Welcome, Guest
Discussions about the Marvel Universe

TOPIC: Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 10 months ago #44478

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
The point is I will primarily write the rules to suit my preference but with an eye to comicvine because most people will use that to scrape comics. So the only thing that concerns me is that anyone using these rules understands what the rules are doing and what to change if they wish to do so.

Comicvine insists on indicia, but they dont always get that right, so you get whole series switching from one wording to another. Angela will be one of those, mark my words.

I have sought to edit it on comicvine but without the paper version I have no leg to stand on. I can appeal until I am blue in the face that the actual indicia is 90% certain to be with a colon but as I don't go to comic stores and the only copies I buy or read are digital then I can't actually convince them without evidence.

Diamond are certainly not always correct because I have been using those to decide on these rules and they have been wrong a number of times so far. It does seem that Marvel.com have so far used the indicia on their website so I will mainly use that as a guide and await Comicvine to catch up. Comicvine has caught up on every other title apart from Angela which I suspect, ironically, is because I sought to edit it.

P.S. To clarify, my rules will currently expect the Colon version but still work with the Comma version, that way they will work with Comicvine scraped books and will still work if and when they get corrected on comicvine. They don't change the series title.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by jkthemac.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 10 months ago #44479

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
jkthemac wrote:
The point is I will primarily write the rules to suit my preference but with an eye to comicvine because most people will use that to scrape comics. So the only thing that concerns me is that anyone using these rules understands what the rules are doing and what to change if they wish to do so.

Comicvine insists on indicia, but they dont always get that right, so you get whole series switching from one wording to another. Angela will be one of those, mark my words.

I have sought to edit it on comicvine but without the paper version I have no leg to stand on. I can appeal until I am blue in the face that the actual indicia is 90% certain to be with a colon but as I don't go to comic stores and the only copies I buy or read are digital then I can't actually convince them without evidence.

Diamond are certainly not always correct because I have been using those to decide on these rules and they have been wrong a number of times so far. It does seem that Marvel.com have so far used the indicia on their website so I will mainly use that as a guide and await Comicvine to catch up. Comicvine has caught up on every other title apart from Angela wich I suspect, ironically, is because I sought to edit it.

P.S. To clarify, my rules will currently expect the Colon version but still work with the Comma version, that way they will work with Comicvine scraped books and will still work if and when they get corrected on comicvine. They don't change the series title.
Yeah, I completely understand and agree with how you've approached the setup with a nod to ComicVine since we all love and rely on the scraper.
Though, if there is a preference to how you'd like some of those titles to appear in ComicVine, let me know. I know for a fact that I now have enough actively on ComicVine to edit issues without the need for admin approval. It may be the same for series/volumes as well.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 10 months ago #44482

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
I will bear that in mind thanks.

I don't think there are any other problems with Comicvine's volume names at the moment. I was shocked and surprised that All New, All Different contained a comma, but that does appear to be the indicia and that is how they solicited it in previews.

Personally I would love them to change Angela but as I have already had the change rejected I will await proof positive of the indicia inside the paper version before I bother to look at that issue again, given that the main person editing that volume's entry is taking a hard line on it. I might care more if I was enjoying the title but I am really dissapointed with it.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 10 months ago #44483

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
BTW just noticed that I hadn't actually corrected All New, All Different Avengers. There is a problem with this and the Patsy Walker volume because you can't have commas in lists so I have added a rule to the "One-Shots, Limited and Problems" folder.

So here is the corrected version.

File Attachment:

File Name: ANAD8.6.zip
File Size:2 KB

NOTE: Tidied up version now replaces earlier version.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by jkthemac.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 9 months ago #44678

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
New ongoings in solicits:
Gwenpool
Moon Knight

Events and one-shots:
Amadeus Cho: Genius at Work
Spider-Women
Captain America: Road To War (one shot)
Avengers Standoff: Assault On Pleasant Hill Omega (One-Shot)
Doctor Strange: Last Days Of Magic (one shot)

File Attachment:

File Name: ANAD9.zip
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by jkthemac.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 9 months ago #44735

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Uncanny Inhumans is the next volume to be retitled on Comicvine because they don't bother to use marvel.com to verify indicia.

I have added the new name rather than replace it for now.

File Attachment:

File Name: ANAD9.1.zip
The following user(s) said Thank You: dockens

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 9 months ago #44742

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Side note: as an example of how the indicia issue at comicvine I am always moaning about does matter: comicvine has now switched Mighty Thor to The Mighty Thor so they have moved from what seems to be the correct indicia to a probably incorrect one based on an edit that may have slid under the radar. So now anyone that scrapes their comics and then orders them by volume either has to remove the 'The' and trust the issue will revert, or go with the flow and add the 'The' to the previous three books. Trying to second guess indicia when many read digitally these days makes for a dumb system.

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 7 months ago #45293

• Silentgray
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
@jkthamac Any chance you will be updating the .dat file anymore with some of the newer comics coming? Thanks for all the previous work!

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 7 months ago #45294

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
The version I was using got a little out of step, I had to reset a few things and lost a part in the middle. I have updated it now but I can't be 100 percent sure i have captured everything. Let me know if it misses something.

File Attachment:

File Name: ANAD10.zip
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by jkthemac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: squeedps

Organize All-New, All-Different Marvel comics 1 year 6 months ago #45391

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
Updated for June and July.
I have made the Series Group equal 'Event' for the Civil War titles that start "Civil War II..." and the Main Character/Team 'Civil War II'

I also removed an incorrect rule for 'Captain America: Road To War' which turned out to be a movie tie-in comic not an ANAD comic.

File Attachment:

File Name: ANAD11.zip
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Who's Online

We have 236 guests and 3 members online