Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: Script Idea: Fill in missing issues

Script Idea: Fill in missing issues 7 years 1 month ago #9884

Ok, since we now have a way to generate fileless entries and we can pull information and thumbnails from ComicVine, what do people think of the feasibility of scanning CV and finding all missing issues from a series and generating a fileless entry for each? This way we have an entry for what we're missing in CR that we can manage rather than just a text output of what issues are missing.

Not sure if we can "silently" add fileless entries via a script yet. Also, we may need to bug cYo for a visual way to sort fileless entries vs actual entries (icon on top of the thumbnail? black-and-white thumbnail?).

What do you think, sirs?
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by DouglasBubbletrousers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Script Idea: Fill in missing issues 7 years 1 month ago #9885

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
DouglasBubbletrousers wrote:
Ok, since we now have a way to generate fileless entries and we can pull information and thumbnails from ComicVine, what do people think of the feasibility of scanning CV and finding all missing issues from a series and generating a fileless entry for each? This way we have an entry for what we're missing in CR that we can manage rather than just a text output of what issues are missing.

Not sure if we can "silently" add fileless entries via a script yet. Also, we may need to bug cYo for a visual way to sort fileless entries vs actual entries (icon on top of the thumbnail? black-and-white thumbnail?).

What do you think, sirs?

I think this is completely feasible at this point. I also requested cYo somewhere else for an overlay to fileless thumbs...

Now, if we could automagically identify duplicate comics with and without file and remove the fileless ones... (we still need a powerful script for dupes!)

Re:Script Idea: Fill in missing issues 7 years 1 month ago #9886

perezmu wrote:
I think this is completely feasible at this point. I also requested cYo somewhere else for an overlay to fileless thumbs...

Now, if we could automagically identify duplicate comics with and without file and remove the fileless ones... (we still need a powerful script for dupes!)

Hmm... do we have an attribute on the book to denote fileless or not (may just FileName=="")? If so, for each new book we just need to search through the entire library, see if the book matches on Series/Volume OR Year/Publisher (to be safe). If it finds a book, set the filename equal to the new book. The conversion may or may not exist for fileless->filed books.

Re:Script Idea: Fill in missing issues 7 years 1 month ago #9889

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
indeed, fileless comics have "FilePath" set to ""
I also think about making the duplicate finder a little smarter
some visual clue for fileess would be nice, yes.
Also a fileless/file grouper would be nice.
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds

Who's Online

We have 178 guests and 6 members online