Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack
  • Page:

TOPIC: CoverFlow in Info Panel [Proof of Concept]

CoverFlow in Info Panel [Proof of Concept] 7 years 3 months ago #9881

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
UPDATED 0.3 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: - Now you can open files from the Coverflow!!!!!!

This script is not USELESS anymore and is presented with the intention of showing what the Info Panel is capable of!!!!!!

My idea is to tease someone to make a really functional script based on this idea, since at the time it is beyond my capabilities: it would be great to mix this with the series & issues infopanel scripts

This script is made by copy/paste from code freely available on the internet, I do not completely understand what is going on to the extent of modifying and implementing new features

Usage:
Install. Select a buch of comics (it is VERY slow, I recomend selectin series of about 10-20 issues). Enjoy!

You can scroll using mouse wheel and 'left'/'right' keys after setting focus in the Info Panel!!!!!!.

Limitations:
NOT absolutely useless anymore. Clicking a cover now opens the comic!!!!!

Slow. It needs to make temporary copies (scaled down) of the covers of all selected comics.

Discussion: The reason for this is the same as above, since interaction with comicrack is not possible to get the covers directly from ComicRack objets. It might be possible to improve the script to create cover copies as needed, instead of all in the beginning.
No perspective. The images are not distorted by perspective, they are simply cropped. They are not resized either.

Discssuion: This is a limitation of the coverflow java code I canibalized to do this: rwmCoverflow. There are another ones out there but I did not manage to make them work in the infopanel.

Notes for coders:

This is based in pure Javascript. The best free codes I found out there were the one used, rwmCoverflow, and Imageflow, which looked nicer but I could not adapt.

This could have been improved using Flash or Silverlight, there are great apps available out there, but neither of them run on 64bits IE... so I cannot use them myself!

TO-DO:
  • Now that IE9 is out and supports CANVAS and that there is a beta version of Flash for 64 bits, I will try and use a better coverflow engine using any of those technologies
  • I'd love to integrate Series infopanel & comic infopanel with this for a three views new look to work with CR!!!!

Cheers!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
Attachments:
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by perezmu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CoverFlow in Info Panel [Proof of Concept] 7 years 3 months ago #9882

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Well, it looks promising !

er.. where is the script..?
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: CoverFlow in Info Panel [Proof of Concept] 7 years 3 months ago #9883

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
Well, it looks promising !

er.. where is the script..?

Look again!!!!! :blush:

Re: CoverFlow in Info Panel [Proof of Concept] 7 years 3 months ago #9890

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
I did not check out your script, but about feeding actions back to ComicRack.
I look into giving the javascript a scriptable object (open, etc.)
I think a script like this will be faster with the upcoming GetThumbnail() script command.

And I never thought that one of the first pane scripts would be a cover flow implementation.

Re: CoverFlow in Info Panel [Proof of Concept] 7 years 3 months ago #9893

• 600WPMPO
Well, i tried it.. and the trademark error is back ;-)
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\600wpmpo\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\CoverFlow Info Panel\temp_covers\'. at Microsoft.Scripting.Actions.Calls.MethodCandidate.Caller.CallWithInstance(Object[] args, Boolean& shouldOptimize) at IronPython.Runtime.Types.BuiltinFunction.BuiltinMethodCaller`2.Call1(CallSite site, CodeContext context, TFuncType func, T0 arg0) at CoverFlowInfoPanel$35(Closure , PythonFunction , Object ) at _Scripting_(Object[] , ComicBook[] ) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args) at cYo.Projects.ComicRack.Plugins.PythonCommand.OnInvoke(Object[] data) at cYo.Projects.ComicRack.Plugins.Command.Invoke(Object[] data, Boolean catchErrors) at cYo.Projects.ComicRack.Viewer.ScriptUtility.<>c__DisplayClassf.b__d(ComicBook[] b)

Re: CoverFlow in Info Panel [Proof of Concept] 7 years 3 months ago #9897

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
Well, i tried it.. and the trademark error is back ;-)

This is what you get for always being first :P !!!!

File Attachment:

File Name: CoverFlow_...crplugin
File Size:8 KB

Re: CoverFlow in Info Panel [Proof of Concept] 7 years 3 months ago #9907

• 600WPMPO
Sweet !!

Re: CoverFlow in Info Panel [Proof of Concept] 7 years 3 months ago #9908

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
Sweet !!
:laugh:

Re:CoverFlow in Info Panel [Proof of Concept] 7 years 3 months ago #9915

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
This is pretty neat, and actually quite useful for skimming through a title for a particular issue or cover art. A nice enhancement would be the ability to open a comic by double-clicking.

Good work!

Re:CoverFlow in Info Panel [Proof of Concept] 7 years 3 months ago #9916

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad you liked it... I am afraid I cannot escape the coding frenzyness and will slowly try to improve it...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds

Who's Online

We have 213 guests and one member online