Username: Password: Remember me
Discussions about the Marvel Universe
  • Page:

TOPIC: Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced!

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced! 4 years 5 months ago #7197

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
While only partially comic related, this is by far my favorite fighting-game franchise. I was thrilled when they re-released Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the PSN this year, as it allowed me to finally retire my Dreamcast version and featured full HD sprites. I'm very excited for the new game but the wait for Spring 2011 is going to be rough!

arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/04/capc...apcom-3-and-more.ars
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced! 4 years 5 months ago #7200

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
  • With great power comes great W/T.
  • Thank you received: 78
I was totally coming to post this I AM SO EXCITED :D

Re:Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced! 4 years 5 months ago #7210

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 475
Seeing your excitement, I may just like to hop in with a few things you'd like.. :)

Here is a brief teaser of non-gameplay video released with the announcement.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 was one of the greatest comic book related video games ever and, 10 years later, is still looked upon fondly by fighting game and comic fans alike.

Last week, the developer, Capcom, held their annual Captivate news event in Hawaii and rumours ran wild about a new Marvel vs Capcom game when a Marvel employee at the event made it known he was in Hawaii at the time and had big news that he'd share with everyone a week later due to a week long news embargo.

Well, it's one week later and, if you haven't guessed by the title of this post, Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds was announced. What we know, early video and some screen shots after the jump.
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds will be similar to Street Fighter 4's aesthetics with 3D characters fighting on a 2D background. Details are scarce on the exact gameplay, but expect it to follow closely to the classic Marvel vs Capcom 2 and the more recent Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii. What this means is we'll be seeing teams of characters, easy to play, but difficult to master gameplay and big combos with lots of flashy supers from our favourite characters from Marvel and Capcom.

The release date for the game is set for a tentative Spring 2011, so don't get too excited or expect it for this Christmas or anything.
Of note, the designers were quoted as saying the game would look like a "living comic book" and feature a "deep story". Now, I take all fighting game stories with a grain of salt, especially crossover stories, so "deep story" will most likely end up being a euphenism for having a story as opposed to a good or deep one.
The above photo is a list of confirmed characters as of right now. Considering MvC2 featured 50+ characters from both Marvel and Capcom, the above photo leaves a lot to be desired. Capcom states that they are shooting for around 30 characters, but more could be added with downloadable content.

Confirmed Characters - Morrigan (Capcom - Darkstalkers series), Chris Redfield (Capcom - Resident Evil series), Iron Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Ryu (Capcom - Street Fighter series)

Rumoured Characters - Super Skrull, Captain America, Dr Doom, Deadpool, Iron Fist, Black Widow, P.N.03 (Capcom - P.N. 03 series), Dante or Nero (Capcom - Devil May Cry series), Frank West (Capcom - Dead Rising series), Felecia (Capcom - Darkstalkers series), Mephisto, Chun-Li (Capcom - Street Fighter series), Rad Spencer (Capcom - Bionic Commando series)

Courtesy The Weekly Crisis
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re:Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced! 4 years 5 months ago #7216

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
I read someplace that when they announced that video they said it was in-engine, NOT prerendered. I can't seem to get that at the moment though for confirmation.

I'd also add that I don't know where that list of rumored characters comes from, but I think if nothing else that Spider-Man and Megaman (or possibly X, I suppose, if they want a change) are pretty much 100% a given as well even though they're missing from the silhouettes.

Re:Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced! 4 years 5 months ago #7220

• lanzajr26
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Shinrai wrote:
I read someplace that when they announced that video they said it was in-engine, NOT prerendered. I can't seem to get that at the moment though for confirmation.

I'd also add that I don't know where that list of rumored characters comes from, but I think if nothing else that Spider-Man and Megaman (or possibly X, I suppose, if they want a change) are pretty much 100% a given as well even though they're missing from the silhouettes.

I agree about Megaman, he's got to be in the game in some form. Spider-Man may be an issue since I believe his video game rights are tied to Sony. So unless Capcom can work some legal magic we may not be seeing him this time around.

My wish list of characters includes: Jean Grey (with Dark Phoenix alt costume!), Sheva from RE5, Thor, Bionic Commando, Cloak & Dagger, Daredevil, C. Viper, Viewtiful Joe, Silver Surfer, Thing, Ms. Marvel... man I could go on and on :D

Re:Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced! 4 years 5 months ago #7222

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh, man, I didn't think about Spidey's rights. That said, the fact that this game is happening at all is a good sign because Activision has all the Marvel game rights since like 2000 right? I mean, they're releasing Shattered Dimensions. So here's hoping they've worked something out.

Also, I should add Phoenix Wright to the almost certain list - they said he was going to be in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom but they just couldn't quite get him working properly before they hit the market. They certainly have enough time to get the kinks out now...

Re:Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced! 4 years 2 months ago #9012

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 475
Maybe Shinrai will like this :)

Marvel vs Capcom 3 Roster Updates @ Comic-Con Day 2

Comic-Con seemed like as good a time as any for Capcom and Marvel to announce more of the roster for the game, which already featured the likes of Hulk, Deadpool and Captain America.

Newest officially announced members include Thor, Dr Droom and the Super Skrull from Marvel and Amaterasu (Okami), Trish (Devil May Cry) and Chun-Li (Street Fighter) from Capcom. Others mentioned by several Capcom developers include Dormammu (unknown if playable or a boss), Daredevil, Emma Frost, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Gene (God Hand), Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney), and unnamed characters from Power Stone and Rival Schools.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re:Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced! 4 years 2 months ago #9014

• {Oo}
  • Platinum Boarder
  • The Chewie is a lie !
  • Thank you received: 40
How much time, and money, did I spend (waste?) on the arcade version of the first Marvel vs. Capcom... Amaterasu? Really? Okami is one of the most beautiful game I ever played... And god only knows how many of them I played over the years... Why would they allow Amaterasu to be in such a different type of game... :(

Re:Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced! 4 years 2 months ago #9040

• Shinrai
  • Platinum Boarder
I am really pissed that Super Skrull is in because this means we probably won't see ANY of the FF whatsoever. Some of the other characters are pretty awesome. Phoenix Wright, especially, better make it in.

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announced! 3 years 4 months ago #14865

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We just purchased Marvel vs Capcom 3 a coupe weeks ago. I tried and tried to wait for the used version to come down in price (GameStop) and it just wouldn't budge. Still, had to have it, :)

To tell the truth, the small things I wish that were different about this game...

Have it be 100% Marvel, or even Marvel vs DC. The Capcom players rarely get used on my console.

And I think they could have changed the background music during the character select screen :laugh: my girl hates it, cuz my son takes forever to chose his fighters.

Other than that, this game rules... worth the $50 without a second thought.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Who's Online

We have 114 guests online

PIM

You are not logged in.