Welcome, Guest
Discussions about the Marvel Universe

TOPIC: Organize Marvel NOW! comics

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 5 months ago #42399

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
@alext41: Thanks! I'll check it out and report back.

+! karma to your good health.. :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 5 months ago #42433

• alext41
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Here we go with the latest Marvel Now! Concept:
Secret Wars

based on the concept list: www.comicvine.com/marvel-now/4015-56129/

File Attachment:

File Name: SecretWars.zip
File Size:1 KB
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by alext41.

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 3 months ago #42810

• freakingout
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
I'm working on a ruleset for All-New, All Different Marvel, and I was hoping to get some input on two questions. I'm working off this list:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-New,_All-Different_Marvel

First question: does anyone know if this is the next wave of Marvel NOW! or a new, distinct concept? The only clue I have is that Comic Vine doesn't mention Marvel NOW! on it's page for All-New All-Different, nor does it list ANAD on its Marvel NOW! page, but it's hard to know if that means anything. I haven't seen any press that answers this explicitly one way or the other. Any insight?

Second question is related directly to Data Manager. There is the somewhat peculiar situation here wherein a new volume is going to be premiering in the same year as the previous one (A-Force, for instance, or Howard the Duck). I'm not sure how Comic Vine will handle this, but I assume they will both just be "Volume: 2015." I thought I'd get around this by adding a rule for "Published is greater than September 2015." Is there an easier way to do this? Alternately, does anyone know of another case like this, and how Comic Vine distinguished the volumes?

Thanks in advance!
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by freakingout.

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 3 months ago #42812

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
It is very definately a new concept for what that is worth, I am not sure if Marvel think about things this way. It is certainly not easy to ascetain when Marvel Now! finished and All New Marvel Now! started.

They stopped using All New before Secret Wars, which means some comics were not in any concept.

For example I wouldn't consider the three issues of Ultron Forever as part of any concept. S.H.I.E.L.D / Rocket Racoon have been inconsistant with its banners and I think conciously moved away from any Now! concept. Some of the titles that are ignoring Secret Wars like Squirrel girl and Black Widow have moved away from banners.

They appear to be mainly marketing terms that get used as and when they are seeking to increase awareness of new series. This essentially means you can't relly go wrong because, if you want to define concepts as eras where every comic gets included, then you can define them as you wish.

Second question: Many people (including Marvel) have started using Volume: 2013-2015. So you could use a second field with the last year when the series finishes.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by jkthemac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: freakingout

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 3 months ago #42813

• sensei6375
  • Senior Boarder
freakingout wrote:
I'm working on a ruleset for All-New, All Different Marvel, and I was hoping to get some input on two questions. I'm working off this list:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-New,_All-Different_Marvel

First question: does anyone know if this is the next wave of Marvel NOW! or a new, distinct concept? The only clue I have is that Comic Vine doesn't mention Marvel NOW! on it's page for All-New All-Different, nor does it list ANAD on its Marvel NOW! page, but it's hard to know if that means anything. I haven't seen any press that answers this explicitly one way or the other. Any insight?

Second question is related directly to Data Manager. There is the somewhat peculiar situation here wherein a new volume is going to be premiering in the same year as the previous one (A-Force, for instance, or Howard the Duck). I'm not sure how Comic Vine will handle this, but I assume they will both just be "Volume: 2015." I thought I'd get around this by adding a rule for "Published is greater than September 2015." Is there an easier way to do this? Alternately, does anyone know of another case like this, and how Comic Vine distinguished the volumes?

Thanks in advance!

First: I think Marvel Now is over and the branding is the All-New All -Different. In the latest Marvel Previews Marvel Now isn't mentioned anywhere so I'm guessing it's ended.

Second: Same Volume/Same Series name happens sometimes with TPB released in the same year. In Comicvine they will have different Volume ID numbers. I use those and add a rule that specifies which is which. Example:

Series - ECHO ID #20806
TPB - ECHO ID #47310

The rule I use is Custom(comic_volume) - Is - 47310. And use the same for the entry for the series but with 20806.
The following user(s) said Thank You: freakingout

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 3 months ago #42814

• freakingout
  • Junior Boarder
sensei6375 wrote:
Second: Same Volume/Same Series name happens sometimes with TPB released in the same year. In Comicvine they will have different Volume ID numbers. I use those and add a rule that specifies which is which. Example:

Series - ECHO ID #20806
TPB - ECHO ID #47310

The rule I use is Custom(comic_volume) - Is - 47310. And use the same for the entry for the series but with 20806.

Oh man, I had NO IDEA about these fields! Excellent! Thank you for the tip!

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 3 months ago #42826

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
sensei6375 wrote:
First: I think Marvel Now is over.

Technically ‘Marvel Now!’ finished when it was replaced by ‘All New Marvel Now!’ at the release of "All New Marvel Now! Point One" in January 2014. After this a large number of titles added ‘All New’ in front of them falling in line with the X-men title.

‘All New Marvel Now!’ was a mini reboot and a marketing exercise.

Now we have ‘All New All Different’ which is very definitely a soft reboot of almost everything.

This is why it is best not to take these categories too seriously, they don’t define things clearly and definitively. Most people completely ignored ‘All New Marvel Now!’ as a concept.

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 3 months ago #42827

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
freakingout wrote:
Oh man, I had NO IDEA about these fields! Excellent! Thank you for the tip!

Those fields only exist if you have scraped the data using the CV Scraper. They are custom fields. If like me half your library was scraped before the scraper started using custom fields then a lot of your library would need this field populating before you used it as a serious way of organising the whole library.

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 3 months ago #42829

• freakingout
  • Junior Boarder
jkthemac wrote:
Those fields only exist if you have scraped the data using the CV Scraper. They are custom fields. If like me half your library was scraped before the scraper started using custom fields then a lot of your library would need this field populating before you used it as a serious way of organising the whole library.

My library is all scraped with CV Scraper, but even so, I would only be using this data to differentiate the couple of volume redundancies coming up in the fall. But thanks for the heads up!

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 3 months ago #42841

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
jkthemac wrote:
sensei6375 wrote:
First: I think Marvel Now is over.

Technically ‘Marvel Now!’ finished when it was replaced by ‘All New Marvel Now!’ at the release of "All New Marvel Now! Point One" in January 2014. After this a large number of titles added ‘All New’ in front of them falling in line with the X-men title.

‘All New Marvel Now!’ was a mini reboot and a marketing exercise.

Now we have ‘All New All Different’ which is very definitely a soft reboot of almost everything.

This is why it is best not to take these categories too seriously, they don’t define things clearly and definitively. Most people completely ignored ‘All New Marvel Now!’ as a concept.

From ComicVine:
All-New, All-Different Marvel is not a reboot, but a continuation with a brand new "status quo".

ComicVine lists this as a separate concept, so I'll make the rulesets and update the original post make a new post (give me some time, though..). :)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by 600WPMPO.
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds

Who's Online

We have 246 guests and 2 members online