Welcome, Guest
A place to meet other Developers

TOPIC: ComicRack Web Viewer 0.4.2

Re: ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 7 months ago #21774

• Wired
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
When you make the website a shortcut on your iOS desktop, it has a unique icon which presumably you can specify somehow.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 6 months ago #21981

• jp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I'd like to thank everyone for their work on this item. I was just playing around with it to see what all it could do and I was able to get it to work externally so my brother has access to my collection on his HP Touchpad while at school. He is very pleased and so am I as I can also access it on my Transformer from work. I have a good portion of my collection synced to my Transformer via ComicRack for Android but this gives me access to the rest of my collection. It's very nice.

Re: ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 6 months ago #21982

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
jp wrote:
I'd like to thank everyone for their work on this item. I was just playing around with it to see what all it could do and I was able to get it to work externally so my brother has access to my collection on his HP Touchpad while at school. He is very pleased and so am I as I can also access it on my Transformer from work. I have a good portion of my collection synced to my Transformer via ComicRack for Android but this gives me access to the rest of my collection. It's very nice.

I agree. We have kind of focus on the ipad here, but I think that having remote access to the whole library from any device is a great plus!

I hope starting Saturday I can play a little more with the html and bring in new things!

Re: ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 6 months ago #21993

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Okay, i give..how go we get this work with remote access (as opposed to local ip addresses)?

not that i'm going to read comics while at work..but having the ability....

Re: ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 6 months ago #21994

• jp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
RevQuixo wrote:
Okay, i give..how go we get this work with remote access (as opposed to local ip addresses)?

not that i'm going to read comics while at work..but having the ability....

Well there would be two ways of doing it, at least that I've tested and work. I have an external fully qualified domain name that points to my network. I input that into the bind address, like foo.com, and I'm able to access it outside. Now you'll be able to access it inside using that address as well if you have your own internally managed DNS or if your router can do hairpin turns. The other way is exactly the same except instead of using a fully qualified domain name, you use your external IP address. Standard firewall exceptions would need to be made for whatever port you are using for the webpage.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by jp.

Re: ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 6 months ago #22316

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
Bump for an updated version of this script now that autostart script feature is implemented in the new version of ComicRack.

Re: ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 6 months ago #22317

• Neep
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
RevQuixo wrote:
Bump for an updated version of this script now that autostart script feature is implemented in the new version of ComicRack.

I will do a quick refresh last tomorrow with an autostart in the latest version. Unfortunately, the script is still tightly bound to the comic rack version. Stick to 0.9.153 to keep it working til I update and figure a way around it.

Re: ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 6 months ago #22332

• Neep
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
RevQuixo wrote:

bitbucket.org/adamhathcock/comicrackweb/downloads

0.3.3 is put up:
Added support for 0.9.154
Added script hook for auto startup. You have to go to your scripts in preferences and manually enable the startup hook for this to work (using your existing saved config). Everything else should be as normal.

Re: ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 6 months ago #22471

• rasta321
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
thanks for a great plugin...too nice.

is there currently a way to set a password for this plugin specifically if you have enabled access from a remote ip? (opened and forwarded necessary ports)

Re: ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 4 months ago #23136

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
I couple of questions..

Is this going to be updated for .155? I haven't upgraded since i thought this was version locked.

The icon for the homescreen seems to no longer work, can this be looked at?

When looking for Series that have two published volume years ie: Defenders (2005) and Defenders (2012) it seems the viewer only shows the earlier series. I have noticed this numerous times with numerous series. (like almost all of the New 52 series are missing because only the original series show-up).
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by RevQuixo.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Who's Online

We have 237 guests and 4 members online