Welcome, Guest
A place to meet other Developers

TOPIC: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 4 years 2 months ago #37720

• Methanoid
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there any way to forward this through Apache's ProxyPass?

I tried forwarding the http://127.0.0.1:8080/ to a location called /comicrack, but when it forwards to /tablet/index.html

I then tried forwarding :8080/tablet to /tablet, but then the call to ./auth fails, because auth is in the root and tablet isn't.

If it cannot be forwarded, is there a way to move the auth listener into the tablet directory? Or set a urlbase of some kind?

Or can login be disabled at all?
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Methanoid.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 4 years 2 months ago #37721

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
I've never used ProxyPass before, so I just tested it on my server.
You need to rebase 3 folders: /auth, /tablet and /BCR (case-sensitive!!)

My setup is, with the plugin running on port 88:
<IfModule proxy_module>
	ProxyPass /auth http://127.0.0.1:88/auth
	ProxyPass /tablet http://127.0.0.1:88/tablet
	ProxyPass /BCR http://127.0.0.1:88/BCR
</IfModule>

Hope this helps :)

PS: I just modified the code to use the same base /tablet for all requests, so next version will have that. 1 ProxyPass line will suffice then.
PPS: /tablet url base will be configurable in next release, I've already committed the code.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by jeroenwalter.

Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 3 years 8 months ago #39384

• elfman
  • Fresh Boarder
So just wanted to chime in on this thread. Got this working today after much work. I too was running Windows Server 2008 R2. Had to force ComicRack to run in 32 bit to get it to work. So far so good and have it running externally just fine.

Running a Surface RT with built in IE (I know) and no access to another browser on the tablet and it seems to get stuck on the Badaap splash screen and never resolves to the comics. Everything works fine through normal browsers (Chrome) on PC's though the touch interface is a little awkward with a mouse(like zooms, , panoramic screen, etc :) Which leads me to my next point...

Was the plain web viewer removed? Everything seems to default to the /tablet/ directory. If I try and go up a level on the same port, I am redirected to the /tablet/ directory.

Would love to see this plugin continue development and thanks so much for the great work to this point! Happy to test out any new versions you may have!

Thanks again!

Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 3 years 8 months ago #39396

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
Hi

The plugin is not meant to be used on a desktop PC, so yes, the controls can be awkward.
The plain web viewer was removed a long time ago in version 1.20.
And support for IE and Surface RT was untested and, as I don't have a Surface RT, I can't test it.

As for continuation, I'd like to continue this plugin, however, I have some other interests that have a higher priority at the moment and my free time is already limited enough :(

Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 3 years 5 months ago #40441

• luke_70it
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Can you please add support for latest comicrack release?

Thank you for this wonderful plugin!

Luca

Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 3 years 5 months ago #40448

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
luke_70it wrote:
Can you please add support for latest comicrack release?

Thank you for this wonderful plugin!

Luca

I intend to, however CR crashes whenever I start it.
I'm still investigating it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luke_70it

Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 3 years 5 months ago #40461

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
Joy, done, get it here BCR 1.28 B)

Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 3 years 5 months ago #40462

• elfman
  • Fresh Boarder
May have run the wrong install order. Accidentally installed the plug-in before upgrading ComicRack. I then updated ComicRack, then re-installed the plug-in.

Now getting "Freeimage.dll seems to be missing. Aborting."

Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 3 years 5 months ago #40463

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
elfman wrote:
May have run the wrong install order. Accidentally installed the plug-in before upgrading ComicRack. I then updated ComicRack, then re-installed the plug-in.

Now getting "Freeimage.dll seems to be missing. Aborting."

Uninstall the plugin (instead of update), restart comicrack, then install it again.

If that doesn't fix it, go to the plugins folder (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Badaap Comic Reader) and copy the FreeImage.32bit.dll or FreeImage.64bit.dll to FreeImage.dll, depending on if you have a 64bit or 32bit windows installation.
Same goes for the SQLite.Interop.dll

Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 3 years 5 months ago #40464

• elfman
  • Fresh Boarder
No joy. Tried both methods.

Started with the uninstall, restarted. Re-installed, restarted. Click button = Freeimage missing error

Then went to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\cYo\ComicRack\Scripts\Badaap Comic Reader. In there I have FreeImage.dll and based on the file size, it looks to be the 64 bit version since it matches the FreeImage.64bit.dll file size. Exited CBR, made a copy of FreeImage.64bit.dll. Renamed it FreeImage.dll. Started CBR. Click button = FreeImage error.

(I am running 64 bit BTW, Windows Server 2008 R2)

Tried the same with the 32-bit just for giggles. Same error Freeimage Error. Interesting thing is that it seems to have undone the 32 bit copy and re-copied the 64 bit version (which makes sense). Just not sure why it isn't finding/registering this dll.

Next, I'll try a complete uninstall of CBR and try it again.

Thanks for the app/work and your help!
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Who's Online

We have 250 guests and 4 members online