Welcome, Guest
Discussions about Manga Comics

TOPIC: Rosario + Vampire

Rosario + Vampire 5 years 4 months ago #24090

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
You know, when I first began to read this manga, I almost didn't keep going. It was cute, and slightly interesting in a vampire-at-hogwarts-with-more-ecchi sort of way, but it didn't grab me.

It seemed very shallow and without direction. Somehow, somewhere along the way though it found it's direction, however, and became a rather detailed and very powerful (and surprisingly emotional) manga, which will most likely take its place as one of the best manga on the shelves.

For any who haven't read it, I won't ruin it for you, but keep in mind if you stick with it, it's worth it in the end. Beyond this sentence though are spoilers...

The latest chapter was very quick and had lots of drama. Things aren't looking good for outer Moka (or fake personality Moka now, I guess) as inner Moka struggles to preserve her while battling and protecting a badly damaged Rosary.

Though stating many times how much she hated Tsukune, we see that obviously there are feelings here in this issue; though whether the inner Moka is in love with him, or just really good friends is unclear. (As the central theme of R+V is, after all, "let's all be friends".)

We still don't see if Kurumu and/or Mizore are still alive, though I doubt they're dead. Kurumu is a master of illusion, Mizore makes body doubles, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that either or both of those techniques would work.

Though if Kurumu is dead, it'd be kind of fitting given the last arc where she stabbed Tsukune with a needle through the heart while kissing him. Really the only two things that could happen with her character at this point is a)dying trying to help her friends or b) hitching up with Gin. I'd rather she died at that point than the alternative... :pinch:

I still don't understand the oldest sister's motivation. There's obviously the creepy crush she has on Moka, and she seems to want to wake up the beast to destroy the world, but "why" hasn't really been explored.

Looking forward to the next few chapters, which I am guessing are going to feature all-out Tsukune battling.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Rosario + Vampire 5 years 4 months ago #24100

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Ok... will surely try to read your recommendation! :)

It is looking good:

There is also a Rosario-Vampire II showing up. This would be the second part, I think?

Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Rosario + Vampire 5 years 4 months ago #24102

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
600WPMPO wrote:
Ok... will surely try to read your recommendation! :)

It is looking good:

There is also a Rosario-Vampire II showing up. This would be the second part, I think?

Yup, it's the second season, kind of like a tv show. First season introduces a lot of characters. Second season will introduce one or two, but then dive into a larger backstory concerning Moka's sisters, her mother, and her Rosario. Good stuff.

One heads up, there's mild ecchi throughout the series, and one scene featuring nudity. Nothing to write home about, but if you're not expecting it and you have your grandma or little sister next to you, you may not want the surprise. :D
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by JaceSimian2099.

Re: Rosario + Vampire 5 years 4 months ago #24139

• Charlox
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Honestly, I was really put off when I read the first part because I really hate weak main characters and ecchi harem manga series are mostly so cliche but I managed to finish the first part. I continued with part 2 about 3 months ago and I was hooked. It's drawn extremely well and the plot improved to a point where it was bearable with interesting character development here and there. I may sound a little bit harsh and it's nowhere near my top favorite manga series but I honestly anticipate its release every month.

Btw 600WPMPO, what app was that?

Re: Rosario + Vampire 5 years 4 months ago #24140

• 600WPMPO
  • Thank you received: 557
Charlox wrote:
That is Manga Rock 2 for the iPad. :-)
Now Playing: The ComicRack Manual (Online)

See my new comics & gadgets on: Tumblr!

Re: Rosario + Vampire 5 years 4 months ago #24142

• JaceSimian2099
  • Gold Boarder
Charlox wrote:
Honestly, I was really put off when I read the first part because I really hate weak main characters and ecchi harem manga series are mostly so cliche but I managed to finish the first part. I continued with part 2 about 3 months ago and I was hooked. It's drawn extremely well and the plot improved to a point where it was bearable with interesting character development here and there. I may sound a little bit harsh and it's nowhere near my top favorite manga series but I honestly anticipate its release every month.

Oh, I know what you mean. It really did start off slowly, and it's only recently that it's gotten very good. I hate that this month was a skip month (no new story this month).
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Who's Online

We have 210 guests and 2 members online