Welcome, Guest
Discussions about Comics from other Publishers

TOPIC: Star Wars comics suggestion?

Re: Star Wars comics suggestion? 4 years 4 months ago #34208

• inSane
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm trying a reading order myself according to starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_media minus the rpg's and videogames and have some questions and musings.

Converting to CBZ or CB7 deletes all non-image files -without a warning- was a harsh lesson after a batch convertion :-)

ComicInfo.xml inside an CB7 is updated, but not within zip?

Selecting several comics at once, CTRL-I. If you then copy paste something into a homemade custom value always ends up in the first custom value available. Typing it in on the other hand does work.

The autonumber wizard doesn't work for a custom value?

Still haven"t figured out how to cope with the Era Numbers as in Mammut's screenshot. We get a 5 issue story arc. You can start labeling those with 1.1 1.2 and so on, so if an TPB becomes available you can give it 1. But novels and short stories sometimes are put inbetween those single issue comics. And after a year an omnibus appears, containing several TPB's...

Another problem still to solve is adding the Star Wars Tales with a story for every Era. If you have a Custom Value Era, adding all Era's seperated with commas makes them available in every era, but putting them on the right place for a reading order?

I'm not using the age ratings anywhere in my library, so I abuse the flashy coloured G, M, PG & MA15+ for movies, TV, Novels/short stories and other things, to more easily seperate those from the comics.

The 'Open With' script makes it possible for me to add all media (nicely packed in seperate cb7's) into one library ;-)

The completion of my reading order will probably coincide with the release of Episode VII, reading it all with the release of the complete 9 episode box.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Star Wars comics suggestion? 4 years 4 months ago #34218

• inSane
  • Fresh Boarder
If anyone is interested, here a first draft for "01 Before The Republic" & "02 Old Republic" with fileless low-res comics for the media not available at comicvine. (cb7's to distinguish from normal cbz-comics, put your epub or whatever media from amazorrent into the correct archive).
www.filedropper.com/01beforetherepublic
www.filedropper.com/02oldrepublic

I'm gonna put a tpb or omnibus at the end of a series, so comics 1 to 5 get a tpb, I will number the tpb 5.001 so I don't have to renumber everything :-)

So far no solution for the multiple-stories-in-one-comic problem.

I manually added the timeline years, is there a way to share that? Or has everyone do that for himself?

ps. can't seem to add files (.cbl) so for now www.filedropper.com/readinglists
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by inSane.

Re: Star Wars comics suggestion? 4 years 4 months ago #34225

• Madmatx
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
inSane wrote:
ps. can't seem to add files (.cbl) so for now www.filedropper.com/readinglists

This forum has issues letting you add attachments if you're using Firefox (probably adblock) I just switch over to Chrome when I want to add an attachments and it works fine.

Re: Star Wars comics suggestion? 4 years 4 months ago #34536

• inSane
  • Fresh Boarder
I made a list for the Rise of the Empire era with dummy files for the non-comic entries, but how can I share such a list? Adding the dummies to the library and deleting (as a test) the original files doesn't work.

as a test list and dummies (only 2) for 'Before the Republic' Era
mega.co.nz/#!7RUVgZxJ!NkuuPCdtY4L9nUgVPr...fGc9xMwernR9oczkLczM
mega.co.nz/#!zIVETBYJ!SCXl3T_yj_8DpsgWOU...G7Z0IBM4_Zbu58AjJc08

(I deleted everything inside the dummy file archive except the frontcover and .xml, does that change the id the list uses?)

Re: Star Wars comics suggestion? 2 years 9 months ago #41396

• proud_wolf
  • Fresh Boarder
Gents,

thanks for the ideas. Almost done with creating DataManager rules for the SW Chronology. With only one difference:
I'm keen to state dates of events just a year (omitting mentioning of BBY / ABY):
130 BBY = -130
15 ABY = 15

But I'm facing an issue:
- if (as advised by Mammut) use Custom Values for Timeline values CR treat them as a strings and thus sorting is very weird: either date of ABY epoch goes first and then BBY one, or order of issues within the series are stated in random order
- if to use Alternate Numbers (as advised by 600WPMPO), DM doesn't allow to use anything smaller then -1 :( (I'm using the latest version of DM 1.2.4)

Maybe someone could share the idea how to overcome this?
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by proud_wolf.

Star Wars comics suggestion? 1 year 5 months ago #45405

• alext41
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi all
I started a project for the Star Wars Legends Timeline based on starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_Legends_comics

Following custom fields will be used:
Concept = Star Wars
Concept Status = Legends
Concept Area = 01 Before the Republic
02 Old Republic era
03 Rise of the Empire era
04 Rebellion era
05 New Republic era
06 New Jedi Order era
07 Legacy era
08 Infinities
Concept Timeline = “see Year in the Timeline”
Concept Order = “Order in the Timeline”

Normal Fields:
StorylineTitle = see title in the timeline
SeriesGroup = Star Wars
Tags = Star Wars

After letting the Data Manager run with my file you can easy generate the reading list:
Concept Area = 01 Before the Republic

After you get the list sort the list via the Custom Field: Concept order.

The first Version contains 2 era's:
01 Before the Republic
02 Old Republic era

Have fun with it.
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Who's Online

We have 204 guests and 4 members online