Welcome, Guest
Discussions about the DC Universe

TOPIC: DC You? Poo? My Review

DC You? Poo? My Review 2 years 2 months ago #42550

• Fuzzyluzzi
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 42
I've tried. And now I have failed. 4 weeks in and I can't find any reason to like what has come out from DC after Convergence. Rather than give us a reboot like Flashpoint into New 52 did. Convergence and the Multiverse were just there. They could have expanded either of those stories and made them the focal point of a new universe. Instead we just get a poor, I can't even call it a continuation, of the current story lines.

How many characters have they de-aged in the last year. I was quite amused to see Rose Wilson's comment on her dad being younger than her. Barbara Gordon went from being the strong leader of the Birds of Prey to a "Clueless" college girl. Jim Gordon, won't even go there. Starfire seems to have forgotten everything she learned with the Outlaws. Joker while looking cool, grrr. Black Canary, Birds of Prey fleshed out here New 52 character so well. And then she meets younger Babara and gets hit with the same virus.

Sadly with all the BS, I think the only things worth reading will be the ones that forget the Core group and just try to be silly. Bat-Mite, Bizarro and Harley. I will say one place that DC seems to be hitting a great stride is in the Digital Firsts. Mortal Kombat, Injustice, and Gods & Monsters are so far away from their canon stuff that you can just enjoy them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DC You? Poo? My Review 2 years 2 months ago #42555

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
I feel that mainstream superhero comics have no more stories to tell. Everything is a throwback to old stories. They are just running a business full of divergences & convergences. The only hope is publishers like Image, who still manage good stories every now & then.
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

DC You? Poo? My Review 2 years 2 months ago #42556

• kenjio
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Fuzzyluzzi wrote:
I've tried. And now I have failed. 4 weeks in and I can't find any reason to like what has come out from DC after Convergence. Rather than give us a reboot like Flashpoint into New 52 did. Convergence and the Multiverse were just there. They could have expanded either of those stories and made them the focal point of a new universe. Instead we just get a poor, I can't even call it a continuation, of the current story lines.

How many characters have they de-aged in the last year. I was quite amused to see Rose Wilson's comment on her dad being younger than her. Barbara Gordon went from being the strong leader of the Birds of Prey to a "Clueless" college girl. Jim Gordon, won't even go there. Starfire seems to have forgotten everything she learned with the Outlaws. Joker while looking cool, grrr. Black Canary, Birds of Prey fleshed out here New 52 character so well. And then she meets younger Babara and gets hit with the same virus.

Sadly with all the BS, I think the only things worth reading will be the ones that forget the Core group and just try to be silly. Bat-Mite, Bizarro and Harley. I will say one place that DC seems to be hitting a great stride is in the Digital Firsts. Mortal Kombat, Injustice, and Gods & Monsters are so far away from their canon stuff that you can just enjoy them.

I have tried for years to follow DC comics on a monthly basis. One of the things I most enjoy is the anticipation that builds as you wait for the new issue of your favourite comic to come out. Both DC and Marvel, unfortunately, seem to be experts at "Bait and Switch" - they make a character appealing to new readers, only to inevitably f*** it up a few months later. It has happened so many times, I've stopped trying. I pick up the trades, because it seems the only way to get a decent reading experience.

600WPMPO wrote:
I feel that mainstream superhero comics have no more stories to tell. Everything is a throwback to old stories. They are just running a business full of divergences & convergences. The only hope is publishers like Image, who still manage good stories every now & then.

I still enjoy a few superhero books (maybe it's more of a sentimental thing) - but I have to agree, I get much more satisfaction reading comics from Image (and some IDW, but to a much lesser extent).
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

DC You? Poo? My Review 2 years 2 months ago #42557

• Shalaengyl
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I just read back issues any more. I'm reading 90's Superman at the moment.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Who's Online

We have 210 guests and 5 members online