Welcome, Guest
Language Packs for ComicRack

TOPIC: Comic Vine Scraper Language Packs

Comic Vine Scraper Language Packs 6 years 7 months ago #13429

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 508
Hi guys,

Starting with version 1.0.39, the Comic Vine Scraper script supports language localization. That means you can create language packs for Comic Vine Scraper exactly the same way that you do for ComicRack (using cYo's Localizer tool.)

The amount of text that needs to be translated for Comic Vine Scraper is very small compared to ComicRack--so I think this could be an easy, short project for anyone who already does ComicRack language packs.

Also, did I mention that your help would be greatly appreciated?!?

Still interested? Great! Here's what you need to do:

1. Download and try out Comic Vine Scraper. I suppose you don't need to know how the scraper works, but if you're going to try to translate it into another language, you should probably use it once or twice first. :)

2. Get a copy of cYo's Localizer tool here.

3. Get a copy of the latest english (or other) language pack for Comic Vine Scraper. You can always find the latest language packs at the links below: 4. Unzip en.zip (or other) and use Localizer to create your own new language pack (de.zip, fr.zip, etc.) Instructions for how to do this are here, but I suspect many of you have already done this before. There's also a nice step by step guide here.

5. Post your new language pack in this thread, so I can download it and include it in a new version of Comic Vine Scraper. Don't forget to tell me your name (or preferred nickname) so I can give you credit for your work on the Comic Vine Scraper website.

Here's a couple of other things to keep in mind:

1. Comic Vine Scraper can only use languages that are supported by ComicRack, so please check to make sure that ComicRack already works with your language before you start making a language pack!

2. If you want to test out your translations before you send them to me, it's quite easy. Just copy your new language pack into the Comic Vine Scraper script folder on your computer (the same directory where you can find en.zip). On my computer, the script folder is located at:
C:\Users\cbanack\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Comic Vine Scraper
Once you've copied the new language pack into the script directory, just restart ComicRack (using the language you are translating) and you should see your changes in Comic Vine Scraper.

Good luck, and thanks in advance to anyone who helps out with this. :cheer:
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by cbanack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper Language Packs 6 years 7 months ago #13438

• Der Internet
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
yep, i could do the german translation... ill give it a try tomorrow. its the least i could do to contribute to this project :)

Re: Comic Vine Scraper Language Packs 6 years 7 months ago #13447

• {Oo}
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 41
Finally! I suggested this a few months back, glad to see it wasn't forgotten! :laugh:

I'll do the FR version tonight or tomorrow, depending of the amount of work I have.

Thx for the extra work u just provided me cbanack. :P
Working on re-uploading the FR manuals.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper Language Packs 6 years 7 months ago #13474

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys!

(Yes, your feature request was not forgotten, {Oo}!)

Re: Comic Vine Scraper Language Packs 6 years 7 months ago #13506

• Der Internet
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
german pack is done and tested, will do some improves tomorrow (it 3:30 now :D). Also i have to ask cYo some questions regarding a few translations... (i had prefer the du-version but CR is in Sie-Form so i sticked to that)

And here's the link:
ge.tt/3cfEJ25?c
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Der Internet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbanack

Re: Comic Vine Scraper Language Packs = nl-BE 6 years 6 months ago #13622

• Ludwig
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Doesn't seem to recognize nl-BE.zip?

I know we don't have a government yet but rubbing it in like that.. ;)

You can use it as 'nl.zip'

Because CV is down only did a test offline.

Found a minor problem.
Look at Behavior / Data = 2 fields are to short for the translation.

Can you fix that?
If not i'll have to be very creative with my language (i'm already looking for that old steno writing manual)

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbanack

Re: Comic Vine Scraper Language Packs = nl-BE 6 years 6 months ago #13623

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
I look into the nl-be issue. Basically ComicRack does the heavy lifting here so if it's not working it is my fault :)

Re: Comic Vine Scraper Language Packs = nl-BE 6 years 6 months ago #13626

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
@Ludwig: Thank you very much for the Dutch/Belgian translation; it looks great! :cheer: (+1 karma)

I'll add it into the Schraper v1.0.40, which will be released this weekend. ;) And I'll also make the fields in Behaviour/Data larger so those two lines fit properly (this will probably help other translators too.)

@cYo: "nl.zip" is working, so I'll use that filename for now. When you fix things in ComicRack so that nl-BE works too, I'll change it back to "nl-BE.zip".
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by cbanack.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper Language Packs 6 years 6 months ago #13628

• cbanack
  • Platinum Boarder
@Der Internet: Thanks for the German translation! It looks great...I didn't even notice your link until just this morning. :lol: (+1 karma for you, in a few hours when I can give out another karma.)

Your translation pack will be in CVS version 1.0.40.

Re: Comic Vine Scraper Language Packs = nl-BE 6 years 6 months ago #13630

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 676
If everything goes fine, ComicRack 0.9.140 (note how we manage to synchronize our version numbers :)) will be out tomorrow.

Also while debugging the nl-be issue (a merge bug in my localization library), I noted that you should also have a comic-vine-scraper.xml file (file name comes from the command key) in the package. This is the file where ComicRack expects the translations for the command name/description (the lookups are key=Name and key=Description).

UPDATE: I also noted that your missing the Description key in the command hook (would add a nice tooltip and description in the plugin list).
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by cYo.
Moderators: {Oo}
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds

Who's Online

We have 242 guests and 9 members online