Welcome, Guest
Discussions about the DC Universe

TOPIC: Organize DC's new 52 comics

Organize DC's new 52 comics 2 years 6 months ago #42293

• duckpuppy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Are you still using this for DC Comics post-New 52? I've kept my ruleset up to date through the New 52, but now that it technically won't be the New 52 anymore, have you looked at a Post-Convergence DM ruleset? I've been working on it, but I'd be interested to see if anyone else has ideas. Creating a new rule set for the new titles is easy, but the only way I can see for the continuing series is multiple rules for the comics based on which wave they were in (since all comics in a given wave will be at the same issue number) or simply letting the New 52 rules continue to match them and having a subsequent rule for Custom Concept=New 52, Month >= 6, and year >= 2015. Neither of those seems like the right way, but those are the only choices I came up with.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 600WPMPO

Organize DC's new 52 comics 2 years 6 months ago #42297

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
duckpuppy wrote:

Are you still using this for DC Comics post-New 52? I've kept my ruleset up to date through the New 52, but now that it technically won't be the New 52 anymore, have you looked at a Post-Convergence DM ruleset? I've been working on it, but I'd be interested to see if anyone else has ideas. Creating a new rule set for the new titles is easy, but the only way I can see for the continuing series is multiple rules for the comics based on which wave they were in (since all comics in a given wave will be at the same issue number) or simply letting the New 52 rules continue to match them and having a subsequent rule for Custom Concept=New 52, Month >= 6, and year >= 2015. Neither of those seems like the right way, but those are the only choices I came up with.

Good question. Needs discussion & more opinions.

From wiki:
The aftermath of "Convergence" will see an end to The New 52 branding, however the continuity established by The New 52 will continue. After the storyline concludes, beginning on June 3, 2015 and lasting throughout June and July, the DC Comics line of comic books will consist of 24 new series that will begin at issue one. Alongside these new additions, the company will continue publishing 25 of their existing ongoing titles, all of which will maintain their current numbering and storylines.

Since they will be 24 new series, why shouldn't we just make a 'Post-Convergence' wave and continue with the old rulesets?
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Organize DC's new 52 comics 2 years 6 months ago #42303

• PuNkstErHD
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Hakuna Matata!
Will be trying this one out! Thanks!! :blink:

Organize DC's new 52 comics 2 years 6 months ago #42306

• JackBauer24
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I still find it simplest to use the Imprint field. For the New 52 books, I set the imprint to "DCNew". Starting with Divergence (and post-Convergence books), I'm setting it to "DC You" (their branding, not mine). Then a simple Smartlist will pull all of the books with the chosen Imprint.

Organize DC's new 52 comics 2 years 5 months ago #42307

• 600WPMPO
JackBauer24 wrote:
I still find it simplest to use the Imprint field. For the New 52 books, I set the imprint to "DCNew". Starting with Divergence (and post-Convergence books), I'm setting it to "DC You" (their branding, not mine). Then a simple Smartlist will pull all of the books with the chosen Imprint.
Yes, that's another way to do it. But, why not use a custom field instead of (mis)using the imprint field? ;)

Organize DC's new 52 comics 2 years 5 months ago #42308

• jkthemac
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 253
Another way to do this is to use tags. As the Tags field is a comma seperated list you can use tags to categorise lots of different aspects of an issue. Indeed the whole point of tags in file systems is to allow just this kind of multiple aspect categorisation.

In Smart Lists you can use List Contains to pull out single tags.

Organize DC's new 52 comics 2 years 5 months ago #42347

• hellscaretaker
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
The buzz word knocking about for the new comics DCU? Of course thing is some are carrying on from DC52 with numbering....

What in your view be best way to label the Future End one shots? That of course not covered in this list?
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by hellscaretaker.

Organize DC's new 52 comics 2 years 5 months ago #42366

• 600WPMPO
hellscaretaker wrote:
The buzz word knocking about for the new comics DCU? Of course thing is some are carrying on from DC52 with numbering....

What in your view be best way to label the Future End one shots? That of course not covered in this list?

This is the checklist:

I'll be posting smartlists & Data Manager rules soon. Here's how to organize the DC YOU comics! :)

Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by 600WPMPO.

Organize DC's new 52 comics 2 years 5 months ago #42367

• hellscaretaker
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks to you, i have been playing around with the data you supplied.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by hellscaretaker.

Organize DC's new 52 comics 2 years 2 months ago #42969

• LostTech69
  • Fresh Boarder
First off, great work here. I really appreciate the effort.

I have let my DataManager Ruleset fall out of date, and rather than recreate the wheel. I was wondering if someone could post the final ruleset for the New 52 Era.

Thanks
Time to create page: 0.745 seconds

Who's Online

We have 290 guests and 3 members online