Welcome, Guest
A place to meet other Developers

TOPIC: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 4 years 6 months ago #32640

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Swehtrcat wrote:
Hey there - new here but I'm trying to figure out where do I go to setup an external IP with Badaap? I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere lol

Hi

BCR binds to all local ip addresses. If your external IP is not an IP address of your PC, because it is for instance the IP of your internet router/cablemodem, then the NAT/router/Port forwarding functionality of the router should handle the transalation between internal and external addresses.

I do not intend to change this behaviour, I've never had problems with this and I don't find it the responsibility of BCR to solve ip routing problems.

You may also have to check your Firewall settings and add a rule to allow external access to BCR.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by jeroenwalter. Reason: firewall
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swehtrcat

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 4 years 5 months ago #32666

• Swehtrcat
  • Fresh Boarder
It's okay - I figured the issue which was port forwarding :)

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 4 years 5 months ago #33722

• Elaeri
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey there! First of all, still loving this app. <3 You've done such an amazing job with this.

That being said, I have such very slow page turns in recent versions. Is there any tweak I can do on my end to speed things up? I'd be willing to give up a bit of quality as I use it primarily on my ipad mini.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 4 years 5 months ago #33723

• lg5
  • Junior Boarder
I've both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 running on my Win7 Home Premium, but I get an exception error every time I try to run the plugin. How I can generate a error log to send?

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 4 years 5 months ago #33747

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
lg5 wrote:
I've both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 running on my Win7 Home Premium, but I get an exception error every time I try to run the plugin. How I can generate a error log to send?

If you're trying to use the plugin with the latest CR, it won't work, as I have to recompile the plugin with each release of CR.
I'll do that this weekend.

For as far as logging is concerned, I don't have special logging capabilities built-in and I'm unfamiliar with the logging of CR itself. So we're out of luck there.
If you got a messagebox with an exception trace, then you can copy/paste it to a private message to me. I'll see what I can do then.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 4 years 5 months ago #33748

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
Elaeri wrote:
Hey there! First of all, still loving this app. <3 You've done such an amazing job with this.

That being said, I have such very slow page turns in recent versions. Is there any tweak I can do on my end to speed things up? I'd be willing to give up a bit of quality as I use it primarily on my ipad mini.

My experience is that page turns are slow mostly because I read HD comics, so it takes a second or 2-3 to load the image over wifi. I can't do anything about that. I can, however, try to load the next image while you're reading the current one. I had that in previous versions, but it didn't work as intended, so I disabled that. I'll take a look at that to see if I can solve the issues I had with it.
Furthermore I noticed that displaying the image, after it was loaded, also took a lot of time. I've no idea how I can fix that, so ideas are welcome.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 4 years 5 months ago #33750

• faethon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Just trying out this script. I noticed it doesn't work with the latest (.169) version of CRW. :)
I tried changing the version in the version check code of the program.py script, but that did throw an error.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by faethon.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 4 years 5 months ago #33753

• wojosama
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
faethon wrote:
Just trying out this script. I noticed it doesn't work with the latest (.169) version of CRW.
I tried changing the version in the version check code of the program.py script, but that did throw an error.

He addressed it 2 posts before you posted this.
jeroenwalter wrote:
If you're trying to use the plugin with the latest CR, it won't work, as I have to recompile the plugin with each release of CR.
I'll do that this weekend.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 4 years 4 months ago #33976

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
Updated for CR 0.9.169, no other changes, due to lack of time :(

BadaapWebViewer_1.22.crplugin

Enjoy :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oen386, wojosama

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 4 years 4 months ago #34196

• Oen386
  • Fresh Boarder
Any update on Surface RT (or IE 10 in general) support? :)
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Who's Online

We have 240 guests and 3 members online