Welcome, Guest
A place to meet other Developers

TOPIC: Working on a CBR file/Library organiser

Working on a CBR file/Library organiser 6 months 1 day ago #47308

• Rav3nX
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey All,

Over the last few days I have been working on a Library (Physical Files) Manager just for my own use, but some bits where handy so i thought iv stick it up here.

I will be working on it for a little while, and its very early as yet, but basically, it will search your Library and a downloads folder for anything that isnt in yor library and you can copy them across. The second part is a Library manager for moving files around and creating folders etc.

It makes it easy to identify new downloaded files and move them into your library, it also helps find and move those issues you have in the 300Gb 'Unsorted' folder and put them in their place.

The Latest 'Un-stable Build' can be found here : (EDIT: maintrax.ravien.net/CBR_Manager/CBR_Manager.rar )

And the github page is : github.com/Rav3nX/CBR-Libary-Downloads-Manager

if anyone wants to help, sing out.

PS: I know its a mess at the moment, it was only supposed to do a few things and User experience wasn't the initial goal, :)
Last Edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by Rav3nX.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: perezmu, rmagere

Working on a CBR file/Library organiser 5 months 4 weeks ago #47319

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Please, keep us informed about this!

Working on a CBR file/Library organiser 5 months 4 weeks ago #47322

• Rav3nX
  • Fresh Boarder
Will Do.

The Latest Build can be downloaded from here: (Its the latest VS Build output)

maintrax.ravien.net/CBR_Manager/CBR_Manager.rar

Please if you start using it, either post bugs/issues/requests in here or the git hub page. Thumbnails is what I'm working on atm.

The Folder Organizer is by far the most useful tool ATM. Show the file list, and CTRL+Click on a file in the file list
will set the filter to the first word of that file, allowing you to find all copies of that comic scattered around your libary(If you
are like me and have 20+ 'Unsorted' Folders.

From the Libary list (Right Datagrid view) CTRL drag will move the files, CTRL+SHIFT+Drag Will move all the files into a new folder (You get
prompted for the folder name). That shit is handy.! :) (Even if i may say so myself.)

From what i can tell comic rack has no problems re-updating the new file locations. And scraped NTFS Second Stream info seems to be retained.

EDIT: IMPORTANT! PLEASE BE AWARE that the latest build is to be considered 'Experimental'. Any deleted files will go in the recycle bin if you (or I have) stuffed up. Double check the paths in the confirmation dialogs. I will release 'stable'/'safe' builds when i get up to that point. YE BE WARNED! :)

Working on a CBR file/Library organiser 5 months 4 weeks ago #47331

• Rav3nX
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok so if anyone has downloaded it from the link in the first post in the last few days then they would have gotten a real old version. (sorry)

I have done heaps... We now have thumbnails, preview window and a full-blown reader etc etc. Don't forget to set your library root folder (options: library settings)

Also don't forget when you load folder creator click load library. I will come up with documentation soon but for now, your all on your own sorry :)

Any files listed red in the file list have other files somewhere with the same name. (Ctrl+Click on them to find them) They would be possible duplicates. This will extend later to like yellow if the files have the same name, red if the same name and file size, and flashing red with siren noises and blue screens if the hashes match.

(The reader is so far only proof of concept)

Anyway..... back to it. Please give feedback!

(EDIT: I will start proper version numbering now...promise. Ill be working on this like crazy in the next few days, so check back.)
(EDIT 2: Ok so i changed it to a rar file with sharpcompress.dll in there as well so the reader and previews etc will work. *facepalm*)

Working on a CBR file/Library organiser 5 months 3 weeks ago #47343

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
What would make this a most useful tool would be not only to allow to compare identical files but same comic files, by parsing filenames and reading comicinfo.xml files if available

Working on a CBR file/Library organiser 5 months 3 weeks ago #47348

• Rav3nX
  • Fresh Boarder
perezmu wrote:
What would make this a most useful tool would be not only to allow to compare identical files but same comic files, by parsing filenames and reading comicinfo.xml files if available

Yes I am doing a lot of work in this area, basically the dupe checking section will highlight which ones match by filename, or by comic info etc. I can get Comic Racks data from the files etc no worries, so the rest is just putting it together.

Unfortunately I'm having trouble with databases atm, when i get this grap sorted out it will be full steam ahead. I'm thinking of keeping a SQL lite server with
the comic in it to keep track of comics that have been removed etc, so that you are not reimporting comics you have chosen to remove.

In other news, i have a preview window working great, thumbnails, and a mini-reader to make it easier to find stuff. Its coming along read great just choosing a database provider is killing me, go simple like XML's and it starts to really bog down after a few thousand comics, and SQL (Microsoft) local Db is just too hard to distribute.

(EDIT: ) Screen Shots:

maintrax.ravien.net/CBR_Manager/screen1.jpg

maintrax.ravien.net/CBR_Manager/screen2.jpg

EDIT: Got SQlite going. working well.
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Rav3nX.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Who's Online

We have 228 guests and 6 members online