.PythonCommand.OnInvoke(Object[] data) at cYo.Projects.ComicRack.Plugins.Command.Invoke(Object[] data, Boolean catchErrors) at cYo.Projects.ComicRack.Viewer.ScriptUtility.<>c__DisplayClassf.b__d(ComicBook[] b)
Then all the following comics give this error same as in the screenshot in my post above):
System.MissingMemberException: 'ScopeStorage' object has no attribute 'MetadataInfoPanel' at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object ) at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute1[T0,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0) at Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.DynamicOperations.GetMember[T](Object obj, String name, Boolean ignoreCase) at Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.DynamicOperations.GetMember[T](Object obj, String name) at Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.LanguageContext.ScopeGetVariable[T](Scope scope, String name) at IronPython.Runtime.PythonContext.ScopeGetVariable[T](Scope scope, String name) at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptScope.GetVariable[T](String name) at cYo.Projects.ComicRack.Plugins.PythonCommand.<.cctor>b__b(ScriptScope s, String n) at cYo.Projects.ComicRack.Plugins.PythonCommand.OnInvoke(Object[] data) at cYo.Projects.ComicRack.Plugins.Command.Invoke(Object[] data, Boolean catchErrors) at cYo.Projects.ComicRack.Viewer.ScriptUtility.<>c__DisplayClassf.b__d(ComicBook[] b)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Who's Online

We have 251 guests and 4 members online