Welcome, Guest
Discussions about the Marvel Universe

TOPIC: Marvel "seasons" in comics...

Marvel "seasons" in comics... 2 years 1 month ago #47764

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 191
Since I began reading new comics when Heroic Age was released, and then Marvel Now, I have been dividing my Marvel collection by "ages", to keep some kind of "module order" and not have everything mixed... (and then use a different type of division inside each one of them)

The idea is always choosing specific moments in time where most comics are relaunch or renew, so that every age "cut" comic series the less possible...

Till now I have created 4 "seasons" or "ages":

Heroic Age (from after Siege to Avx)
Marvel Now (from after Avx to Secret Wars)
All New Marvel (from after Secret Wars to Marvel Now 2016 number 1s)
Marvel Now 2016 (from Marvel Now till today)

As I haven't read many comics before Siege (or at least not in a completionist way of reading everything) everything before siege is in a "category" called "Old Marvel"

Now, however, I have been wanting to read and organize comics before Siege event, and so I have been trying to find new "points in time" to make this division... As I am quite "new" in Marvel Comics, I don't know enough to do it, so I am asking veterans reader for help with this...

Which points in time would you choose in Marvel history to make this divisions in the most "modular" way possible?

Note: Some comics that usually are not very connected to the main universe or cronollogy I usually separate them in their own category... as for example Ultimate Marvel (before Marvel now), MAX, Marvel Zombies, etc... These comics are in separate modules of their own... with their own sagas or categories (for example Ultimate Marvel I have it divided in "1st saga", "2nd saga", "3rd saga" and "Marvel Now Saga")

The idea is not to find PERFECT breaking point, you will ALWAYS have series cut in two, or things like that. It will always be a subjective concept...
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Xelloss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Marvel "seasons" in comics... 3 months 1 week ago #62726

• gtokeefe
  • Fresh Boarder
I'd be curious to find out what you did (after all this time) - although I am not "new to Marvel," - I am a bit of a completionist. I have read Marvel up to and including Siege, but then fell way behind...I am trying to get back into Marvel and get caught back up, but its all so confusing. I look at Marvel comics now and cant figure out which Xmen are alive, dead, some are back, some are not who they say they are...how many Spider-man(s) are there? Are they in the same universe? What ARE the universes? How can we just streamline the "old" Marvel and see the history & proper chronology. Curse you Quesada for following the mighty dollar and oversaturating with quantity NOT quality. hmmmm.
Sadly I will just consider Marvel RIP and just remember the good old days. I miss my Marvel
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by gtokeefe.

Marvel "seasons" in comics... 2 months 4 weeks ago #62817

• Xelloss
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 191
Hi! I still read Marvel regularely... Not EVERY comic as I used to do because of time... but most of them I do, and I still try to be up to date with characters continuity...

I undertand why you are complaining, but believe me that as a DC fan too Marvel is MUCH MORE organized and makes MUCH more sense... If you have any question about continuity just ask me, I will answer :P

About this topic, I end up using Civil War as a division point, and make an ERA called (Civil War to Siege), as Civil War made quite a change in Marvel comics not only in stories but publishing... I still don't know which will my next era (going backwards) when organizing the comics, but I think I will just make an era between Heroes Reborn and Civil War (it is A LOT of times, but not that many comics)
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Who's Online

We have 176 guests and no members online