Welcome, Guest
A place to meet other Developers

TOPIC: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 2 months ago #25585

• shpanky
  • Junior Boarder
Pardon my newbness, but how exactly do you get the external ip binding to work? I thought I just added my external IP address provided by my internet provider to the tool, opened port forwarding in my router for 8080 port and I should be set to navigate to that address but it doesn't seem to work. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 2 months ago #25587

• glave
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Using 1.7 and latest comicrack and the exception thrown error still happening when I try to enable it.

64bit.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 2 months ago #25591

• glenntx
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
OK.. this may be a newb question, but here goes anyway...

Does this only work on an iPad? I am attempting to connect on a Kindle Fire running Jelly Bean with the stock browser and with Chrome and I get an error that it cannot connect to 192.168.1.118:8080 Also cannot connect from my Android phone running Gingerbread. I get "Web page not available" on the Dolphin browser.

I try to connect from the browser on my laptop that is also running CR and it works fine, so this can't be the problem, but it is the only one I have been able to come up with so far.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 2 months ago #25595

• bakker_be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
It's probably the firewall on the computer where the plugin is running that's blocking your access.
I can confirm that it works on Android, using Chrome and the default Android browser. What you don't get on Android is the app, it stays in the browser.
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
Dr. Seuss
The following user(s) said Thank You: glenntx

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 2 months ago #25598

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
glenntx wrote:
OK.. this may be a newb question, but here goes anyway...

Does this only work on an iPad? I am attempting to connect on a Kindle Fire running Jelly Bean with the stock browser and with Chrome and I get an error that it cannot connect to 192.168.1.118:8080 Also cannot connect from my Android phone running Gingerbread. I get "Web page not available" on the Dolphin browser.

I try to connect from the browser on my laptop that is also running CR and it works fine, so this can't be the problem, but it is the only one I have been able to come up with so far.

It should run on an Android tablet as well, as long as it's running a webkit based browser like chrome.
If you can't connect, you must check your network and firewall settings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: glenntx

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 2 months ago #25599

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
glave wrote:
Using 1.7 and latest comicrack and the exception thrown error still happening when I try to enable it.

64bit.

Did you upgrade ComicRack to 0.9.156 ?
I have it running on a 32bit and a 64bit machine, no problems here.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 2 months ago #25607

• glenntx
  • Senior Boarder
This is why I pay you and bakker_be the big bucks! Perfect solution. I had to open up port 8080 in Windows Firewall. Calibre had been working fine on this port previously, so it never even crossed my mind that this could be the problem.

Now, how to access it from outside the network? I setup no-ip.com to send to my computer and port 8080 has been been setup in my router to pass through to this pc, but still no good.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 2 months ago #25608

• jeroenwalter
  • Gold Boarder
glenntx wrote:
This is why I pay you and bakker_be the big bucks! Perfect solution. I had to open up port 8080 in Windows Firewall. Calibre had been working fine on this port previously, so it never even crossed my mind that this could be the problem.

Now, how to access it from outside the network? I setup no-ip.com to send to my computer and port 8080 has been been setup in my router to pass through to this pc, but still no good.

Enter your external ip / domain name in the External address field of the settings dialog.
That should do the trick.

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 2 months ago #25609

• bakker_be
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
You need to fill out the "external IP" field with the no-ip.com name you registered
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
Dr. Seuss

Re: Badaap Comic Reader integrated with ComicRack Web Viewer 5 years 2 months ago #25610

• glenntx
  • Senior Boarder
that's what I thought, and did. When I tried to put in just the IP address, it gives me an "Error in URL Binding" error message. When I put in the domain name, it took it, but doesn't work.

The error is also causing CR to crash.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by glenntx. Reason: update
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Who's Online

We have 190 guests and 4 members online