Welcome, Guest
Python Scripts for ComicRack

TOPIC: [Script Request] Ideas for scripts

[Script Request] Ideas for scripts 7 years 1 month ago #9904

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Well, I have my hands full now with what I am working on... so I thought I'd share with you guys what inmo the next greatest scripts for comicrack would be, if anyone is interested in making a good service to the community...

So, these would be my requests...

Cheers :woohoo:
Move pages among ecomics
So, you have two ecomics, one is the original, the other is just the alt-cover... How about an Info Panel script that when you choose two ecomics shows all pages in those ecomics and lets you drag and drop (both, copying and moving) pages from one to another, and lets you choose if you want to save both modified comics, just one, or delete one of them?
Duplicate handler & killer
So, you have 5 or 6 duplicates of the same comic. It would be great to have a script that lets you automatically kill duplicates, leaving only one. Which one? Aha! How about a series of criteria that can be sorted like:
- Scanner preference
- c2c or noads preference
- number of pages (for alt covers)
- file size

After applying these criteria in the desired order, only one can survive! If more than one does, how about an Info Panel showing pages from the remaining ones and letting you choose the one to keep with a simple click!?!?!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: [Script Request] Ideas for scripts 7 years 1 month ago #9905

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
I see someone on a creative rampage here :)

But in earnest, maybe someone can create a list of API methods (wishlist) ComicRack should provide for all these great ideas. So I can implement all the stuff in one step.

Re: [Script Request] Ideas for scripts 7 years 1 month ago #9906

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
cYo wrote:
I see someone on a creative rampage here :)
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Re:[Script Request] Ideas for scripts 7 years 1 month ago #9911

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
perezmu wrote:
Move pages among ecomics
So, you have two ecomics, one is the original, the other is just the alt-cover... How about an Info Panel script that when you choose two ecomics shows all pages in those ecomics and lets you drag and drop (both, copying and moving) pages from one to another, and lets you choose if you want to save both modified comics, just one, or delete one of them?
This will take 10 years ! :P

It has been sooooooo long that we are wishing for basic zip file manager-like features so that we can add pages (from the PC) to an eComic (in the library). Similarly, we can currently mark a page as "deleted", (and then export as cbz to really delete the page), but that's not a real "delete page" function.. right ?

Please note that while I say this, I respect & am fully aware of the limitations of both the human (i.e. cYo, if you still consider him a human, and not a god :P ), and the machine (software-related). Let us see if we can overcome these limitaions..
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Who's Online

We have 218 guests and 10 members online