Welcome, Guest
Discussions about the Marvel Universe
  • Page:

TOPIC: help with finding comics issues

help with finding comics issues 5 years 8 months ago #21958

• karkar23
  • Fresh Boarder
i heard long ago that spider-man and captain america died, and i really want to read those comics, can you tell me which issue is that?!
and one more thing, i really want to start reading marvel comics, but i don't know where to start and what to read cause there is so many different names and themes and what ever(ultimate magnito, ultimate spiderman, amazing spiderman, and goes on..) i'll be very happy to get help with that :)
thank you!

p.s!
i know this is a marvel sub-forum, but i heard the batman died too and robin taking he's place or something like that, can you please tell me where can i read about this story too??

thank you all guys!(and comixology is a trusted site to buy comics from it?)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: help with finding comics issues 5 years 8 months ago #21961

• Wired
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Batman died in Batman 676, Captain America in Captain America volume 5, issue 25.

I think Spider Man died in Ultimate Spider Man?
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Wired.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karkar23

Re: help with finding comics issues 5 years 8 months ago #21964

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Wired has steered you in all the right directions. And yes, Spider-man died in the Ultimate comic universe line. Here is a link to the list of books to read for that story line, Death of Spider-man, on comicbookdb.com. Also, here is a more detailed bio on the story line of Spider-man's death in the Ultimate universe on comicvine.com.

And yes, I think comixology is as best a trusted site as most for buying comics online.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: help with finding comics issues 5 years 8 months ago #21978

• karkar23
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks guys :)

but there is still remaining one thing - if i want to start reading the spider-man or x-men or batman, where should i begin?(i know that there is like hundreds of issues but there must be some plot line or comics that i should start from..) :)

Re: help with finding comics issues 5 years 8 months ago #21983

• DarkSynopsis
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I have been meaning to get Batman myself and I have #655 ready to start out since it seems to be the story where Batman finds out about his Son and was going to read from the onwards.

I would be interested where to start with X-Men and even Avengers due to the new Avengers vs. X-Men that is coming out but it does not seem like something you can just pick up based on reviews I've seen!

For Spider-Man assuming you want the main Ongoing one which is The Amazing Spider-Man I was told to start with the Big Time event which starts at #648! I have read 3-4 so far and seems like a nice jump on point.

Re: help with finding comics issues 5 years 8 months ago #21984

• karkar23
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you very much!
i'll search for those issues! and the other one's are less interesting? or they have too different plot line, that i'll get confused?

Re: help with finding comics issues 5 years 8 months ago #21987

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
karkar23 wrote:
if i want to start reading the spider-man or x-men or batman, where should i begin?(i know that there is like hundreds of issues but there must be some plot line or comics that i should start from..) :)
You are right, there are soooo many story line plots (over 50 years worth) in each of these characters existence that you could probably start anywhere. It seems to me like you used to read these characters and then haven't followed them in some time. They have all gone though many changes, though if I were you, I would probably start with the recent stuff and then work my way back.

For Spider-man, you might want to start with the biggest recent controversial change in the story line One More Day. This was one of those story lines that got major news coverage outside of the comic book industry. If you want to get direct lead-in story lines to One More Day, then you could also read Civil War and Back In Black.

For Batman, the easiest recent starting point would probably be during the entire DC Universe relaunch The New 52 which was another big news event. So, you could start with all the Batman related relaunch titles like Batman, Detective Comics, Batman and Robin, & Batman: The Dark Knight. If you want to get a direct lead-in to The New 52 reluanch titles then read Flashpoint. If you want to go back earlier before Batman was rebooted, then try great jump on story arcs like the awesome Hush, by greats Jeph Loeb & Jim Lee or Batman & Son, like DarkSynopsis mentioned, by greats Grant Morrison & Andy Kubert. There's also other great reads like Batman R.I.P. & Battle for the Cowl.

For the X-Men, there's always a lot going on in the X-verse though a great recent starting point would probably be the Second Coming. I think this is a great starting point because of all the direct lead-in story lines, Messiah CompleX & Messiah War, as well as related plot threads from earlier story arcs such as House of M, Utopia, Nation X and Necrosha.

Hopefully that all helps in getting you started with the more recent major changes in those characters.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by oraclexview.

Re: help with finding comics issues 5 years 8 months ago #21988

• Wired
  • Senior Boarder
Yeah, definitely start with the Flashpoint story. It's recent, and a great back story to a lot of the changes.

Re: help with finding comics issues 5 years 8 months ago #21990

• karkar23
  • Fresh Boarder
WOW!thanks oraclexview! this is awesome!
and i never read comics.. i only saw the x-men, spider-man and batman cartoons, the old ones from the early 90's and a week ago i just started to want to start reading comics, but i don't have a comic book store near my home, or somewhere near me.. so the only choice i got it's the internet and there is so many comics that i don't really know where to start or what comes after what!
thank you all for the help - i'll try to catch up, hope i'll make it, if not i'll be back to ask again :)

Re: help with finding comics issues 5 years 8 months ago #21992

• Wired
  • Senior Boarder
www.comicvine.com is a great site to find comic info, story arcs, etc.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Who's Online

We have 231 guests and one member online