Welcome, Guest
Discussions about Manga Comics

TOPIC: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 4 years 11 months ago #27759

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
TL;DR: I'm taking feature requests for a new version. Leave suggestions :)
pookakitten wrote:
* when a link is invalid, have it commented out somehow in the TXT file instead of deleting it.
* Is it possible to add the genres for a series added to the metadata if the site has them listed? I'd love to be able to create smart lists so if I'm in the mood for josei, all I have to do is pick that smart list on my android tablet!
I have added commenting of an address instead of doing a delete. I will build and release this minor change tonight (or possibly tomorrow, depending on the time I get home). Adding genres is a little more involved and requires major restructuring of the application architecture, which is due to first version of the application not having a wider scope of support. I have started on this and I expect to finish a version with this addition somewhere early next week. I will also restructure tracking of chapters to accomendate those who wish to delete chapters when they read it, and avoid re-downloading of those. Additional features can be requested now, this is the time.
cryosaur wrote:
Deathspike, are you still around and maintaining this app? I really like it, but it has been failing to read MangaFox for some time now.
I am, and have been synchronizing from MangaFox on a weekly basis ever since the first release. It's still working as intended here. When the application crashes, it is writing an exception trace in the console. If you can get that posted here, I can figure out what is going wrong on your end and fix the problem.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Deathspike.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 4 years 10 months ago #27899

• Nappael
  • Fresh Boarder
Great program!

EDIT: I was going to suggest a feature, but then noticed that it was in the last fix. Nevermind!

EDIT: I have noticed one problem though. When I sync, my text file seems to get edited. It duplicates the lines of chapters I have told it to skip, but it removes the skip part of the line. I really have no need for it to go back and redownload manga I have already read before, so it would be nice if that didn't happen.

Thanks.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Nappael.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 4 years 10 months ago #27949

• drproton
  • Fresh Boarder
This program is fantastic. Thanks a bunch.

It works perfectly on mono.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by drproton. Reason: user error

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 4 years 10 months ago #28345

• Kins3
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Noticed something odd today. Hadn't been using the program for a bit, and was trying to update and generally clean a bunch of stuff up.

Did an update which included Kubera on Batoto (www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/kubera-r25). It synced up to chapter 100.5, which is the last chapter for volume 1. It did not pull anything from volume 2, even on a second attempt (in case anything needed to reset).

I'm not sure how it determines which chapters are 'new', but it seems to see Vol.2, Ch.1 as not valid, or already complete, instead of as a continuation from Vol.1, Ch.100.5.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 4 years 10 months ago #28511

• cryosaur
  • Fresh Boarder
My apologies. After trying a few more times, I see that syncing from MangaFox just takes (for me) a really long time compared to the other supported sites (about 6x or more) which made it appear that the program was caught in a loop or something. Thank you again for this fine program.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 4 years 10 months ago #29001

• enc0re
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks a lot for this wonderful programm. Just got ComicRack and had the same goal as you did.
Your little tool solved it for me.
Everything went pretty good, beside Tower of God which I wanted to download on Batoto.I think its because the filesnames are resetted after volume 1.
Every other manga is perfectly downloadable so far, so thanks for your work!
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by enc0re.

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 4 years 9 months ago #29150

• Creo
  • Fresh Boarder
I registered to say, you are awesome! This program is EXACTLY what I needed. Comic rack isn't half bad either ;)

Re: MangaSynch - Synchronizing Manga 4 years 9 months ago #29180

• Deathspike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Thanks for the feedback! There are some issues related to file numbering, especially when the numbering goes back to one in the next volume (for example in mangafox.me/manga/tsubomi_anthology/). These are fundamental issues that cannot be resolved in a simple patch of the current structure, without destroying your existing library. If you are comfortable with testing software, I urge you to try MangaRack (the successor of this application, comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/21-manga/291...-for-comicrack#29179) which deals with these issues. It has numerous small improvements but is currently beta software. If you are not comfortable with testing software, give me some time to make everything stable.
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds

Who's Online

We have 273 guests and 4 members online