Welcome, Guest
Discussions about the Marvel Universe
  • Page:

TOPIC: What to do? (I have too much marvel, don't know where to start)

What to do? (I have too much marvel, don't know where to start) 3 years 3 months ago #40235

• lucidusatra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey,
Ever consider putting up a shared library? Just a suggestion ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What to do? (I have too much marvel, don't know where to start) 2 years 9 months ago #41659

• startreksteve
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
As some of the guys on here know, I'm almost finished reading Amazing Spider-man from 121 - 700 (About 20 issues to go) Its quite remarkable how much a comic changes when you read it end to end from the 70's to now. Its worth doing just for the culture-shock of it all! I'm seeing a lot more complicated, grittier stories now compared to the 70's/80's villain of the month. I much prefer the modern storylines and I wonder how my 15-year-old self would have found them? (When I stopped reading the UK reprints)

Re: What to do? (I have too much marvel, don't know where to start) 2 years 9 months ago #41693

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
I am doing somthing simmilar with X-Men and I have coincidently just gone through Secret Wars. I have to say that although I like some of the characters I am only liking about one out of three issues. But as you state, the cultural changes are really interesting, especially as I am now moving into a period where I would have been a young adult

Plus the art is now getting interesting as people like Bill Sienkiewicz start cropping up on New Mutants, things won't be the same from now on. I am kind of dreading the 90s.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Who's Online

We have 256 guests and 8 members online