Welcome, Guest
Discussions about the Marvel Universe

TOPIC: Now! sucks

Now! sucks 4 years 11 months ago #27041

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
'nuff said! Nothing there for me...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Now! sucks 4 years 11 months ago #27043

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
You're kidding, right? Fantastic Four was amazing (and FF looks even amazing-er). All New X-Men needs to get rolling, but the first issue was a good start IMO. Thor was pretty good, Iron Man wasn't as good but wasn't bad by any stretch. And this is all before we really even have half the books out yet...Hickman's Avengers is pretty much a sure thing for me. I haven't been this excited about Marvel in years...really the only downside for me is "Why isn't Christos Gage on anything yet?"
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Shinrai.

Re: Now! sucks 4 years 11 months ago #27045

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
I also think it sucks very much. Actually, -any- reboot that throws away all the time i spent reading comics sucks very much. "oh, but its not a reboot". Right. And Iron Man wasnt planning on going to space and now is on earth without any hint whatsoever why it changed. It's all a big mess without any concerns for continuity -and i'm not even going as far as 3 or 4 years ago, it's disregarding stories with 1 or 2 months!

And the pacing is attrocious. I hate reading a book and have the only interesting moment show up on the last panel with a big "continue" splashed over. There go 15 minutes i'll never get back. (Yes, uncanny avengers, i'm looking at you).

It "feels" (for lack of a better term) like what they did with the new nick fury retcon crap.

And yes, this is biased. For reference, the best comic age for me were the trippy 70's Warlock, Captain Marvel, Dr Strange stuff. Please bring Starlin back.

fK

Re: Now! sucks 4 years 11 months ago #27046

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
Shinrai wrote:
You're kidding, right? Fantastic Four was amazing (and FF looks even amazing-er). All New X-Men needs to get rolling, but the first issue was a good start IMO. Thor was pretty good

I have to admit I have not yet done FF neither Thor... I just got tired after the X's and the A's... will do later today... thanks for the tip.

Re: Now! sucks 4 years 10 months ago #27507

• kev0153
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Couldn't Get into Fantastic Four and I haven't tried FF yet. new X-Men is good. X-Men Legacy is dragging a bit. New Captain is good, Iron Man is eh. I really like the new Thor and the stuff they are doing with the Hulk seems interesting. Just got the New Cable and X-force yesterday. Yeah Avengers looks really cool. Been away from comics for awhile so I'm getting caught up with all the new X-Men stuff.

Re: Now! sucks 4 years 10 months ago #27519

• RevQuixo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Thunderbolts was awful...

Re: Now! sucks 4 years 10 months ago #27521

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 81
Thunderbolts was pretty awful. Bad writing and TERRIBLE artwork do not a good #1 make.

Other than that I've had no major disappointments yet. (Avengers Arena really pisses me off as an Academy fan, but the art and writing were actually decent so I guess it gets a pass for now. Also it's probably going to have a twist ending anyway.)
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Shinrai.

Re: Now! sucks 4 years 10 months ago #27619

• perezmu
  • Platinum Boarder
I really did not fully get what all this "Now" is about... is it supposed to be a reboot, an event, a ... what? I mean, is this here to stay? Because in the end it seems that the only did mix avengers and mutants, and that's it...

I feel old. I miss the 80s.

Re: Now! sucks 4 years 10 months ago #27620

• forkicks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 108
perezmu wrote:

Beat you by ten, i miss the 70's (comics-wise).

:)

Other than shuffling the mutants and avengers, the most important part is that they moved all the creative teams around, and gave them total freedom. This means that, in many cases, they are throwing alot of the continuity under the bus and coming up with non sequitur stories and behaviours that are not in line with what went on before on those characters/teams/storylines.

fK

Re: Now! sucks 4 years 10 months ago #27621

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
forkicks wrote:
perezmu wrote:

Beat you by ten, i miss the 70's (comics-wise).

:)

Other than shuffling the mutants and avengers, the most important part is that they moved all the creative teams around, and gave them total freedom. This means that, in many cases, they are throwing alot of the continuity under the bus and coming up with non sequitur stories and behaviours that are not in line with what went on before on those characters/teams/storylines.

fK
Exactly. That's why I tell newbie readers to stop looking for continuity/chronology, and just start reading.

p.s. That doesn't mean that I am liking this Now! crappage.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Who's Online

We have 220 guests and 7 members online