Discussions about the Marvel Universe

TOPIC: Organize Marvel NOW! comics

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 3 months ago #42845

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
600WPMPO wrote:
From ComicVine:
All-New, All-Different Marvel is not a reboot, but a continuation with a brand new "status quo".

Comic Vine are clearly working with the hard definition of the word reboot as opposed the the soft reboot we are literally witnessing in the issues right now.

Either way it is an across the board concept. The only real odd balls at the moment are things like Groot, Shield and Howard the Duck which I don't quite see how they are going to be involved.

Marvel made these grand sweeping comments suggesting every comic would be involved in Secret Wars but we are yet to see if that is true. Plus, their latest tag line from this month's solicits is "When Secret Wars ends there is only Marvel" which suggests they may drop all of the hyperbole at some point. (Presumably after the All-New, All-Different, Point One). Indeed, the way the solicits read they are not really focusing on the concept as such. It isn't at all like a New 52 type concept.

In fact I suspect 'All-New, All-Different' will be equally difficult to pin down as 'All-New' was last year. There will be some marketing flying around with that moniker and some without.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 3 months ago #42846

• freakingout
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
600WPMPO wrote:
ComicVine lists this as a separate concept, so I'll make the rulesets and update the original post make a new post (give me some time, though..). :)

I've already done a bit of work on the ruleset, would it be helpful if I shared that for you to work from?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 3 months ago #42847

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
What I find more interesting is the way the solicits have been and are continuing to group the Marvel output.

They categorise comics into:

Iron man
Captain America
Marvel Heroes
All-New, All-Different (for the point release only)
Avengers
Spider-Man
X-Men
Guardians of the Galaxy
Inhumans
Star Wars

With Disney Kingdoms and Stephen King getting their own moniker.

These are more in line with the editorial offices but not quite, and they give us an insight into how they see things. Suggesting that Iron-Man and Captain America could develop into multiple comics for example.

There are strange things like Groot being under 'Marvel Heroes' this month which may just be a space saving thing because it shares a page with Shield or may suggest these headers are not taken that seriously either.

Organize Marvel NOW! comics 2 years 3 months ago #42848

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
freakingout wrote:
600WPMPO wrote:
ComicVine lists this as a separate concept, so I'll make the rulesets and update the original post make a new post (give me some time, though..). :)

I've already done a bit of work on the ruleset, would it be helpful if I shared that for you to work from?
That's good! I haven't even started working on the rulesets. It would be great if you can make a new post, and help us all organise the All-new, all-different Marvel comics! :cheer:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Who's Online

We have 237 guests and 5 members online