Welcome, Guest
A place to meet other Developers
  • Page:

TOPIC: Extension wishes

Extension wishes 7 years 6 months ago #6383

• cYo
  • Thank you received: 675
A call to all the ComicRack developers out there (yes, i mean you five there :))

What hooks would you like to have in ComicRack. How would your dream plugin interact with ComicRack (own windows, menus, views, tabs whatever).

What should scripts be able to do. Just start dreaming and your wishes may come true :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Extension wishes 7 years 6 months ago #6387

• Stonepaw
  • Thank you received: 267
I would like a way to add a cbr/z book to the comicrack library via a file path. Essentially the script would copy a comic off my external hardrive onto my laptop to a temporary directory, add it to the library and add a tag to it so that it could be easily found. Useful to 'checkout' a couple of books for trips or something when I don't/can't take an external hardrive.

To add to my 0-day script, perhaps a way to convert to cbz via a script?

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure I'll think of more suggestions.

Thanks cYo!

Re:Extension wishes 7 years 6 months ago #6388

cYo wrote:
A call to all the ComicRack developers out there (yes, i mean you five there :))

What hooks would you like to have in ComicRack. How would your dream plugin interact with ComicRack (own windows, menus, views, tabs whatever).

What should scripts be able to do. Just start dreaming and your wishes may come true :)

Some of this may be available now.
-CR actions scriptable (file conversion/export specifically, with the ability to specify the new filename and location)
-Library structure scripting. For instance, if I build a folder/list structure, I want to be able to export that to a directory structure, including exporting list/folder names
-The reverse of the above, able to use scripts to generate and import lists/folders in CR

Re:Extension wishes 7 years 6 months ago #6389

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
My 2 cents (some can even already be there and I simply don't know!?):

- Convert files to cbz
- Delete pages
- Change page type

Thanks

Re:Extension wishes 7 years 6 months ago #6397

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Sorry for gate-crashing the developers' party, but now that I'm here anyway, I'll put in my 50 cents too.. :P

I dream of ComicRack as having the features of both iTunes and Firefox. The scripts that we have for CR can be considered as the equivalents of add-ons for firefox. Hence, we can visualise their functioning in a more integrated manner.

Here are my (crazy) thoughts:
    1.A "scripts" tab next to the library/folders/pages tabs, on clicking which the installed scripts show up in the sidebar, and the selected script in the library window. Now, when we select a few comics in the CR library, and click the scrape icon, what good would it be if all the dialog boxes open in the reader window, and the final scraping progress bar appears as an inclusion of the reader window.

Something on the lines of this:

2.Similarly, the Weekly releases RSS script could open in the browser, and the cover could appear in the reader.

Like this maybe:

3.I sometimes like to add a page to a cbz file. So, I open the cbz/cbr file with winrar and manually add the page from there. I would love if somebody would be kind enough to develop a script that does it from within CR.

I hope I understood the topic correctly and didn't post in the wrong thread.... :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re:Extension wishes 7 years 6 months ago #6451

600WPMPO wrote:
3.I sometimes like to add a page to a cbz file. So, I open the cbz/cbr file with winrar and manually add the page from there. I would love if somebody would be kind enough to develop a script that does it from within CR.

A drag and drop from an explorer folder into the pages tab or into a book in the browser would be even better...

Also, one more thing, maybe not quite a developer extension: standard windows keyboard shortcuts would be excellent (Alt+F4 to close the whole window, Ctrl+F4 to close tabs, Ctrl+PgUp/PgDwn to move between tabs... etc)

Re:Extension wishes 7 years 6 months ago #6455

• bdadavies
  • Fresh Boarder
Not sure if this is the right place to suggest this.

I'd like to be able to set a comic as a screensaver. I think that would be cool!

Re:Extension wishes 7 years 6 months ago #6464

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
bdadavies wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place to suggest this.

I'd like to be able to set a comic as a screensaver. I think that would be cool!

Yes.. this is certainly not the thread to suggest this.

You may download your screensaver software here and follow-on the discussion in clcii's Comic screen saver thread.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Re:Extension wishes 7 years 1 month ago #9530

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
600WPMPO wrote:

I would like to see this too!

Re:Extension wishes 7 years 1 month ago #9531

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Me three..this is especially useful with alternate covers..I'd love to be able to drag and drop files in and out of CR into other files.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Who's Online

We have 209 guests and 4 members online