Welcome, Guest
Discussions about the Marvel Universe
  • Page:

TOPIC: More Cancellations

More Cancellations 5 years 5 months ago #24165

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Now I'm getting depressed. JiM cancelled? Really Marvel? This Marvel NOW better be some great stuff if they're doing this..

I can deal with most of the titles being cut, because most likely this reboot-that's-not-a-reboot will use the characters in a new way. But I don't see them cancelling JiM and going back to kid Loki and his henchwoman and attack dog again. Once they cancel it, we'll probably never see him again.

www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/10/marvel-e...s-marvel-now-begins/
www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/11/three-mo...action-or-cancelled/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: More Cancellations 5 years 5 months ago #24174

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
JIM isn't officially cancelled, Gillen's just wrapping it up. He claims it's been the plan all along. (Now, it may get officially cancelled the month after, but...)

There hasn't been a single announced cancellation yet that is that surprising to me, thankfully. All of these will still be around the next month in different (or similar) forms, I'm sure (although seeing New Mutants go makes me a bit nervous).
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Shinrai.

Re: More Cancellations 5 years 5 months ago #24175

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Shinrai wrote:
JIM isn't officially cancelled, Gillen's just wrapping it up. He claims it's been the plan all along. (Now, it may get officially cancelled the month after, but...)

There hasn't been a single announced cancellation yet that is that surprising to me, thankfully. All of these will still be around the next month in different (or similar) forms, I'm sure (although seeing New Mutants go makes me a bit nervous).

I know, but I don't want JiM to end. :(

The JiM/NM crossover was so fun.

Re: More Cancellations 5 years 5 months ago #24179

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
So what is the point behind this whole WOW thing anyway?

Re: More Cancellations 5 years 5 months ago #24180

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
oraclexview wrote:
#1s sell books, is the point.

Re: More Cancellations 5 years 5 months ago #24182

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
Shinrai wrote:
oraclexview wrote:
#1s sell books, is the point.
Besides the obvious reason silly one. lol
I meant along the lines of how it's explained in the Marvel Universe itself, unless there is no story plot behind it at all, and it really is just to sell more #1 issues and variant covers (though now days they pop out variant covers all the time regardless of the issue number).

Re: More Cancellations 5 years 5 months ago #24183

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
Imho, AvX will end on a House-of-M or Age-of-Apocalypse alternate universe, and they will put out some "alternate" titles for a few months, then business as usual. After all the branding they put into the Avengers movie, i highly doubt they will remake it into yet another mutant team (even if storm and wolverine are already a bit over the top at the moment, being omnipresent and all that).

fK

Re: More Cancellations 5 years 5 months ago #24195

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
You know, if Marvel wanted to really be innovative, I think they should take what they have done with their Avengers related movie universe and expand it much further. If I was in charge of Marvel, I would merge the comic book universe and the movie universe directly together an have the comic books tell the stories in between the stories relayed by the movies. At least this would be my long term goal. I'd also get back all the properties that were licensed out such as the X-Men (out to 20th Century Fox) and Spider-man (out to Sony) and merge those movie franchises into the greater Marvel movie universe. Once all the characters have been well established in their movies, I'd then start merging the comics stories with the movie stories. To me, that would make NOW a cool and innovative concept.

Re: More Cancellations 5 years 5 months ago #24205

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
forkicks wrote:
Imho, AvX will end on a House-of-M or Age-of-Apocalypse alternate universe, and they will put out some "alternate" titles for a few months, then business as usual. After all the branding they put into the Avengers movie, i highly doubt they will remake it into yet another mutant team (even if storm and wolverine are already a bit over the top at the moment, being omnipresent and all that).

fK

I would have agreed, but they've said very explicitly that it's NOT some kind of alternate universe scenario.

Re: More Cancellations 5 years 5 months ago #24213

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 109
Shinrai wrote:
I would have agreed, but they've said very explicitly that it's NOT some kind of alternate universe scenario.

I'm still leaning towards this. They said the same thing about the Heroes Reborn run, and it lasted a bit under a year before returning to normal.

If it's not, then for long time readers it will feel like what it feels every time DC does it - like a big hot poker stuck up your rear end (no factual data for comparison), and a "you can flush all those years of reading down the drain".

fK
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Who's Online

We have 225 guests and 3 members online