Welcome, Guest
Discussions about the DC Universe

TOPIC: Hellblazer no more

Hellblazer no more 4 years 9 months ago #30174

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Vertigo's longest-running series, Hellblazer, is coming to an end today (February 20, 2013) with the release of its 300th issue.

Hellblazer was DC/Vertigo’s last link to its tremendous revitalization of the comic book industry from the late ‘80s. While books like Sandman, Animal Man, Transmetropolitan, and Preacher have all come and gone, Hellblazer was a constant

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hellblazer no more 4 years 9 months ago #30185

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
Yeah, they're replacing it with the younger, handsomer, less morally ambiguous New 52 Constantine in his own title.

Although it's probably a smart business decision on their part I don't know if the quality will measure up.

Keep in mind that they created the Vertigo imprint back when they were still worried about keeping to the Comics Code Authority which DC finally dropped 2 years ago shortly before launching the New 52.

Re: Hellblazer no more 4 years 9 months ago #30186

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Yeah, there aren't many books on Vertigo these days. I think there are only 4-5 ongoing series. Are they planning to cancel the Vertigo imprint? :unsure:
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Hellblazer no more 4 years 9 months ago #30192

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
I'm pretty sure Vertigo will stick around but it's just going to be creator owned titles, or at least titles that aren't a part of the DC universe from now on. Hellblazer was the last title that had ties with the regular DC universe.

I read Saucer Country is ending at issue 14 so hopefully we'll see new fresh titles like that soon.

Re: Hellblazer no more 4 years 8 months ago #30223

• James Spaceman
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
600WPMPO wrote:
Yeah, there aren't many books on Vertigo these days. I think there are only 4-5 ongoing series. Are they planning to cancel the Vertigo imprint? :unsure:

I really like Fables.

DC needs to keep Vertigo. Hell, some of the freaky titles should be under Vertigo anyway. Swamp Thing and Animal Man are kinda over the top for the DC hero factory.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Who's Online

We have 198 guests and 7 members online