Welcome, Guest
Discussions about the Marvel Universe

TOPIC: Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 2 years 2 weeks ago #43934

• spynotebook
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
It didn't catch "Angela, Queen of Hel" because it is looking for "Angela: Queen of Hel".
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 2 years 2 weeks ago #43953

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
Yes, this is one of those inconsistent indicia issues that unless I get the physical issue in my hand I can't confirm.

The solicits, the preview catalogue, Marvel.com, Comixology and even the Annie Wu Variant cover have this as Angela: Queen of Hel with a colon (as have previous volumes), but Comic Vine has gone with a comma.

Frankly, I don't trust new releases on Comic Vine for a couple of weeks. They have a policy of using the Indicia but there is no guarantee that the person who put the volume into their database knows what the indicia is. Even the recent edit adding the title is inaccruate as this issue is called "The Queen of Hel Part One" not just "Part One".

Many new comics are placed on there after reading the front cover or a digital listing. If the indicia is wrong somebody will change it on Comic Vine eventually.

Their policy on this issue is not only frustrating and inconsistent with what the average person may name a comic, it is also increasingly anachronistic in the digital age.

If anyone has the physical copy can they check the indicia?
Last Edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by jkthemac.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 2 years 2 weeks ago #43955

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
I have updated the January titles in a new section to avoid overlap issues.

More flip/flopping of the Moon Girl title in the catalogue. I have moved it back into the Inhumans grouping as per this month's grouping and will probably keep it there.

Ms Marvel and Howard the Duck seem to have settled into their categories.

Also "The Vision" is now shortened to just "Vision". I have no idea why they changed this one as the solicits are still listed with 'The' but nowhere else uses it apart from the front page of the comic. (see my concerns about indicia earlier)

File Attachment:

File Name: ANAD7b.zip
File Size:2 KB

P.S. I have realised that the Patsy Walker volume just will not work as part of a list so I am going to single it out in the next version.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 week ago by jkthemac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spynotebook

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 2 years 1 week ago #44079

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Edited above post to correct Web-Warriors with a hyphon.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 2 years 2 days ago #44127

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
February solicits add these number ones:

SPIDER-MAN #1
AVENGERS STANDOFF: WELCOME TO PLEASANT HILL #1
POWER MAN AND IRON FIST #1
DEADPOOL & THE MERCS FOR MONEY #1 (of 5)
X-MEN: WORST X-MAN EVER #1 (OF 5)

Avengers Standoff is related to the next event I think. Personally I usually place events under an Event series group, but I guess for the purposes of this I will place it under Avengers.

There are still a few expected volumes missing from solicits, Black Widow fans will be wondering where that book is for instance.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 days ago by jkthemac.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 11 months ago #44317

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
March's new #1s

International Iron Man #1
Hyperion #1
X-Men ‘92 #1
Black Widow #1
Mockingbird #1
Avengers Standoff: Assault On Pleasant Hill Alpha #1

All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe (Guide)
The Infinity Entity (4 issue Mini possibly not ANAD more of Starlin's onging cosmic material)
The Amazing Spider-Man & Silk: The Spider(Fly) Effect #1 (one-shot Infinite Comic compilation)
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by jkthemac.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 11 months ago #44338

• squeedps
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Just wanted to give you a heads up. I was going through the books and felt like I was missing some. Found two changes that were made on CV's side. All New All Different Avengers is now All New, All Different Avengers. Subtle difference with the comma but that kind of crap is annoying. The second is Web-Warriors is now Web Warriors. Why the hyphen was removed is beyond me.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 11 months ago #44339

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes thanks for the note, I have been changing my version but wanted to add the 2016 stuff all together with any changes. It would appear the indecia of these books is best reflected by Marvel.com which is actually surprising to me because I never had much faith in that site's updates until now.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 10 months ago #44475

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Here is my most current version with today's comics added.

Note I am still sticking with 'Angela: Queen of Hel' and not 'Angela, Queen of Hel' becasue so far Marvel.com seems to be more correct than Comicvine.
BUT I have added a correction for the comma for those that prefer sticking with Comicvine.

If anyone has a paper version and can confirm the indicia please add a note here.

<EDIT: File now in later post>
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by jkthemac.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 10 months ago #44477

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Honestly I think it's up to the user how they want the title to appear in their personal database because each source stores titles the way they prefer it. For example, Diamond Distribution lists two of the series you guys mentioned as "Angela Queen Of Hel" and "All-New All-Different Avengers". comicbookdb.com lists both titles as "Angela: Queen Of Hel" and "All-New, All-Different Avengers". So if you wanted to stick with the release date source Diamond Distribution which gets it's info straight from the comic publishers on how they would like their books listed, or you can go with either of the user member managed based web site databases. Honestly, if it's really that big of a deal to you , you can always sign up for an account on both comicbookdb.com & comicvine.com (plus the other 2 to 3 online databases out there as well I'm sure) and change/petition how the title is written yourself. When it comes to these kind of things it's all subjective. :)
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by oraclexview.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Who's Online

We have 221 guests and 5 members online