Welcome, Guest
Discussions about Manga Comics

TOPIC: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 4 months ago #24040

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Deathspike wrote:
Downloading a chapter of each item in the list would require everything to be queried and maintained. That is not a big deal, but the current architecture does not allow it. Since this was written to be basic and flexible, I'll stick to this design and deny implementing the feature (Sorry!). Fixed the issues on KissManga and another that I encountered while fetching Girl Friends from Batoto.
2012, 5th of July
- Fixed some issues with KissManga synchronization. Unrecognized title/chapter format.
- Fixed Batoto issues to avoid skipping non-numbered Omake (determines correct volume number).

Oh, well thanks anyways. And thanks for the fixes. Sorry if I was being a bother. :D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 4 months ago #24045

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Helping improve the application is never a bother! Issues? Report them! Good idea? I'd love to hear it too! Recommendations for awesome Yuri manga? Do tell!

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 4 months ago #24060

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
Version has been changed, again, with the following changes. Let me explain the choice for dropping 'completed series' support (the mechanism that removed an address from file when it was completed): The status of a series is correct on MangaFox, but isn't that accurate on any other provider. It also happens that a series gets an additional chapter (Specials, Omake, etc) that you would miss when a completed series is not checked again. Now, the text file serves a double purpose, because it can also be used as a reference to see what you have and where you got it from (and allow easy duplication of your entire collection when needed).
- Changed KissManga to be synchronized using parallelization.
- Dropped support for the release date. Scanlation release is not very reliable.
- Dropped support for completed series. Omake is often added after 'completion'.
- Improved image processing on the MangaFox resource provider.
- Improved reported timing and added a total elapsed time when finished.
- Fixed Batoto title issues on chapters marked as version 2.
- Fixed Batoto [Extra] labeled chapters to be handled similar to Omake.
- Restructured architecture to become even more basic and simplistic.
I also put in some additional effort on the image processing that was applied on MangaFox to make the images more crisp and natural, which does read a lot easier. I've tested this mechanism extensively, and I've come to the conclusion that the difference between HD sources (Batoto) and MangaFox is not that relevant after these changes. The added value, however, is the fact that MangaFox is the most correct and complete resource (This, I noticed when converting all my series to HD -- 30% was missing, 20% had missing chapters). Thus, I recommend MangaFox once again (for Windows users! Image processing doesn't work on Mac OS-X and Linux).

EDIT: In case anyone was wondering, yes, I have been floating around with my recommendation because of the obsession for higher quality images, going to KissManga and Batoto. However, through the more careful experimentation (as noted above) I've come back to the original recommendation, MangaFox, and leveraged additional processing to optimize the reading experience with resources from that particular location. I also re-confirmed the importance of having a reliable resource provider, something the other sources could not do, and this justifies having a somewhat lower quality (at least, in my opinion). I want readable and enjoyable manga, and not worry about where it came from and whether or not updates will be received.

EDIT: Here we go again~
- Fixed an issue in the MangaFox image processing class, which allowed some annoyancing watermarking (Oh god...).
- Fixed an issue causing the application to crash when processing a bad formatted image.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Deathspike.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 4 months ago #24073

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
KissManga only downloading first 11 pages. Tried One Piece and Pokemon Adventures.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 3 months ago #24884

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
Hey spike, hope you're still working on this program. It's been so useful letting me download stuff. Thanks so much.

Suggestions for other sites

mangahere.com
mangapirate.net

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 3 months ago #24902

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
I missed your previous message, sorry about that; I cannot reproduce the issue on KissManga, both One Piece and Pokemon Adventures are downloading as intended. Can you reconfirm this issue still persists? On the note of additional synchronizers, mangapirate does not seem to have a lot of value, but mangahere seems nice. It actually seems like a MangaFox-clone without licensing issues, as far as I can tell it has the same updates but it has a very annoying watermark. I'll think about this one :)

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 3 months ago #24912

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
Deathspike wrote:
I missed your previous message, sorry about that; I cannot reproduce the issue on KissManga, both One Piece and Pokemon Adventures are downloading as intended. Can you reconfirm this issue still persists? On the note of additional synchronizers, mangapirate does not seem to have a lot of value, but mangahere seems nice. It actually seems like a MangaFox-clone without licensing issues, as far as I can tell it has the same updates but it has a very annoying watermark. I'll think about this one :)

I can reproduce, if those don't work try Sundome, it downloads three pages only...also try Yu Yu Hakusho, it's doing it to me there and also on Mangareader.

Also on Mangareader, some titles are coming back invalid, like Sankarea
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by JaceSimian2099.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 3 months ago #24980

• lg5
  • Junior Boarder
What about making the MangaSynch customizable by their users?

I mean, making it possible to any user add custom scanlation groups. It will be not very difficult, since some of then runs a local installation from a common tool.

E.g., www.haru-ka.net/scans/ is a portuguese brazilian scanlation group that runs their viewer on leitor.haru-ka.net/reader/ , based on the foolrulez.github.com/FoOlSlide/ engine

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 3 months ago #24985

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
JaceSimian2099 wrote:
I can reproduce, if those don't work try Sundome, it downloads three pages only...also try Yu Yu Hakusho, it's doing it to me there and also on Mangareader. Also on Mangareader, some titles are coming back invalid, like Sankarea
Whenever I pull something from KissManga, everything does work as intended. I do have a theory; the application makes threads to download images in parallel, but due to your slow internet speed the thread pool might get flooded and start to starve threads. I changed the responsible code to limit the number of threads to your computer processor count (I hope it solves your problem!). I fixed the address recognition of MangaReader.
lg5 wrote:
What about making the MangaSynch customizable by their users?
I do not see any point of interest for implementing this engine; however, if you really wish to integrate this system into MangaSynch, you can now use the shared library (MangaSynch.Handler) and implement a handler yourself. An example (MangaReader) has been added to demonstrate how a handler is expected to function.
2012, 11th of August
- Changed KissManga to respect the number of processor cores to avoid starvation of threads.
- Fixed the MangaReader synchronizer to respect and recognize the new address format.
- Released SDK for plugin development and released MangaReader source as an example.
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Deathspike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oraclexview

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 3 months ago #24987

• oraclexview
  • aka SoundWave
  • Thank you received: 182
Great job Deathspike. I still haven't had the time to explore manga enough to utilize this script of yours but it's still awesome none the less. Thus, I dropped some more + karma your way.
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Who's Online

We have 279 guests and 4 members online