Welcome, Guest
Discussions about Manga Comics

TOPIC: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 3 months ago #24993

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Sorry about the trouble, Death, and thanks so much for taking so much effort with me nonetheless. :)

You're extremely dedicated. I added some karma too!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 3 months ago #25008

• cryosaur
  • Fresh Boarder
Very nice app. For some reason, it won't work with MangaFox thought it does with other sites I've tried. I don't really know what's happening with the MangaFox scrape but it says that it's fetching the first chapter and.. never succeeds? If it makes any difference, I am not seeing the watermark when browsing MangaFox online though maybe that is due to a) the mangas I am picking or b) my browser addons preventing it.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 3 months ago #25011

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
oraclexview wrote:
Great job Deathspike. I still haven't had the time to explore manga enough to utilize this script of yours but it's still awesome none the less. Thus, I dropped some more + karma your way.
Thanks! I recommend making the time and explore some Manga; a lot of the series are really worth it (such as my favourite Gunslinger Girls and Girl Friends :P).
JaceSimian2099 wrote:
Sorry about the trouble, Death, and thanks so much for taking so much effort with me nonetheless. :)
Was my assumption correct? Did the patch work for you and allow you synchronize KissManga series as it was intended, or does it still go wrong for some reason? If it goes wrong, I'll have to think up of something else.
cryosaur wrote:
Very nice app. For some reason, it won't work with MangaFox thought it does with other sites I've tried. I don't really know what's happening with the MangaFox scrape but it says that it's fetching the first chapter and.. never succeeds? If it makes any difference, I am not seeing the watermark when browsing MangaFox online though maybe that is due to a) the mangas I am picking or b) my browser addons preventing it.
Ah! I introduced this bug in yesterdays update, I was experimenting with smart episode detection and apparently neglected to put the save function back, thus the series were not being saved to-disk. This is solved now, try again :)
2012, 12th of August
- Fixed MangaFox synchronizer; Introduced a bug yesterday preventing saving of chapter(s).
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Deathspike.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 3 months ago #25017

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Mostly good, did find trouble with this one. I do try from different places, this one didn't work on KissManga or MangaFox (I think that was the other one I tried).

It does have an (!) symbol in the title's name, do you think that could mess it up? Windows doesn't allow those does it?

kissmanga.com/Manga/Koe-de-Oshigoto

It says invalid address.
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by JaceSimian2099.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 3 months ago #25182

• Ali008
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, great app and thanx for your effort

however, is there a way where i can choose which chapter should i start with?!. It's really a bother to start downloding from ther first chapter for a manga that i already read it's +100 chapters!

thanx again

PS: what do you think about this app?! .. domdomsoft.com/

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 3 months ago #25188

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
JaceSimian2099 wrote:
It says invalid address.
This seems to have been caused by a mature content filter on KissManga that I had not yet experienced. It's that page where you have to accept that you are about to view mature content, so MangaSynch does this now. Let me know if there are further issues :)
Ali008 wrote:
Is there a way where i can choose which chapter should i start with?!
I added this ability now. All you have to do is add a $ character after the address, followed by the number of chapters to skip. For example, if you want to download Bleach and have already read the first 100 chapters, you can do use mangafox.me/manga/bleach/$100. Hope this helps!
Ali008 wrote:
PS: what do you think about this app?! .. domdomsoft.com/
The application is not bad and does what it was written for, but the goals of that application and MangaSynch are different. MangaSynch has an explicit focus on synchronization and injection for ComicRack. Besides, MangaSynch is free, whereas the features anyone would require are not free in the domdomsoft application (automatic synchronization, post-synchronization image processing/watermark removal, high-quality resources, synchronization queue). Both have a valid reason to exist.
2012, 20th of August
- Added ability to skip chapters. (http://mangafox.me/manga/to_aru_kagaku_no_railgun/$10)
- Fixed MangaFox name detection (Manga no Tsukurikata).
- Fixed KissManga mature content (Koe de Oshigoto).

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 2 months ago #25287

• Ali008
  • Fresh Boarder
Reeeealy thanx ... it was helpful.

But a faced two problem:
when i try to download Gantz kissmanga.com/Manga/Gantz/$351 ,
1\ it does not start from the same number
2\ the app adds "kissmanga.com/Manga/Gantz/" to the text file, so i have:

kissmanga.com/Manga/Gantz/$351
kissmanga.com/Manga/Gantz/

!??

And a suggestion, can your app store the number of the last chapter that was downloaded?!
So, it updates the file from "kissmanga.com/Manga/Gantz/" to "kissmanga.com/Manga/Gantz/$351" for example?!

i would like this feature since i tend to delete the chapters that i read!

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 5 years 2 months ago #25390

• Mike43110
  • Senior Boarder
www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/magician-r208
kissmanga.com/Manga/Magician
At the break between the 1st and second volume (chapter 180) the program sees that as the last chapter and does not download any further.

Kubera will most likely have this issue as well, wake up deadman does.

Otherwise thanks for a great program! It is quite indispenisble for keeping a nicely sorted collection :)

Found a link that breaks the latest version www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/dengeki-daisy-r1939
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Mike43110.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 4 years 11 months ago #27697

Hopefully this doesn't count as thread necromancy, but I love this little program. I use it every day.

A couple suggestions:

* when a link is invalid, have it commented out somehow in the TXT file instead of deleting it.
* Is it possible to add the genres for a series added to the metadata if the site has them listed? I'd love to be able to create smart lists so if I'm in the mood for josei, all I have to do is pick that smart list on my android tablet!

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 4 years 11 months ago #27755

• cryosaur
  • Fresh Boarder
Deathspike, are you still around and maintaining this app? I really like it, but it has been failing to read MangaFox for some time now.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Who's Online

We have 228 guests and 5 members online