Welcome, Guest
A place to meet other Developers

TOPIC: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 1 month ago #25324

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
wraslor wrote:
I'm getting this error when trying to run the script.

www.box.com/s/2d7f997b133e7ab01d41

I should note that it worked fine for a day then started throwing this suddenly. Running latest comic rack version.

I'll look into it, something goes wrong when reading the settings file.
You may try to run ComicRack as administrator, but I don't know if that will help.

Normally I would advise you to remove the settings file, so it can be generated again, but the original settings file of the plugin is stored in a very difficult place to access.
You can try to look for the file 'settings.txt' in a folder 'ComicRackWebViewer' in own of your user profile folders.

I plan to integrate this settings.txt with my own settings.xml, which is better accessible. Maybe tomorrow.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 1 month ago #25325

• Wedge
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
awesome plugin.

I don't know if its an issue with it or ComicRack itself, but I have most of my files on a mapped network drive and sometimes the thumbnails or images won't load in the web viewer. I'm guessing because the connection to my NAS might time out or something, since I can go to the Folder view, hit refresh, see the connection to the drive go green and then can access them fine again, but it only manifested as an issue in the web viewer, there was no issue with accessing images otherwise. could just be my old and busted desktop, but I thought I'd mention it just in case anybody else was experiencing the same thing.

I was also disappointed when I tried to load it up on a certain console based browser, that shall remain nameless due to NDA, and it came back with an unsupported message. rhymes with winter debt hexploder *cough* :evil: I'll be sending them a harshly worded feedback

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 1 month ago #25327

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
Wedge wrote:
awesome plugin.

I don't know if its an issue with it or ComicRack itself, but I have most of my files on a mapped network drive and sometimes the thumbnails or images won't load in the web viewer. I'm guessing because the connection to my NAS might time out or something, since I can go to the Folder view, hit refresh, see the connection to the drive go green and then can access them fine again, but it only manifested as an issue in the web viewer, there was no issue with accessing images otherwise. could just be my old and busted desktop, but I thought I'd mention it just in case anybody else was experiencing the same thing.

I was also disappointed when I tried to load it up on a certain console based browser, that shall remain nameless due to NDA, and it came back with an unsupported message. rhymes with winter debt hexploder *cough* :evil: I'll be sending them a harshly worded feedback

The plugin is webkit only, because the underlying javascript framework Sencha Touch only supports webkit......
However, as all data is retrieved from ComicRack via an OData REST API, someone may write a new client side interface for IE, but seriously, IE ? meh...

As for the thumbnails:
All thumbnails are requested from ComicRack by resizing the original pages. The thumbnails that ComicRack already created for its own purposes can not be reused, because their format is unreadable and the wrong size anyway.
This thumbnail creation can be taxing on your system, as it requires the unpacking of the shown comic book zipfiles and resizing the first page.
In order to speed things up, the plugin stores the thumbnails in a cache folder so it doesn't have to generate it again.
So it should only be slow the first time a thumbnail is created.
Thumbnails are stored in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ComicRack BCR\cache\thumbnails

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 1 month ago #25332

• Wedge
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
The plugin is webkit only, because the underlying javascript framework Sencha Touch only supports webkit......
However, as all data is retrieved from ComicRack via an OData REST API, someone may write a new client side interface for IE, but seriously, IE ? meh...
heh, yeah, it was more for the novelty of seeing comics on my tv than anything else. Badaap was literally the first thing I thought about trying out when the dashboard update was done.

works perfectly on my iPad, so thats all that really matters. Thumbs up.
As for the thumbnails:
All thumbnails are requested from ComicRack by resizing the original pages. The thumbnails that ComicRack already created for its own purposes can not be reused, because their format is unreadable and the wrong size anyway.
This thumbnail creation can be taxing on your system, as it requires the unpacking of the shown comic book zipfiles and resizing the first page.
In order to speed things up, the plugin stores the thumbnails in a cache folder so it doesn't have to generate it again.
So it should only be slow the first time a thumbnail is created.
Thumbnails are stored in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\ComicRack BCR\cache\thumbnails
I don't think that has any to do with what I was experiencing.
I think I narrowed it down though. if I start ComicRack normally, it will show my three mapped networked drives as green in the Folder Tab, when I restart it running as an administrator, they are red x/disconnected and all comics stored on there are inaccessible, which I guess is why Badaap couldn't serve them up. If I select a drive on the Folder tab and let it do a Getting Books List for a few seconds, and then refresh the folders, they will show green again. so it has nothing to do with the Badaap plugin, I just never had any other reason to start ComicRack as an admin.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 1 month ago #25340

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
New version 1.4 is released.
List scrolling should be faster now.

Make that 1.5 ....
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by jeroenwalter.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 1 month ago #25545

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
Version 1.6 is released.

Changelog 1.6:

show nr of items in the series and comics lists
added sort options for the comic list
search on multiple terms: all terms must be present
added option to filter the series list

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 1 month ago #25562

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
jeroenwalter wrote:
Version 1.6 is released.

Thanks! All new features are welcome! Keep them coming! :)

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 1 month ago #25570

• sterpazook
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Doesn't work with latest CR version :(
worked fine with 0.9.155 but after update to 0.9.156 gives same error scrobly.com/7ECE9UablAem3W3z4LWd
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by sterpazook. Reason: url was broken

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 1 month ago #25571

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
sterpazook wrote:
worked fine with 0.9.155 but after update to 0.9.156 gives same error scrobly.com/7ECE9UablAem3W3z4LWd

I didn't know there is a new release of ComicRack, so thanks for mentioning it.
Will test it shortly :)

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 1 month ago #25577

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
jeroenwalter wrote:
sterpazook wrote:

I didn't know there is a new release of ComicRack, so thanks for mentioning it.
Will test it shortly :)

K, version 1.7 released, updated for ComicRack 0.9.156.
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Who's Online

We have 243 guests and 6 members online